Tell me not to eat this....

Options
13»

Replies

• mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Well, lets see....

The OP asked for support telling her not to eat it, and you're basically saying "go ahead and eat it, its OK to indulge once in a while".

Which post is more stupid here?

No, I'm saying beating yourself up over having fallen lightly off the wagon is stupid, some of the posts on this thread are just beyond support. .referring to the 'fat co worker' as a 'fat cow', abusing oneself because you let yourself indulge something you want. .. each day is a battle, take it one day at a time. . one bad day, noe nibble, is not going to destroy the diet. ..
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If someone uses the image of overindulgence as a turnoff, so be it. They show that on The Biggest Loser, etc all the time. Everyone's idea of motivation is different and I see nothing wrong with that. I hate being fat, I hate the pudge, and I hate it so much that I'm on MFP and working out and doing whatever I can to let that NOT be me anymore.

"Allowing myself" to "indulge" (on a WHIM, no less) is allowing the food to win and have control. That is exactly what the OP is struggling with and DOESN'T WANT TO DO. Planning that if I have extra calories after dinner, then I can have a sundae, that's different for me.

OP - Don't do it. It's not worth it. You already know that. Just keep repeating to yourself, "I'm stronger than excuses. Nothing will stop me. Nothing." That's what works for me. I have to constantly remind myself that I am STRONG.

You can do it!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Well, lets see....

The OP asked for support telling her not to eat it, and you're basically saying "go ahead and eat it, its OK to indulge once in a while".

No, I'm saying beating yourself up over having fallen lightly off the wagon is stupid, some of the posts on this thread are just beyond support. .referring to the 'fat co worker' as a 'fat cow', abusing oneself because you let yourself indulge something you want. .. each day is a battle, take it one day at a time. . one bad day, noe nibble, is not going to destroy the diet. ..

OK...nobody actually said they personally beat themselves up...most of the people who replied were just trying to be supportive of the OP by throwing out scenarios or responses to help make it easier for her to NOT eat the donuts (responding to the posting title "Tell me not to eat this...").

If her posting title was "is it OK to indulge this one time?", then it would be a totally different debate going on and most people would have probably said "sure..in moderation". Different things work for different people...so in some cases one bad day CAN be a slippery slope toward a full downward spiral. She wasn't asking people to give her excuses why she should eat...
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Well, lets see....

OK...nobody actually said they personally beat themselves up...most of the people who replied were just trying to be supportive of the OP by throwing out scenarios or responses to help make it easier for her to NOT eat the donuts (responding to the posting title "Tell me not to eat this...").

If her posting title was "is it OK to indulge this one time?", then it would be a totally different debate going on and most people would have probably said "sure..in moderation". Different things work for different people...so in some cases one bad day CAN be a slippery slope toward a full downward spiral. She wasn't asking people to give her excuses why she should eat...

^^^Yep, what she said. OP was asking for tough love, in a humorous way. I didn't get the feel she was asking "Should I?"
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I swear I saw your coworker sneeze on them.

...and that last person didn't wash their hands after using the restroom.

And I saw someone picking their nose picked one up, put it back and then picked up another!!!!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    eww...They didn't use real butter. I'm imagining that greasy feeling in your mouth because they used some cheap shortening to make them, and the thought of the sugar crash afterward is giving me a headache.

Isn't there something else that sounds better, like a cup of aromatic herbal tea? Licorice spice maybe?
  • futuremrsh_71412
    Options
    Just to let you know, I did not eat one!!! I stayed away from where they were and even had two people bring me one and I refused and got phone calls to remind me we had them. Really people???? How many times can I say NO!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo thanks for all the support!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know, I did not eat one!!! I stayed away from where they were and even had two people bring me one and I refused and got phone calls to remind me we had them. Really people???? How many times can I say NO!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo thanks for all the support!!!!:flowerforyou:

:drinker: Great job!! I hate when people are food-pushers after you've already said 'no'
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Way to go chickadee!
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I just saw a quote today that is perfect for you

"Never trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment"

Hope that helps :flowerforyou: