Oct Challenge Week 3

Options

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Jenn..I blame you!!:ohwell: After doing squats...I can no longer walk up the stairs at work, having to use
    the elevator to get up the stairs to the station gym! !:tongue:

Hope everyone is on track and being true to themselves!

Pam:flowerforyou:

Good! I have big shoulders! HAHA!!! :tongue:
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Happy Sunday to everyone, hope its a wonderful and blessed day!

Here are some alternatives to the usual Ab exercises. These can be done standing, and are especially great for those of us that work outside the home and try to sneak in exercise where we can!!! I will include the link to this article also if you want to see pics of how the exercises are done.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/standing-ab-workout

Canoe- Stand with your feet 3 feet apart, knees slightly bent, and hands clasped. Keeping your hips still, bring your hands down to your left hip, "paddling" backward. Next, raise your hands up to chest level, and then paddle them to the right hip. Do 10 alternating reps for each side. If it's too easy, hold a 2- to 5-pound dumbbell in each hand.

Knee Cross Crunch- Stand with your shoulders in line with your hips, and extend your right arm up and your left leg to the side, toes pointed. Next, lower your right elbow and raise your left knee, crunching them together on a diagonal line. Return to start.

Double Arm Reach- Stand with your feet 3 feet apart and hands clasped. Contract your abs and perform a plie keeping your hands toward the floor. As you push up, raise your arms to the right. Next, lower your hands with another plie and then lift them to the left. Too easy? Hold a 2- to 5-pound dumbbell in each hand.

Side Imprint- Stand with your shoulders in line with your hips and raise your right arm. Shift onto your left leg and rotate your right leg at the hip, turning your toes out. Crunch your right elbow and right knee together, pinching your waist. Return to start.

Woo Hoo! Thanks for the site. Just talking through them, I am so lost! LOL This is why I love us!!! We are so helpful to each other! I don't want to see this group end!!!
  • sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Last week was rough--I moved across the country and had to eat out every meal for the 4-day drive. I'm actually pleased that I only put on 2 pounds. But I'm excited for this weeks challenge. We moved to Colorado and there are so many beautiful places to hike and go for walks that I think the 5 miles will be a breeze. I've already hiked/walked about 3. Here's to a better week!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Muscle strain is worse so i am resting today and not hiking tomorrow. My goal is to eat less today to make up for no exercise. Please please please be strong marla!!!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well, I have failed today. I woke up with a sore throat and my chest feels like there is glass in it when I cough. I had high hopes for today and did nothing but 2 curls, 25 squats, and some laundry. We did carve pumpkins with the kids, and it wiped me out. I pray this is a 24 hour thing. My hubby had been battling a chest thing for over a week. I can not afford to be down that long!

BE Strong Marla!!!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well, I have failed today. I woke up with a sore throat and my chest feels like there is glass in it when I cough. I had high hopes for today and did nothing but 2 curls, 25 squats, and some laundry. We did carve pumpkins with the kids, and it wiped me out. I pray this is a 24 hour thing. My hubby had been battling a chest thing for over a week. I can not afford to be down that long!

BE Strong Marla!!!

Awww Jenn :frown:

Don't push it....feel better soon. Zicam, zinc and Mucinex D...not that you don't already know
    all of that!:tongue:

• jennmoore3
    Options

BE Strong Marla!!!

Awww Jenn :frown:

Don't push it....feel better soon. Zicam, zinc and Mucinex D...not that you don't already know
    all of that!:tongue:

Actually, I got it all already. LOL But this morning I am feeling a bit better. Weird! So I will take my Zicam to work with me and keep it up!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Monday quote!!!

Being defeated is temporary, giving up makes it permanent.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well so far, I have done the squats and arms every day. I am at 2.5 miles for the week. I did planks on Saturday and Friday. I jogged for 5 minutes everyday but sunday. Sunday I did 30 seconds before a coughing fit. Those planks are a killer!
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm down with the flu bug I'll try to catch up on the workouts when I've recovered! Nice challenges this week Jen!

i hope you feel better. its hard to be sick when you are in such a routine of working out etc. take care!
  • Caz2678
    Caz2678 Posts: 49
    Options
    I am defo on it this week :)

Done my 75 squats and calf raises so far today!

