Doing HCG diet

Options
Hi all, I'm new here and have been doing HCG diet for 17 days. I joined my fitnesspal so I could check on calories and record my weight loss. So far I have lost 6kgs, I'm really thrilled with this, but its been hard too. I would like to lose 20 kgs total over 2 rounds of HCG, fingers crossed I can do this. I gained alot of weight cos I quit smoking back in jan 2011 I am happy I quit smoking, but not happy I gained weight, so I needed to do something about that. My goal is to be lower than my smoking weight by january 2012.
HCG is amazing and I needed something like this so I can see the results fast. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    be careful with that, a girl on here said she started losing hair...........a lot of hair

oh and welcome :) haha probably should have said that first.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on your loss! This is a great site and lost of very supportive people. However, just be ready to get a lot of differerent opinions on your HCG diet. Good luck to you on your journey :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    *gets her chair and popcorn*
  • mommacuca
    mommacuca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    whats the hcg- isnt that the horomone we have when we are pregnant!?!?! eww lol being pregnant sucks!! anyway- DEATAILS please!!?
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

i'm right there with you...
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    jackson_popcorn.gif
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    whats the hcg- isnt that the horomone we have when we are pregnant!?!?! eww lol being pregnant sucks!! anyway- DEATAILS please!!?

Yes it is
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options

and blankie
  • lolly1d
    lolly1d Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words and the advise guys :smile:
  • lolly1d
    lolly1d Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yehhh its the hormone we produce when we are pregnant. It is produced in the placenta and ensures the growing baby gets nutrients in the womb. When a woman is pregnant and having morning sickness or living in poverty and not eating properly the baby takes nutrients from the mother so will still thrive. With HCG it frees up your abnormal fat, when you are on a low calorie diet your body feeds off the abnormal fat - using 1500 calories per day but the diet is strict and only certain foods are allowed. Read Dr Simeons "pounds and inches" - that book explains the diet in more detail. :flowerforyou:
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss whatever works for you. In between times stay as healthy as possible and we are here to support you for whatever.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,717 Member
    Options
    Yehhh its the hormone we produce when we are pregnant. It is produced in the placenta and ensures the growing baby gets nutrients in the womb. When a woman is pregnant and having morning sickness or living in poverty and not eating properly the baby takes nutrients from the mother so will still thrive. With HCG it frees up your abnormal fat, when you are on a low calorie diet your body feeds off the abnormal fat - using 1500 calories per day but the diet is strict and only certain foods are allowed. Read Dr Simeons "pounds and inches" - that book explains the diet in more detail. :flowerforyou:
    Hate to tell you this, but Simeon's theory on this has been debunked by several studies that recreated the same scenarios he offered. People lose weight because of the VLCD and not HCG.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    jackson_popcorn.gif

OH MY GOD!!! Its the black Michael Jackson!!!!!!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I think most people on here are referring to the HCG drops which are not HCG at all, they are HCG stimulators and are mostly Vitamin B12, Amino Acids, etc.... They can be harmful, in large doses and a 500 calorie per day diet, but the real HCG, Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin, is a naturally occuring hormone during pregnancy and is effective at releasing stored abdominal fat in conjunction with a low-calorie, low-fat diet.

The original diet, combined with the real HCG allows the consumption of 800-975 calories per day while taking the HCG injections and about 1200-1400 on the "off days". The plan allows for 5 days of injections, 2 days off and a maximum of 40 days on the plan with a month off in between and a maximum of two cycles before the patient is put on maintenance....

Hope this added to the show...... :happy:
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    This is so hilarious! Who needs the Sunday comics when we have MFP!! :laugh:
    I am starting the HCG diet this week~end and (that is a personal choice of mine.) I have done the research and I am well aware of what I am looking at in the next month. I am scared, but willing to try, anyway. Good luck to us and :drinker: to you!! :wink:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Welcome and remember temporary solutions usually equal temporary results :drinker:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    FFS.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Another win for Darwin.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    welcome and congrats on the weight loss..... Hopefully you are on the diet under a supervision of a doctor. I have heard sucess stories where people have lost tons of weight and I have known people to go through the worst of the horror stories. Just be careful due to the low calories...... Good luck on your weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.