Is there something you just WON'T give up?

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    BACON! I also refuse to eat salads. I hate them.

Sofar so good!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    in and out cheeseburgers. I now order them without the special sauce with ketchup and mustard instead this saves about 100 cals and tastes almost as good, but i love there cheeseburgers and I only have one about once every 3 weeks......everything in moderation
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't give up much. I just monitor it better. If I really want an extra girl scout cookie I just work out that much longer and harder.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Don't give up anything ---- its all about moderation :)

That said, I would never give up coffee or baklava :)
    One I drink every single day -- one is a treat I don't get often enough anymore.
  • mfpgeezy
    Options
    everything in moderation is something i live by.....i mean i eat healthier but i still have ice cream once a week, and i still drink my yuengling at least once every 2 weeks, i eat pizza when i decide i want it...i comprimised on soda and dont drink the sugary ones and only drink diet ones(not that i think they are healthy with all those chemicals) lol thats all i got for now!

I LOVE ICE CREAM!
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't give up any food, I just don't eat it every day and I change the time that I eat it now. For example, I love Nachos. Instead of eating them for dinner, I will have them for lunch. It gives me enough time to burn them off before I go to bed, and now I only eat them once a month vice every dang night. :-)
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So far, I haven't given up anything! I'm trying to control frequency and portion size, but if this lifestyle change is going to stick, I know that I need to allow some indulgences...:happy:

This. I still enjoy everything I used to eat, just in moderation. I have to keep myself from going back for more chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven.. I still get a mocha frap from Starbucks when I go to Target once a week.. it's all about moderation! If I cut out all of the "bad" foods I love, I know I wouldn't stick with it!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    hmm..chocolate, carbs, booty calls, wine, ice cream...
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Pizza!
    I used to be fabulously addicted to Lean Cuisine pizzas. By used to, I mean less than a week ago!
    I was just put on my gluten free diet again on Saturday. So I've since had to give them up and it's a huge/sad transition.
    I am lucky that there is a local restaurant that has wonderful gluten free pizza-- I suppose I'll just have to get my fix that way!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Pizza & Beer... I eat/drink it once a week!
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer, specifically Coffee Mate. Sometimes fat-free, sometimes full fat. I love it. I never even use an entire serving, but it just makes my day.
    There is nothing I've completely given up, but tons and tons of stuff that is special occasion/weekend-after-a-mega-workout treats. Like, instead of ordering a Large pizza, my DH and I order a small, still got the pizza, just not eating it for another two meals.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    As far as food goes, I refuse to "give up" anything. It's not about denial, it's about learning moderation. I don't have to have five glasses of soda per night. I can have one every few days. I don't have to eat an entire bag of chips, I can have exactly the serving size listed on the container and nothing more.
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I don't drink a whole lot but when I do I like straight liquor (my favs are Tequila and Kahlua, just can't get enough of 'em) and liqueurs (my favs are chambord and disaronno, yum) and of course mixed drinks.. or drinks made of mixed liquors and/ or liqueurs- I don't plan on giving any of those up. Also, Coffee.... and smoking. I will eventually quit smoking but I am not about to do it until I get into the swing of things with this new lifestyle- otherwise it'll be too stressful and it'll never happen

(funny note: my furkids are all named after alcohol, lol, people think its because im a big drinker- but im not. Anywhoo- Tequila is my chihuahua (see avi pic) then the ferrets from left to right in my sig: SoCo (full name southern comfort- he only hears that when mommys mad lol), Captain Morgan, Mojito and Kahlua :wink: )
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything! I love food, and I come from a long line of people that pride themselves on their prowess in the kitchen.

I figure this really isn't a diet, because when I get to my goal weight, I'll be eating roughly the same calories I am now. If I couldn't enjoy my Portobella Stuffed Pork Loin with a Lingonberry reduction, or my homemade pizzas and breads I would give up and remain the size I started...

It's all about moderation now... If I want pizza, I plan the day around it and try not to go overboard. However, I still hit the pizza buffet and don't look back (pizza by-the-way is my nemesis), but I typically don't eat much during the rest of the day and make up for it during the week by getting in some extra exercise. Plus those types of trips are becoming few and far between...
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Pasta!!!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    wendy's double stack cheeseburgers.

sweet jesus.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I don't drink a whole lot but when I do I like straight liquor (my favs are Tequila and Kahlua, just can't get enough of 'em) and liqueurs (my favs are chambord and disaronno, yum) and of course mixed drinks.. or drinks made of mixed liquors and/ or liqueurs- I don't plan on giving any of those up. Also, Coffee.... and smoking. I will eventually quit smoking but I am not about to do it until I get into the swing of things with this new lifestyle- otherwise it'll be too stressful and it'll never happen

(funny note: my furkids are all named after alcohol, lol, people think its because im a big drinker- but im not. Anywhoo- Tequila is my chihuahua (see avi pic) then the ferrets from left to right in my sig: SoCo (full name southern comfort- he only hears that when mommys mad lol), Captain Morgan, Mojito and Kahlua :wink: )

:heart: Your ferrets are adorable!!! :heart:

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My Vita top muffins!
  • ziggy_mommy
    Options
    I am having an IMPOSSIBLE time giving up diet soda. Sure, it doesn't factor in the calories, but I KNOW I lose weight better without it.

Also, I can't STAND the taste of most "low-fat" items - especially cream cheese!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't think there's anything that I like that I've totally given up, but there are many things that limit or rarely eat anymore. Trans fats, saturated fat from meat or dairy, sugar, white bread/pasta, liquor, fast food. The only thing I eat regularly that would be considered by most doctors to be bad is wine.