Damsel in Distress

Options
124»

Replies

• theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    And about the spider thing... I wish I could explain my terror, but I can't. Which is why most of us can acknowledge that it is "irrational". We know it's ridiculous. I've had pet snakes, mice, and rats and was never afraid of any of them, but I just can't do spiders. I actually have a physiological reaction- my heart races, adrenaline pumps, it's awful. Simply the fact that someone else posted about being bitten will give me nightmares tonight- not exaggerating.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i dont guilt-guys into doing things, but if a guy approaches me offering to help, sure I'll take it :P

ps: I honestly can't open jars though...I even have to ask my 63 year old mom to open them sometimes =/ I...I just dont understand jars...
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    How can you change a tire from the kitchen? :drinker: :laugh:
  • sebrat
    sebrat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you only knew how many times I go to do something myself and have a guy do it for me.... of course, that only happens when the car breaks down and I am in my pajamas after picking my husband up OR if I am all dolled up for a night out, complete with my damned good smelling perfume...or if I am having a problem at Renaissance faire and all of those well trained, chivalric boys jump up before I even have a chance to do it for myself. And who am i to say no to a helping hand? Other than that, I expect to do most things without a guys help and probably do it better.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Most guys I know love the damsel in distress thing. Now, I don't do the whole "Ewww, it's a spider! Let me jump on a chair so you can kill it!" act, but I'll ask a guy to open a jar or reach something on a high shelf for me. And if he offers to do it without me asking, I can really play that up and make him feel like a million bucks. I think they get a kick out of it, and so do I.

My 6 year old niece would always ask me to get stuff off the shelf for her. I taught her how to pull out the drawers and climb on the counter to get it herself.......She is more independent now but, my sister is pissed and IDK why.

You taught your niece to pull out drawers and climb on them?!? They were not built to withstand the weight of a 6 year old. You gonna teach her how to fix them when one of them busts loose?

No that's crazy talk, Dasmel's in distress don't know how to use tools!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not a damsel in distress type. I can, and have, changed my own tire, at night, by myself, in the rain, in the parking lot of a closed tire shop (oh the irony, lol). And I'm an expert furniture assembler and curtain-rod installer, lol. However, I definitely also appreciate guys being manly and chivalrous! And let me tell you, what I don't appreciate was the situation I was in (but no longer, since I'm getting a divorce, although obviously this is not the reason for that, lmao!). My ex had absolutely NO interest in even making the effort to learn anything handy. So every single curtain rod, picture frame, mirror, etc in the house was put there by me. And every single piece of assembled furniture was assembled by me. And every single area of spackled and touched up wall was done by me. Really?! You could at least make the effort to help out, lol. And while I am quite independent, like I said before I love the whole chivalry thing. So yes, please, feel free to hold the door or offer to help with things!!