What did you have for lunch? 1-19-09

Options
13»

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    a BIG bowl of homemade chicken/rice/vegetable soup and a vanilla yogurt.:flowerforyou:

I would like the recipe for your soup, sounds YUMMY!!:flowerforyou:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    salad with rasberry viin and nonfat plain yogurt with sliced strawberries yummy
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1/2 turkey and swiss sandwich on whole wheat, 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp mayo, romaine lettuce. Salad (romaine) with lots of carrots, a few croutons, and about 1 1/2 tbsp ranch dressing. And a diet Mt Dew. Less than 500 calories.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    a BIG bowl of homemade chicken/rice/vegetable soup and a vanilla yogurt.:flowerforyou:

Hey, sure. It's not so much a recipe as it is random instructions, lol. I use homemade broth. I roasted a chicken last night for dinner. you could used canned broth though. if it's homemade- pour chicken drippings into a bowl and refridgerate overnight or until top is firm and whiteish (all that fat lol). use a spoon to scrape off the white layer, and throw it out. It should come off pretty easily.

combine the remaining brownish, gelatenous goo, lol, in a pot with about 3 1/2-4 cups of water. You can add more later if the flavour is too strong. That's it, that's your base. Heat to a boil. the brown stuff will melt and you'll have a nice broth. Add 1/2 cup chopped chicken (leftover from the roast), 1/2 cup chopped veggies, anything you have in the fridge is good, (I like carrots, onions and celery), about 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper, and 1/4 cup of brown rice. reduce heat to medium, cover and let simmer. Takes about 45 mins or so, you'll know it's done when the rice and veggies are nice and tender. You can serve right away or refrigerate for later. I love making soup now, my mom taught me how over xmas. I thought it would be hard but it's SO easy and so yummy. (If you don't roast poultry often and want to make soup you can buy low-sodium canned broth or you can simply add your meat to the boiling water. Let it cook completely through and then remove it, chop it and add it in again. This makes a nice flavoured broth, especially with beef or steak chunks added.)

This recipe makes 3-4 servings and has about 120-150 cals per serving (depending on exactly what veggies you choose)
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I had poached cod, a mache salad with cherry tomatoes and blue cheese, some cherries, and 1 oz dark chocolate. 415 calories. I love days off and having a nice lunch :love:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Hey, sure. It's not so much a recipe as it is random instructions, lol. I use homemade broth. I roasted a chicken last night for dinner. you could used canned broth though. if it's homemade- pour chicken drippings into a bowl and refridgerate overnight or until top is firm and whiteish (all that fat lol). use a spoon to scrape off the white layer, and throw it out. It should come off pretty easily.

combine the remaining brownish, gelatenous goo, lol, in a pot with about 3 1/2-4 cups of water. You can add more later if the flavour is too strong. That's it, that's your base. Heat to a boil. the brown stuff will melt and you'll have a nice broth. Add 1/2 cup chopped chicken (leftover from the roast), 1/2 cup chopped veggies, anything you have in the fridge is good, (I like carrots, onions and celery), about 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper, and 1/4 cup of brown rice. reduce heat to medium, cover and let simmer. Takes about 45 mins or so, you'll know it's done when the rice and veggies are nice and tender. You can serve right away or refrigerate for later. I love making soup now, my mom taught me how over xmas. I thought it would be hard but it's SO easy and so yummy. (If you don't roast poultry often and want to make soup you can buy low-sodium canned broth or you can simply add your meat to the boiling water. Let it cook completely through and then remove it, chop it and add it in again. This makes a nice flavoured broth, especially with beef or steak chunks added.)

This recipe makes 3-4 servings and has about 120-150 cals per serving (depending on exactly what veggies you choose)

Thanks!! I don't roast much, but probably won't hurt to do it for better tasting soups and other things. I will try it sometime soon.

Thanks again!!
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    LC spaghetti with mushrooms, basil and meat sauce. ( I think they are lying) 290 cal.
    A jello 80 cal. pudding
    green apple