Oct Challenge Week 3

Options
Ok! Don't forget to weigh in. Either post it to the spreadsheet or message me!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqxTXEpIQxabdGR1U05jNGVkMTBLTi1kWmFvZk9RWEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

I am so proud of all of us!!! SO... let's bring it up a notch!!!

Week 3
1. 5 mile challenge. Do 5 miles of something… Hiking, walking, biking, elliptical, swimming. You can break it up if need be.
2. ALL Green numbers for the week!
3. Squat, squat, squat… do 75+ a day! We will have buns of steel!!!
4. Find a member of the group and reach out. You never know how bad things are and just 1 kind word can make all the difference.
5. Arm Curls. 20+ a day! Just hold soup cans if you don’t have weights. Arms at your sides, palms up, slowly bend elbow, and bring your hands up to your shoulders. I’m not a good explainer, so here’s a video, if you need it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PICcFhbKdAQ
6. Jumping Jacks or jog in place for 5 minutes a day!
7. Planks: 1-2 minutes a day! Get into push up position. Drop on your elbows palms on the floor. Hold it till you can’t no more!
8. Abs, Abs, Abs!!! Try to do something every day for those Abs! Sorry, I don’t have an example for you besides those stinking crunches…

5 miles might be a cake walk to some, but to others, 5 miles is a lot. If 5 miles is too easy for you, then push for 10, 20, 30!!! Oh the 5 miles are for the week, not each day. But if you want to do 5 a day go for it!!!

IF you are under calories, but over on sugar, or fat. Try to keep everything under. Watch that hidden salt!

From what I have read squats are the best for the legs and butt. Let’s get them done. You can do them in small amounts or all at once. If you are afraid of someone seeing you, or not enough time… here’s what I do… While I’m at work, I go to the potty as usual. Afterwards I do 10-15 squats, before leaving. Door is closed; no one knows what I’m doing. Hee hee!

Some of us lose our motivation for whatever reason. Sometimes we need a kick in the *kitten* but keep our troubles to ourselves. So, let’s show each other some love! A few nice words can mean everything when we least expect it. I love getting a surprise message from my friends here. Let’s pay it forward!

Arm curls, you can do 1 arm at a time or both. You can break them up if need be.
For the squats and arm curls, I added the + for the more fit people on here. You do not have to do more than the 75, and 20. I just feel that some people work out more and 75, and 20 maybe a cake walk for some of you all. I didn’t want to make it too hard for the beginners, and too easy for the old timers.

Your choice. Do jumping jacks or jog in place, or do both! For me jumping jacks….. um irritate my bladder, so I do the arm part, and jog my legs. I know, I am a cheater, but unless I wear… a pad, (sorry to much info for the guys), you get my drift. My friend can’t do jumping jacks, her boobs are too big and they hurt her. What I do is do them while something is cooking in the microwave. You got a timer, and something to do while you are cooking! PLUS you are boosting your metabolism right before you eat!

Sorry if it seems like I piled on the challenges this week. But some can be done a few times and that’s it. So, I thought everyone needed something extra this week!

Replies

• ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    super duper looking forward to this week,
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow by the end of this month we will be TONED!!!:smile:
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Great Challenges!!! Excited to start new week, unfortunately haven't done all that great this week. But week 3 Here I come!!! Good luck to everyone!!!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Love it....except for the green part :huh: I so love the challenges, it really keeps me motivated.
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the bladder thing, and I do like you...move my arms and jog my legs.
    I will try 5 miles on the elliptical. Except I just realized that I don't know what distance it measures in..I usually go for 20 minutes and it reads around 1,000. Feet? Meters? I will have to figure that out.
  • jcarmel
    jcarmel Posts: 30
    Options
    Wahoo, week three here we come!! Your trying to kill me this week though lol! Bring it on!
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The Challange just didn't happen for me last week. I was home, it was thanksgiving, bad times all around!!
    Sugar is going to be really hard for me to keep under, as well as protein and dietary fibre!! ( Although it's never bad to get more than the daily recommended intake of fibre!) but I'm ALWAYS watching those calories, sugars and fat!!
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    I am going to try harder with the challenges this week. Work has been too stressful and I have let it get me down. I am going to copy and paste the challenges and make myself a chart. I have got to get motivated!
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Oh man you are stepping it up this week - THANKS! =]]]

I'm so excited and only hope I don't disappoint you, the other challengers, and myself!
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah! This week is going to be awesome!
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've lost no weight at all..plateau I guess. But its really frustrating because I'm really working hard! Have started Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred, so I'll stick with that, don't think I'll get any extra squats or even moving done after that..but will try to cut out more on sugar this week! Good luck everybody!! :)
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bump
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I am going on 8 mile hike monday, but i won't sit the rest of the week. I need to move at least 4-5 times a week.

My friend I went on mini hike today with said she is going to help me stay on this….need all the help i can get!
  • dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Staying in the green and the planks will be the death of me this week... Lol. Looking forward to the challenge! :smile:
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I can't do that many squats because I do other leg based things and I just can't do anymore. I did about 40 today.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the bladder thing, and I do like you...move my arms and jog my legs.
    I will try 5 miles on the elliptical. Except I just realized that I don't know what distance it measures in..I usually go for 20 minutes and it reads around 1,000. Feet? Meters? I will have to figure that out.

Well, I can walk a 15-20 minute mile, depending on my speed, so maybe think on that 20 min/mile? Not sure cuz I don't have a elliptical.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I am going to try harder with the challenges this week. Work has been too stressful and I have let it get me down. I am going to copy and paste the challenges and make myself a chart. I have got to get motivated!

Make that chart! I have printed them out for me as well! You can do this!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Oh man you are stepping it up this week - THANKS! =]]]

I'm so excited and only hope I don't disappoint you, the other challengers, and myself!

You can't dissapoint us! We are in the same boat!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I've lost no weight at all..plateau I guess. But its really frustrating because I'm really working hard! Have started Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred, so I'll stick with that, don't think I'll get any extra squats or even moving done after that..but will try to cut out more on sugar this week! Good luck everybody!! :)

That's ok! It seemed like some of us needed a boost, so I made it a bit harder. So work it You can do this!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I am going on 8 mile hike monday, but i won't sit the rest of the week. I need to move at least 4-5 times a week.

My friend I went on mini hike today with said she is going to help me stay on this….need all the help i can get!

If she is on MFP bring her in! If not challenge her to do this with you! Make her a copy, and say I bet you can't do this! I am!!!