do you judge others based on what they eat?

Options

Replies

• acfkaren
    acfkaren Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm really not bothered what other people eat..........................as long as they have table manners when eating!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Nope. I judge people by how they treat others.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I judge everything that everyone does at any given moment, just because it makes me feel better about myself. I expect the same treatment.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You're just jealous!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Only when they take the last piece of something and I wanted it. I still despise one person for doing that to me several years ago.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Normally I don't notice what others are doing or eating. I rarely eat in public without my children, so I am usually busy. I do however judge you for eating that dolphin. That is just wrong. You sould not eat a dolphin! They are choke full of calories and probably mercury. Furthermore, if you are going to eat a dolphin then you really should not take a photo and post it on the interweb.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I don't judge people by what they eat. Who am I to judge someone, maybe they are celebrating or splurging, etc.. Not to mention what someone eats doesn't tell you if they are a liar, cheat, or in general bad person.
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    Yes I do but my best friend normally eats healthy around me Which is supportive, most of my friends who order big fatty meals don't even finish it or seem to really enjoy it so I dont see why they do
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    overweight doesn't necessarily = unhealthy

Remember that the next time you want to judge people. Unless you can see their blood pressure, colestoral levels, etc... etc.....

If you're going by the BMI scale, then yes, being "overweight" does not necessarily mean one is unhealthy. If a person is obviously obese and carrying around far more fat than they should, yes, they are unhealthy. Blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc. my be fine for the moment, but carrying around extra fat will take its toll at some point.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    overweight doesn't necessarily = unhealthy

Remember that the next time you want to judge people. Unless you can see their blood pressure, colestoral levels, etc... etc.....
    While true, one of the biggest markers for people who suffer from diabetes, joint issues, and heart issues is being overweight/obese.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I'm constantly listening to them complain about their weight/health/etc but when we eat together they're constantly making unhealthy decisions I judge them . . . but not as much about what they eat but the fact that they complain without addressing the issue. Otherwise, it's none of my business. When I see someone who I care about constantly make poor decisions I worry about them, but I don't judge them. Only what I put in my body and my child's body is my responsiblity, I don't even concern myself with what my hubs eats . . . he's a grown up and can make his own decisions.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I'm constantly listening to them complain about their weight/health/etc but when we eat together they're constantly making unhealthy decisions I judge them . . . but not as much about what they eat but the fact that they complain without addressing the issue. Otherwise, it's none of my business. When I see someone who I care about constantly make poor decisions I worry about them, but I don't judge them. Only what I put in my body and my child's body is my responsiblity, I don't even concern myself with what my hubs eats . . . he's a grown up and can make his own decisions.

Pretty much this. I've seen co-workers whine about needing to start losing weight while sipping on a regular soda and eating a whopper. Yup, I judge them :) Hell, I've been that person, and I'm sure people judged me. Take the step to make a change or shut about it and learn to deal with the consequences.

Now if I'm in restaurant and I see an overweight person eating a double bacon cheeseburger, I might arch a mental eyebrow and wonder, but i have no idea what his life is like or what his daily choices are. if he can make that cheeseburger work in his diet, more power to him.
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It's the people I know that fuss and complain about being overweight and wanting to look better but then eat crap ALL of the time. I try not to judge, but seriously... stop complaining that every time you see me I look better and you have that look on your face like your sick with yourself but then you go pick you up taco bell... and A LOT of it....
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    No but I get it in reverse. A couple of friends of mine and now even my husband seem to judge what I'm eating and then adjust what they are eating. I don't mind except for when they act all mad like I "made" them eat something more healthy since we're out together. I don't make people do anything. I just do me!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    look, I feel bad for a person when they're morbidly obese and scarfing down McD's or the equivalent. It's not my business, but I still feel for the person. It's a vicious cycle for some, but others choose to be this way as well.

My SIL, beautiful girl, wonderful single Mother but her nutritional habits are deplorable. She is morbidly obese, but she's okay with that. She eats BK, McD's, Taco Bell, has a popcorn machine in her livingroom and makes it with a whole pound of butter every other night. I would never judge her because of her eating habits.

Just like I would hate for someone to judge me based solely on my appearance... I have a 6 cm abdominal diastasis which makes me look about 4-5 months pregnant. Am I fat? No. Do I look fat? Yes... Does that make me lazy? No!!

We are all here with a common goal of shaping up/losing weight. I say extend that beyond this site, but IRL as well.
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Nope! It's none of my business. I'll get jealous, but that's about it.
  • JustSheri
    Options
    I just get frustrated, but to myself, especially if that person talks about wanting to lose weight. Then they go and order a double whopper with cheese.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Having an opinion or thought is not judging...ppl need to get off the judging thing - not every thought or opinion is judging ppl.
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I never get mad at the individual or feel the need to chastise or lecture an adult in any way. We are our own worst critics and get down on ourselves enough, so if its a person who is dieting, trying too cut back on bad foods, change their eating lifestyle, or whatever they are doing, they already know when they are making bad choices. Thats their own weakness and no amount of putdowns, critisism or lectures will make them change it.

Instead I try to point out what they did good, and leave the negativity for them too decide how strict they want to be with their calorie restrictions, or other food choices. I try to encourage them because you see people on here all the time beating themselves up. I dont need too kick them while they are down I need to help them remember what they did good and help them get back up.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Nope, I could care less as long as they don't make me eat it.

That being said, I DO have issues with people who try to TELL ME about nutrition when they have absolutely no concept of energy balance/macronutrients.