Oklahoma Common room

Options
Hey fellow Okies. Is anyone interested in having a room where all of us can come to gather? It would be nice to see what other MFP Okies had to say. We could share ideas on restaurants, places to work out, events, attractions, etc. And people from different parts of the state could probably find new friends right acroos town or down the street. No real structure in mind, just a place for all of us to make some new friends and get to know each other.
I moved here in 1997 but still don't know a whole lot about what the area has to offer because I don't get out much except for work, etc. Just seeing if there was any interest. Hope there is. I have several MFP friends from the area and could always use more. Have a great day!!

Troy

Replies

• shaundam
    shaundam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've had a hard time even finding friends on mfp that live close by so it would be a great idea I think

Near Tulsa here
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in hearing about great places to eat, visit, spend the day in my area. I live in the Tulsa area.
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! I moved down here in 2006 and am still learning about the state. I really love the people in the state. Feel free to add me if you would like. I live in Shawnee.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, that would depend. Would you be a *cough* Sooner Fan, or Bleed Orange like me???
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    Great Idea! I moved down here in 2006 and am still learning about the state. I really love the people in the state. Feel free to add me if you would like. I live in Shawnee.

I went to school at OBU for my first two years of college. :)
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, that would depend. Would you be a *cough* Sooner Fan, or Bleed Orange like me???

I am from Illinois originally so I am not a die hard fan for either team but I live in the OKC metro and root for the Sooners mainly because of proximity.
  • OKmac3
    Options

How about a college sports fan but do have some favorites??
  • OKmac3
    Options
    But I have always worn the colors that I feel I bleed, even when I lived in Nebraska and South Dakota....BOOMER SOONER
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hiya! (Wait - I said that wrong!)...

What's up y'all??

South side of OKC in Moore. Also - checked out your profile Troy... I was also a music performance major - vocal.

Nice to meet you!

Hello T-town folk!!

Feel free to add me!

(Edited to add... BOOMER! Though I will root for OSU when they are not playing OU. :bigsmile: )
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    coolchicksshirt-1-1.jpg
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    OKC mid-town here and I think it would be cool to here from others that are around me. Has anyone been brave enough to try out the new Whole Foods? The parking lot has been crazy enough for me to stay away.

and since we seem to be adding our school allegiance here too..... Go Pokes!
  • bmcconn19
    Options
    My husband and I are both on here. We are in the Tulsa/Owasso area. Moved here 4 years ago and still learning about new places.
  • Troy67
    Options
    I know there are a few MFP friends that if they were in the region I wouldn't mind meeting for lunch once per month or something. I know all the years I was really heavy turned me into a major introvert and it would have been nice to get together with like minded people. I have a really cool MFP friend up in ElReno who has suggested having lunch. Just have to coordinate work schedules, etc.
    Little things like that just make you feel so appreciated for who you are, not what you look like, etc. Some great people on this whole site.
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    Just stalked your profile Troy. I was born at Integris in OKC. :)
  • Troy67
    Options
    Just stalked your profile Troy. I was born at Integris in OKC. :)

Cool! I love working here. Great people and great benefits. Patients are always asking why I seem happy since I am stuck here everyday like they are. I say because I am getting paid to be here and you're not. LOL
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    I like how you glossed over the stalking part. <whew>
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options

:devil: Baaaaaahahahaaaa - he's not even paying attention over here. Check out my post - I admit to checking out the profile - but not stalking.

Oh wait, dangit, did I just type this out loud??? :noway:

(Don't worry people... I am joking around... I need to add a disclaimer to my sig... I am a smarty pants 98% of the time.)
  • Troy67
    Options

No just not mentioning it so when you get served with the restraining order, it will be a surprise. LOL
  • StacyFrisbie
    StacyFrisbie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Live in Broken Arrow :-). I grew up in Tulsa, lived in Dallas and Missouri for a while, so I know quite a few places that are great, unfortunately that's why I'm on MFP :-)
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Eastern Oklahoma County over here. :happy: