Leaving a 4 month old alone to go jog?

Options

Replies

• JustSheri
    Options
    [This is that I was going to say. i have a 5 and 4 year old and I would never, ever, ever leave to to exercise.
    I freak out leaving my 9 yr old alone, and I'm just going around the block!
    [/quote]
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Well, it isn't like a 4 month old can into any mischief. They can't walk, can't talk and won't remember it happening so will never, ever tell.

It also can't leave if a fire or something happens, if someone breaks in it can't run or defend itself. If the mom drops dead from a heart attack or get hits by a car it can't call someone or get itself food.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    She doesn't "tell anyone" because she knows she's a negligent *kitten*. Unf'ingbelievable how someone would even consider it much less do it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Well, it isn't like a 4 month old can into any mischief. They can't walk, can't talk and won't remember it happening so will never, ever tell.

It also can't leave if a fire or something happens, if someone breaks in it can't run or defend itself. If the mom drops dead from a heart attack or get hits by a car it can't call someone or get itself food.

It's inspiring that this woman is willing to make such sacrifices for fitness.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

Pretty sure that was this new thing called sarcasm.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

It's inspiring that this woman is willing to make such sacrifices for fitness.
    Commendable I'd say! :drinker:
  • jernigan51
    Options
    I don't even let my almost 4 year old play in the yard without getting nervous!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I was nervous to leave my kid alone long enough to go take a crap. Good grief.
  • foraMEthatiLOVE
    Options
    She needs some mental work, not body work!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I would never ever!! Thats why they invented strollers, you can walk, run & jogg behind them how ever fast or slow the pace!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Damn that pesky bear...
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    You have GOT to be kidding me!!!! This "mother" should not be allowed to have children..... period. Good thing it was anonymous or I'd be calling some authority to have her arrested for child endangerment or something. Unbelievable!!!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    That is just down right irresponsible and selfish parenting and don't forget NEGLET and CHILD ENDANGERMENT... she obviously know this is wrong otherwise she wouldn't keep it secret and hide her identity.. I hope she gets caught and gets turned in to child protective services!!!
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, why not. If the kid sleeps through it, go for it.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That is so dangerous, there are just way too many things that could go wrong! And to not let anyone know her baby is in there alone! If she doesn't have a trusted neighbor or someone who could at least sit on her porch or something for a few minutes then she should wait until the baby is awake and invest in a jogging stroller or something. That's just scary!
  • yevasdottir
    yevasdottir Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have to be an anonymous parent. There's a father in our sports' club who is a one-day-a-week househusband (his wife works four days a week outside the home) and we KNOW that, when said father gets cabin-fever - that one day a week stress! - he leaves the three-year-old asleep and goes out for a training run.

Should we do ANYTHING about this?
  • FitHitTheShan80
    Options
    Also the fact that she does not tell anyone proves she KNOWS it is WRONG.

EXACTLY!!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    OMG REALLY?!?!?

See why I say some people should not be able to reproduce.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    the law on this is a bit screwed, there is no law against leaving a child alone but there is a law stating that you cannot leave a child alone if there is at risk of harm either from themselves or outside influence.

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/help-and-advice/for-parents-and-carers/positive-parenting/leaving-children-home-alone/leaving-children-home-alone_wda72908.html

that said, a 4 month old baby is a risk from even being asleep, cot death or choking are only 2 very possible scenarios.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Shameful, how does a person do that?!? I've heard way too many stories where I live about parents just "going out for a little" and all their 6 children ages 3 weeks - 9 years die in a house fire. How do you stand taking that kind of chance?