For All You Smokers That Want To Quit FOR GOOD! READ THIS!

Options

Replies

• LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    If you want to quit, you should read Allan Carr's Easy Way To Quit Smoking. I have yet to finish the last chapter because I know I'll quit when I'm done. That man is brilliant.

You have yet to finish the last chapter because you know you'll quit? So your putting off finishing the book in order to not have to quit yet? That pretty much defeats the purpose of reading it... and it shows that it isn't really that affective if all you have to do is just not finish it. Not that I am promoting smoking or trying to be mean. I have always been skeptical of those kind of books in the first place and the way you phrased that makes me think : well if he's convinced you that you will quit by the end of the book yet he can't convince you to actually have the will power to finish the book (i.e. quit smoking) then it doesn't really work. If the book doesn't give you the will power to quit, what's the point?
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    /bump
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of people who i want to quit smoking so im bumping this to keep it!
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great Post!! I was wrong in another post where I said it's been almost 12 years, I just used a date calculator (I can't count apparently LOL) and found it's been... Drumroll Please LOL!

12 years, 10 months, 22 days
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    If you want to quit, you should read Allan Carr's Easy Way To Quit Smoking. I have yet to finish the last chapter because I know I'll quit when I'm done. That man is brilliant.

You have yet to finish the last chapter because you know you'll quit? So your putting off finishing the book in order to not have to quit yet? That pretty much defeats the purpose of reading it... and it shows that it isn't really that affective if all you have to do is just not finish it. Not that I am promoting smoking or trying to be mean. I have always been skeptical of those kind of books in the first place and the way you phrased that makes me think : well if he's convinced you that you will quit by the end of the book yet he can't convince you to actually have the will power to finish the book (i.e. quit smoking) then it doesn't really work. If the book doesn't give you the will power to quit, what's the point?

Actually it's a very good book and I quit as a result. I know many others who it has worked for too. Look, it's not a magic bullet, all it does is deprogram your attitude toward smoking.. eg Carr would say that willpower IS NOT required to quit smoking, because smoking isn't actually enjoyable at all nor relaxing, and that you should think about stopping smoking as a blessing not some big uphill battle that you need to fight every day to get over. The harder you think giving up smoking is, the harder it will be. eg. it's the EASY way to stop smoking.
  • TNoire
    Options
    /bump
  • TNoire
    Options
    Great Post!! I was wrong in another post where I said it's been almost 12 years, I just used a date calculator (I can't count apparently LOL) and found it's been... Drumroll Please LOL!

12 years, 10 months, 22 days

awesome it will be my 13 year mark next jan =)
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    OP, why do you keep bumping?

I am not ready to quit yet, but am hoping in the next few months I will be, and I will be getting that book you all rave about! I have no will power lol so I need something to make me believe I can quit :drinker:
  • Halfangel
    Halfangel Posts: 49
    Options
    bump
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. To be honest I'm dreading of weight gain which is why up to now I can't quit smoking although nowadays I smoke only 1-2 cigarettes a day down from 1/2 pack a day. Nicotine also boost our metabolism a bit too & which is why when you quit smoking, you will gain weight despite doing the same diet & exercise routine.

How can you totally avoid weight gain when quitting? Is green tea or moving more will suffice? I want to quit smoking but I don't like the weight gain side effect.
  • TNoire
    Options
    Actually Vit C is pretty good as Ive mentioned my hubby gained a little weight with his quit smoking routine hes been smoke free for almost 4yrs, your gonna gain some weight but don't get discouraged, one step at a time =)
  • TNoire
    Options
    OP, why do you keep bumping?

I am not ready to quit yet, but am hoping in the next few months I will be, and I will be getting that book you all rave about! I have no will power lol so I need something to make me believe I can quit :drinker:

because I had a friend who was looking for this post and couldn't find it
    PLUS
    I see so many posts on quitting smoking
    I took the time to write this Id like to help others that are willing to get the train going =)
    its great support for those who are ready to get started !

why else would I bump =D

/bump bump!
  • TNoire
    Options
    Remember you can do it =D
  • BeckysMama
    BeckysMama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    .....or you could just read Alan Carrs book - how to stop smoking permanently. I had smoked for 30 years, read the book and then just stopped. Never had the desire to smoke since, and my husband who was also a heavy smoker and had smoked for longer than me recently read the same book and stopped too. He has been nicotine free for 4 months and i know he will never smokeagain after reading the book. Itsmuch easier than you may think, so dont overcomplicate things by setting up a new regime that you wont stick to, jst read thebook and it will happen.
  • TNoire
    Options
    Everyones diff and it just takes time =)
  • TNoire
    Options
    /bump
  • TNoire
    Options
    /bump
  • TNoire
    Options
    I posted this ages ago, im back on MFP now, thought I give it a bump since its good infos, plus I am now 15.5 years smoke free! :)
  • TNoire
    Options
    /bump
  • VictoriaHazelwood
    VictoriaHazelwood Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking before I joined mfp and got serious about my health and fitness. The thing that helped me the most was exercise!!!