no support at home or work!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sadly people don't often support you doing something good for yourself because you're in a sense leaving them behind, and doing something that they can't do for themselves. Forget them! No one will do this for you except you, and I think that's part of what is great about this website, the reason people here are so supportive is b/c we're all doing the same thing. Good luck!

Keep plugging along...I promise you will meet new people on your journey to give you support when your family and friends can't.
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel...circumstances in my life keep me pretty isolated/alienated from others so i come HERE. i also PRAY. i didnt get this way other than own choices. why not go to my MAKER to help myself? id do that if my car needed help!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    im with you!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

ive done for others for sooo long, ive forgotten how to do for myself!! :grumble: :grumble:

as loving as family can be, at times they basically just think of themselves..:sad:

but its ALL GOOD!! cant let it get to us-cause its about us, our health and well-being!! right??

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You are NOT alone!

Read this -- it's truly an inspiration. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/367040-my-lifelong-inspiration
  • sassyntat2ed
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from!! My b/f was the 1 to really give me the push I needed to change my ways and now he never says anything about how I am looking or that I get up at 6 every day to go to the gym 7 days a week!! UGH it's so frustrating!!
  • Jessy0383
    Options
    I definately understand what you mean. I've been through the same. I have coworkers that got mad because they order junk food I don't eat that food.They even make jokes about it, which I really don't appreciate. Even my mom gets offended sometimes when I don't eat her food. But as I was telling them is my health and my kids health so I really rather loose friends and continue my journey with my real family and friend which is here MFP... Here I have found the support that I need....
  • audrine
    audrine Posts: 31
    Options
    I deal with the same thing at home. Everyone keeps telling me they love me the way I am. They tease me about the changes I'm trying to make. "You seem to be at the gym a lot lately. Are you now living there or what?". They keep buying junk food for me. "I bought buffalo chicken wings and Peanuts M&M's, honey! Your favorites!". :noway:

I don't know if it's their way of telling me it's okay if I fail and stay overweight. Not to put too much pressure on myself.

Maybe they try to be supportive by telling me they love me as I am. Or maybe as other people are saying it's the fear of change and what it could mean that bothers them.

You can never really KNOW why people act the way they do. You can only KNOW what YOU want to do. I want to be healthy. In the end, that's the only opinion I care about. :bigsmile: