Oklahoma Common room

Options

Replies

• HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello Troy.....I am glad you opened this thread. Your my only Oklahoma friend so far, but I am happy to see that there are more of us out there. Hello to everyone.
    Great Idea !!!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hello Troy.....I am glad you opened this thread. Your my only Oklahoma friend so far, but I am happy to see that there are more of us out there. Hello to everyone.
    Great Idea !!!

Yes there are a ton of them if only they think to search they will find this room. Just got home from going to see The Thing at Tinseltown. It was good. It is a prequel to the 1984 version. The very last scene is the same as the first scene of the '84 movie. The guy in the helicopter shooting at the dog. I remember in the older version saying why the heck are they shooting at this dog. LOL
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like how you glossed over the stalking part. <whew>

No just not mentioning it so when you get served with the restraining order, it will be a surprise. LOL
    Stalking is an art, and I'm quite the artist. :-P
  • Troy67
    Options
    Went to a new restaurant in Yukon. It is called Hensley's TOP Shelf. Great food. Prices not too bad. My brother's meal was blackened chicken fettuccine, with jumbo shrimp and added a house salad for a total of $24.00. Mine was only $14.00 as I just ordered a nice salad with hand breaded chicken on top and a bowl of black bean soup (which was great). The salad was delicious as they had jalapeno-ranch dressing (Yummy).
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Tahlequah chick here!!! Yay Oklahoma!! BOOMER!
  • Troy67
    Options
    Tahlequah chick here!!! Yay Oklahoma!! BOOMER!

I knew they were going to win but it was too close at halftime. I wanted to blow them out as the first BCS standings will be released tomorrow evening. Thank goodness the idiot AP poll isn't included in the BCS ranking system. I say if you are ranked #1, you shouldn't go down unless you lose. So hopefully we will be officially #1 this time tomorrow!! OSU will be higher as well!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    <- Not an Okie, but I live nearby in Wichita!
  • Troy67
    Options
    Just drove through there a couple of weeks ago when I drove home to Illinois to see family. I always stop halfway in Owasso. I like to drive 5 hours and relax at the hotel then drive 5 the next morning. Getting too old to drive 10 hours straight. LOL
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Not an Okie, but have realatives out there, would love to move out that way.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I moved to Edmond 2 years ago from Upstate NY. My family and I love it here! I even have my niece here from Chicago attending UCO as a freshman this Fall. Some of my favorite places to eat healthy food are:

BJ's - they have a fantastic under 575 calorie menu
    Cimarron's - You can't beat the price! Steak, green beans & salad are my go to choices
    Charleston's - has a fantastic salmon caesar salad

I would like to know if anyone will be running in any upcoming 5K races? It would be nice to see a buddy at the race. I ran in the YWCA run on April 26th. Next year, I would like to run in 4 races.

Please feel free to friend me or email me.
  • Troy67
    Options
    Moved here in 1997 after growing up in Illinois. I love it here. Except for the 50 days over 100 degrees in the summer. lol
  • Troy67
    Options
    I moved to Edmond 2 years ago from Upstate NY. My family and I love it here! I even have my niece here from Chicago attending UCO as a freshman this Fall. Some of my favorite places to eat healthy food are:

BJ's - they have a fantastic under 575 calorie menu
    Cimarron's - You can't beat the price! Steak, green beans & salad are my go to choices
    Charleston's - has a fantastic salmon caesar salad

I would like to know if anyone will be running in any upcoming 5K races? It would be nice to see a buddy at the race. I ran in the YWCA run on April 26th. Next year, I would like to run in 4 races.

Please feel free to friend me or email me.

It's been awhile, but I have had quite a few steaks at Cimarron's. The price is great too. I haven't tried BJ's yet. Sounds like a great place to go. Thanks for the great suggestions.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi, there! Tulsan, non sports fan (GASP!!), whatsup?
  • Troy67
    Options
    Just winding down. Back to work tomorrow. I get to Tulsa occasionally. Like to go to musicals and Broadway shows, etc when they come to town, but don't make it to OKC. Sometimes my employer will send us there for seminars, meetings, etc. Nice town. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend.

Troy
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    Found out this past weekend that they allow dogs at Bass Pro. So me and the mutt did some walking around in there for a bit, he was quite entertaining at the fish tanks! Went moseying through the clothes section and decided I needed some new jeans. The ones I was wearing I kept having to hitch up. So after trying on clothes with my 70# mutt in the dressing room with me :laugh: I walked out of there with a pair of jeans two sizes smaller than what I walked in with. It was a good day!

Anyone going to Octoberfest in Tulsa this weekend? We will probably be there on Sunday again with the pooch.
  • Troy67
    Options
    Great job Susie!!
  • Troy67
    Options
    Has anyone been to any of the haunted houses for Halloween? Some of us from work are going to go to the Ultimate Terrors that used to be JC Pennys at Crossroads Mall here in OKC metro. Looks great.
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    Not in OKC. Been to the Nightmare in Tulsa with my niece a couple years back. Very scary.
  • Troy67
    Options
    Went to the haunted house at Crossroads Mall. Pretty good. It was $20.00 to see all three, but worth it.
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If any of y'all are looking for a fun Halloween thing, I'm playing in a live version of Rocky Horror! It'll be in Muskogee at the Roxy theatre Oct 25 through the 31st! Gonna be a killer show with a full band and foley! Tickets @ protix.com, Reasors, and at the door as well!!!!