Leaving a 4 month old alone to go jog?

Options

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing she wrote in anonymously. I'm sure there are several people that would hunt her down.

I AM a mom - I have 4 kids and the ONLY time any of them have ever been left alone is if I had to walk to the mailbox in my front yard with my baby monitor attached to my hip.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I was always under the impression that you are not supposed to leave children under the age of 10 YEARS old home alone.

I am unsure of the actual legal requirements though.
  • FitHitTheShan80
    Options
    Mine are 9 and 6 and I don't even leave them alone for a few minutes...you just never know what will happen...that's just crrrrazy!!!
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Completely not logical!!! Your desire to workout should never endanger your child. There are so many alternatives to leaving your child unattended.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    There are some people who just shouldn't be parents.

that^^
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    WTH?????????? People like that should need to get a license to reproduce! I guess there are idiots everywhere. SMH
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    definately not okay.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I prefer to drop the kids off at the pool before a jog.
  • Skittlebrew
    Options
    I'd just duct tape to turd to my back and count the extra weight as an exercise aid.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Damn right, she doesn't tell anyone! Poor kid...
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Plain wrong.....you know it's ridiculous that in order to drive, you have to take classes, practice and then pass a tes. But, anyone can have children....some should not be allowed to reproduce!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is bad form. I agree with the article. Not only could something happen to the child, but something could happen to the mother while she is away from the child.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yikes, not a parent either, but still couldn't even fathom a situation important enough to warrant leaving a child alone like that.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Well, it isn't like a 4 month old can into any mischief. They can't walk, can't talk and won't remember it happening so will never, ever tell.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Also the fact that she does not tell anyone proves she KNOWS it is WRONG.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wrong... That upsets me greatly. I'm a man and it upsets me. This chick doesn't deserve to have a child.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Don't even have to look to say i hope they took the child away.
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    wayy too many risk factors involved. that's dangerous
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!! Get a damn treadmill!!!!!

really!!! I wont leave my almost 3 year old alone to workout in the basement and our gym is right under her room.it scares me too much