Oct Challenge Week 3

Options

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I can't do that many squats because I do other leg based things and I just can't do anymore. I did about 40 today.

It's ok! just shoot for 10 a day then! As long as you are doing something for legs, you are all good!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Morning All!

It's been busy over the past week for me.... so I haven't been on MFP much. I did manage the challenges last week, and for my new recipe I tried scrambled egg whites with spinach, fresh chopped mushrooms, onion and a bit of cheese. It was YUMMY!
    As for my weigh-in, I am at 180 this morning... Up 2.6lbs from last week. I am blaming TOM, who I am currently dealing with (Ugh, I know...) So I'm shooting for mega-loss this week. Looking forward to the challenges this week, I love that things are getting tougher; that is what motivates me to push the hardest.
    as for this:
    "From what I have read squats are the best for the legs and butt. Let’s get them done. You can do them in small amounts or all at once. If you are afraid of someone seeing you, or not enough time… here’s what I do… While I’m at work, I go to the potty as usual. Afterwards I do 10-15 squats, before leaving. Door is closed; no one knows what I’m doing. Hee hee!"

I DO THE EXACT SAME THING!! I also do dips using the sink counter.... hahahahaha :) Happy Friday all!
  • amitcham4
    amitcham4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Week 3--here I come! I didn't lose any weight this last week but I know why and I am up 1.2 pounds--darn lower sodium fritos! You are not allowed in my house any longer! Since I do the grocery shopping that should be easy, right?!

I am back on track and I love the challenges! Got 30 minutes of cardio in this morning and going to really work hard this weekend since I trainwrecked last weekend. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • wifewith2boys
    Options
    I lost half a pound this week. I didn't stick to the fast food challenge. My youngest son ended up in the hospital on Tuesday with possible appendicitis. Ended up just being a virus but we were there all day Wed. I always park far away from the building I work in and usually bring my lunch. Didn't get any exercise in unless I count all the pacing I did while waiting for the doctor. I will try harder this week!
  • Akemy_M
    Akemy_M Posts: 11
    Options
    Great things to be done this week!! I Loved!!!

A lot of work a head!
    This week I'm taking the running trainning slow at least intul sunday , when is going to happen my firts race ever (6k). I'm so scared about the race!!

Let's have a great week guys!!
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Down one this week!! It's actually a miracle, I totally thought that I was going to be up a pound!! :)
  • mega7997
    mega7997 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so swift this past week. No excuses. Just need to step it up in week three! As Dory says in Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Swimming, swimming...."
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Lost 2.2! Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this group. It has really inspired me to have the courage to reach my goals. I am currently dealing with a lot of personal stuff. My ex fiance is being charged with assault and battery and I have a restraining order to keep him from hurting me and to stay away from our kids. But I still get scared, and that is part of why I want to get stronger and healthier. I don't want to be helpless and weak ever again.

This weight loss journey has helped keep my mind off of the bad and helped me stay positive. And this group helps me stay focused. So thanks!!!! Sorry for the sob story...lol.
  • dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Only lost .5 lbs, but I'm not surprised considering I only got one real workout in... On to the next week!

Has anyone on here done couch to 5k, yet? I've always walked 5ks with friends and family but am thinking of trying to run one for real in February. I know a lot of people on MFP have had success, but I'm still kind of worried about how hard it's going to be on my knees and shins. I've always stuck to low impact because of my fibromyalgia. I'm hoping that maybe now that I've lost a bunch of weight I may be okay...
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    HAPPY WEEK 3 CHALLENGE FAMILY!:flowerforyou:

Jenn, Thank you once again for starting this thread!

This was an emotionally challenging week for me...working through it with the help of everyone.
    Usually I'm a stress eater, but this stressor left me with no appetite.
    Anyway, enough about me........

Looks like Jenn is really setting the bar high for this weeks challenges

ROCK IT! We've got to move it - move it!:happy:

Don't forget to wear pink this month for breast cancer awareness! :heart:
    Have you had YOUR mammogram? Doing YOUR self exams? Did you know your
    partner is the most likely to find abnormalities in your breasts? :love:

Have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!

Pam:flowerforyou:

Oh, down to 186.6 this morning (I told you, stress/no eating, not healthy, but working on it)
  • Jrisl86
    Jrisl86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    woohoo I'm excited for this one. Im needing to up it in exercise!! 75 squats a day is alot though, I'll prob need to work my way up to that number if i want to walk the next day lol. Can I do lunges instead to? Sometimes i like those better. Good luck everyone!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound this week because i did good on exercise but got lax on food not every night but enough. I will do better this week.

Jenn, my friend is my skinny friend who is not online except to check email and wouldn't join this, but thanks for the idea! At least she says she will help push me to lose the weight and stay on track.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Great challenges, I will do the squats one. Everything else is part of my Turbo Fire workout. Have a great week everyone
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have done terribly on calorie intake this past week, but I did get three workouts in last week which is where I am always lacking. I was very tempted to eat lunch out a few times this week, but I didn't! I did end up eating out twice for dinner though..one for my anniversary though and another because I didn't get to eat dinner til late.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    After my trip to New Orleans last week that added 4lbs back...I am slowly coming back down. Woohoo! Just 2.4lbs til my low from when I started our group! Hey, as long as I am lower at the end of October, I'm cool.

I'm excited, but terrified about this week's challenge! I haven't delved into strengh exercises yet, so this will be good for me! Love you guys!!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I gained when i went to new orleans last year too, their food is sooo good!

My lower back started hurting in gym class today, it is still hurting off and on, i am going to rest it the rest of the day. I am bummed because i want to really push more exercise, but afraid to hurt back.

i had operation on my lower back ten years ago, ever since i tend to baby it when i feel pain.
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Lost 2.2! Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this group. It has really inspired me to have the courage to reach my goals. I am currently dealing with a lot of personal stuff. My ex fiance is being charged with assault and battery and I have a restraining order to keep him from hurting me and to stay away from our kids. But I still get scared, and that is part of why I want to get stronger and healthier. I don't want to be helpless and weak ever again.

This weight loss journey has helped keep my mind off of the bad and helped me stay positive. And this group helps me stay focused. So thanks!!!! Sorry for the sob story...lol.

I completely understand. Everything was finalized in court against my daughters father this past June. You are doing great both for yourself and your kids. Keep your head up and stay strong. Your inner strength is already showing in the steps you have taken.:flowerforyou:
  • brmonet
    brmonet Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So i gained 2 lbs which I understand considering I just havent been with it. Ive been studying for my midterms and tonight Im pulling an all nighter for a paper that is due by sunday and continue studying for two other classes. This weeks challenges Im really going to push for because even though im in school, I know i can do it. I love the idea of doing squats in the bathroom at work. Im definitely going to try that since I work also. Hopeing to see progress this week because gaining more weight isn't an option. Hope everyone has a good week. Stay positive =)
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Only lost .5 lbs, but I'm not surprised considering I only got one real workout in... On to the next week!

Has anyone on here done couch to 5k, yet? I've always walked 5ks with friends and family but am thinking of trying to run one for real in February. I know a lot of people on MFP have had success, but I'm still kind of worried about how hard it's going to be on my knees and shins. I've always stuck to low impact because of my fibromyalgia. I'm hoping that maybe now that I've lost a bunch of weight I may be okay...
    I'm sure you have seen the issue I'm having with my shin. I'm on the end of week 2. I recommend & wish some one had to me. Before starting do lots of leg exercises ie. Calf raises, toe points, ect and lot of stretching.
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    I am going to try harder with the challenges this week. Work has been too stressful and I have let it get me down. I am going to copy and paste the challenges and make myself a chart. I have got to get motivated!

Good Job Pam, we can do it!