Need to get on the treadmill cos its raining so hard today! :(

Everyone is doing so well!
    x
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Happy Healthy Monday Challengers!:flowerforyou:

For those that are under the weather, hope you feel better today.:heart:

How is everyone doing with Jenn's psychotic :tongue: challenge list?
    I've done my squats, but that's about it. Today is my Friday so will work
    on some of the other 'tortures' she has listed in the next few days.:tongue:

• anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I ended up printing out the week 3 challenge and keep a copy at my desk and one at home so I could remember everything. Squats done. Jogging in place done. Situps will happen tonight after work. Arm curls later this afternoon. Walking will come in to play tomorrow. High wind warnings today.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    1. 5 mile challenge. (2.25 done)
    2. ALL Green numbers for the week! (yesterday I had a b-day party and didnt do so well cal-40 carb -10 Sodium -146. Today is a better day looks like I'll be all green)
    3. Squat, squat, squat… do 75+ a day! We will have buns of steel!!! (75 + the ones on my workout dvd)
    4. Find a member of the group and reach out. You never know how bad things are and just 1 kind word can make all the difference.
    5. Arm Curls. 20+ a day! ( 75 bicep curls)
    6. Jumping Jacks or jog in place for 5 minutes a day! (Jog in place plus Leslie Sansone walk kick dvd)
    7. Planks: 1-2 minutes a day! ( Ugh I can't seem to get past 1 min. I make a min then collapse lol)
    8. Abs, Abs, Abs!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ULcPow-u4&noredirect=1 plus hollow man, v crunch)

I hope you all are doing well this week. I'm feeling sick as a dog. I'm going to keep pushing though. I told my friend as long as I did something its better then having just laid there and not tried.
    Enjoy your weekend fiftyandfit.
    anacsitham5 sounds like you are on a roll.
    Caz2678 keep up the great work
    Jenn Feel better soon
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well, I feel 100% better but not I think I got a UTI. Not a clue how because I drink enough water every day! If I don't I get a headache! WEIRD!!! Today I went to boot camp 45 min early. I walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes! SO... a total of 54 minutes at the gym! The longest I have ever been there! That is huge for me! Usually I go 30 minutes give or take 5 minutes.

My legs are shaky, It hurt to stand and try to do the dishes, so they will sit till morning. LOL I felt so good walking by myself, it is amazing!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL! What shall we do for next week?!?!? should I keep some of the same stuff, any ideas???
  • holly_v
    Options
    Well, I feel 100% better but not I think I got a UTI. Not a clue how because I drink enough water every day! If I don't I get a headache! WEIRD!!! Today I went to boot camp 45 min early. I walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes! SO... a total of 54 minutes at the gym! The longest I have ever been there! That is huge for me! Usually I go 30 minutes give or take 5 minutes.

My legs are shaky, It hurt to stand and try to do the dishes, so they will sit till morning. LOL I felt so good walking by myself, it is amazing!

way to go jenn, will you continue the 54 minutes at the gym? it was easy wasnt it? :smile:

i hope you can walk today!
  • holly_v
    Options
    Last week was rough--I moved across the country and had to eat out every meal for the 4-day drive. I'm actually pleased that I only put on 2 pounds. But I'm excited for this weeks challenge. We moved to Colorado and there are so many beautiful places to hike and go for walks that I think the 5 miles will be a breeze. I've already hiked/walked about 3. Here's to a better week!

i hope your move went smoothly! i have never been to colorado but i hear its beautiful
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    A few red numbers for me yesterday, but I will make up for them today. I was "forced" to go to a three course dinner and wine party last evening. The food was fabulous, the wine's okay, and the entertainment, a magician of all things, was really entertaining (much to my surprise). I hope to catch up on all your posts today or tomorrow. I have been unable to be near my computer for a while.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options

That's awesome! You really have dedications to get in a 25 min walk before bootcamp! That's an inspiration to me!