Women: How long did it take you to lose 30 pounds?

Options

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    It took me almost exactly four months to lose 30. I started at 180lbs.
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started at the end of April this year at 173 lbs and managed to shed 27lbs in 6 months. I stuck to my daily calorie deficit (eating back exercise calories) and did 2 hours of walking to and from work most days plus I hit the gym 3 times a week (mainly for weight training plus a bit of spin).

The only catch is I've got 7 more pounds to go and I'm pretty much stuck now!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in February and have lost 28 pounds to date. This includes a 2 month long plateau and a second plateau that I am now in (can't lose those last 2 pounds).
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in February and have lost 28 pounds to date. This includes a 2 month long plateau and a second plateau that I am now in (can't lose those last 2 pounds).

Wow! A two month plateau? I'm almost at 2 months :(
  • nuvolarosa
    Options
    Doing it gradually on and off.. about 3 years :-)
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    9 months
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    5 months and I've been halfazzing it for much of that time.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Not a lady, but it took me about 2 and a half months, maybe three. Can't exactly remember. I kept my calorie intake at about 1200 a day, and did 30 minutes of cardio every day. I weighted in officially every week so that I ensured that I lost around 2 lbs each week. If I didn't, then that would tell me that I needed to switch things up or intensify workouts or perhaps eat more.
  • mznisaelaine
    Options
    Not a lady, but it took me about 2 and a half months, maybe three. Can't exactly remember. I kept my calorie intake at about 1200 a day, and did 30 minutes of cardio every day. I weighted in officially every week so that I ensured that I lost around 2 lbs each week. If I didn't, then that would tell me that I needed to switch things up or intensify workouts or perhaps eat more.

It's pretty much the norm, that I do. Eat at 1200 or less (I try to eat all) and I do about 30-45 sometimes an hour of cardio/strength training interval every day. I only weigh myself once a month (at least offically record it) and take my measurements, so I can see a big lost rather than small gradual losts. I like your plan though, us women just lose weight differently.
  • srandle175
    Options
    I started August 22 and have lost 27 pounds as of today. But I have a lot to lose. Good luck!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    It took me a little over 2 months to lose the FIRST 30 pounds, but that was only a little chunk of the total I had to lose. The last 30 pounds took closer to 4 months.
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The end of July to now - down 23 pounds. Hoping to make 30 in the next month or so. Doing lots of Zumba and other classes at my local gym and proportion eating which I really never did before.
  • vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Took me a litle over 4 mos. to lose 36 lbs.
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I started June and am sure I will be 30 pounds total loss when I weigh in tomorrow :)

Way to Go!!
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Everybody is different. It really depends on how hard you work at it and how big you are to start. Usually bigger people lose it faster. Just what I have heard from being on here....
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think it depends a lot on how big you are and how fast your metabolism is.. I lost my first 30lbs in about 5mo... however the next 10 have been absolute hell to lose... I would recommend switching up your exercise routines so your body is always challenged, but more importantly you MUST stick to your calorie goals. ( I have 1 free night a week- i follow exact the whole week and on sat night i'll have a big dinner and that dessert and wine i've been wanting all week. then sun,back to the grind). Good luck!

Good Job for you! YOu look great
  • mznisaelaine
    Options
    Amazing everyone! I guess I am trying to figure out how to break this plateau of mines.... I think I am losing inches, jeans are fitting lose, etc.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    One away from the 30 lb mark, but the 'start date' for my lifestyle change was 6/22/11. My calorie goal is 1600 a day and I exercise 5-6 times a week for 60-90 minutes... usually burning about 850 calories each time. I favor the elliptical, arc trainer, treadmill and stationary bike. I've never been thin and I gain weight very easily... sometimes just by sniffing a candy bar it seems like. My genes suck too but I never use that as an excuse anymore. Hope that helps a little.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    It took me 8 months to lose 30 lbs.. but I have PCOS and I lose at a much slower rate than normal.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I started on 7.20.11 and have so far lost 28 lbs. Depends on the person, dedication, and how well you listen to your body. I have been here for three months as of today.