Curvy or not Curvy?

Options

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I feel like curves are what makes a girl a woman and not a child.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, his reason: He thinks models are hott because they are thin.... So all women should be thin....

Hmmm.....I think the media really got to his head..... Where is the positivity for all types of women these days, including the curvy?

Apparently, he's never seen Cindy Crawford.
  • mezzosoprano89
    mezzosoprano89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I aim to be healthy and fit but to not lose my hourglass and curvy shape...if I did I don't think I would look like myself!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    for my personal tastes it depends on the girl. Some girls look great with curves and others look smoking hot without them. Also, in my opinion, curvy =/= thick. They are two separate things. Curvy is more about body composition. It's possible for both thin girls AND chubby girls can be curvy.
  • SugarBaby1987
    SugarBaby1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think that there are women of all different body shapes & types that are beautiful, but I love the hour glass, curvy body shape. Its incredibly sexy on a woman IMO, and thats what I want!! LOL
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    well I think this is dumb

Curvy women can also be fit and athletic.
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    CURVY OMG CURVY YES LAWD CURVY
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    The ultimate is a hybrid. I call this body type "sporty" which refers to a woman with curves that can tear it up when the need arrises. When you look at her you can tell she could run a marathon if she only wanted to. But put a dress on her and watch the heads turn.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    curvy!!! most guys i know love curvy!

Your lucky! Apparently, I know someone who doesn't like curvy! Which is his choice but still...lol
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    :wink: oh come on, that's much harder to generalize.

Let's not complicate things. lol
  • Cranapple
    Options
    Everyone is different and everyone is attracted to what they're attracted to. Your friend has his idea of what he likes and someone else will disagree.

Finally... Someone says it.

Some people like extremely obese women.
    Some people like extremely thin women.
    Some people have a thing for big hips.
    Some people have a thing for boyish hips.
    Some people like large breasts.
    Some people only like small breasts.
    Some people want their baby with "back" and others couldn't care less.

One thing I can guarantee, whatever it is about yourself that you're self-conscious about, there are people out there who think that the way you are is the hottest thing on earth. So try to make your body into the type of body that YOU are happy with.
  • rml_16
    Options

Your lucky! Apparently, I know someone who doesn't like curvy! Which is his choice but still...lol

Is this your boyfriend or a guy who you want as a boyfriend? Otherwise, I don't know why it matters what he thinks. You are who you are, and as someone above said, someone, somewhere, thinks your body is as hot as it gets.

My boyfriend liked me a little heavier. *I* didn't like me heavier. My opinion's the one that matters.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options

Is this your boyfriend or a guy who you want as a boyfriend? Otherwise, I don't know why it matters what he thinks. You are who you are, and as someone above said, someone, somewhere, thinks your body is as hot as it gets.

My boyfriend liked me a little heavier. *I* didn't like me heavier. My opinion's the one that matters.

No not at all my boyfriend....and I only said it because he said curvy should not be at all ideal for the body type... So just looking to see other opinions.. Which I also said somewhere earlier..all types no matter what are cool but for what he said, I'm just saying you can't neglect curvy types too... You are who you are...that's all and I only asked for fun and for opinions... What he said was something I never heard before...
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Even if I wore a potato sack- there would be a hugelump in the back! HA! My hubby prefers curvy. It personally makes me feel more "womanly"! If I lost my entire butt I think I'd be depressed! HA-- Toned and Curvy is the way to go! :)
  • rml_16
    Options

No not at all my boyfriend....and I only said it because he said curvy should not be at all ideal for the body type... So just looking to see other opinions.. Which I also said somewhere earlier..all types no matter what are cool but for what he said, I'm just saying you can't neglect curvy types too... You are who you are...that's all and I only asked for fun and for opinions... What he said was something I never heard before...

I think it's kind of silly that he thinks everyone should have the same ideal he does. That's very odd. I mean, unless you're naturally straight up and down, no matter how thin you are, you just never will be straight up and down.

It's OK if that's what he's attracted to, but to say others shouldn't be is a bit narcissistic. But I suppose that goes along with youth. :-)

I have an hourglass figure and I'm proud of it. I like my body shape and plenty of men over the years have agreed. I just won't try to date your friend. lol
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I will always be curvy, so I guess I can't do anything about it, lol
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Some people like extremely obese women.
    Some people like extremely thin women.
    Some people have a thing for big hips.
    Some people have a thing for boyish hips.
    Some people like large breasts.
    Some people only like small breasts.
    Some people want their baby with "back" and others couldn't care less.

One thing I can guarantee, whatever it is about yourself that you're self-conscious about, there are people out there who think that the way you are is the hottest thing on earth. So try to make your body into the type of body that YOU are happy with.

^this. you summed it up wonderfully.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    If you mean curvy like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS--8BUR3uRuYnMIovG98jYjnr8JDB12YGmDbgOnHsjs4Cqz8Gn

then no.

If you mean like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT60V_kr5HWxyzxuSBRz8_HP6iH-37_5G7eWrJrkFqEdIoMjgEo

then yes.

I find a lot of larger girls hide behind the term 'curvy' and say its sexy, how a woman should be, etc. Then say thinner girls have the body of a 10yr old boy.

Those 2 examples are probably how women see the term curvy, and how men see it.
  • rml_16
    Options
    If you mean curvy like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS--8BUR3uRuYnMIovG98jYjnr8JDB12YGmDbgOnHsjs4Cqz8Gn

then no.

If you mean like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT60V_kr5HWxyzxuSBRz8_HP6iH-37_5G7eWrJrkFqEdIoMjgEo

then yes.

I find a lot of larger girls hide behind the term 'curvy' and say its sexy, how a woman should be, etc. Then say thinner girls have the body of a 10yr old boy.

Those 2 examples are probably how women see the term curvy, and how men see it.

This is EXACTLY how I see it! It annoys me when I see women say, "I don't want to lose too much because I want to keep my curves."

In that case, you are overweight, you don't have curves. If you truly have curves, you'll have them no matter your weight. I think it's an excuse to not have to get to a healthy weight.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things about my boyfriend is that he thinks the Lane Bryant models on the commercials are stunning-- He knows that a real woman is the size God made her to be. If that's skinny, great. If it's curvy, great. He is all about a natural woman and that makes me so much more comfortable around him!