Fitfab41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Legacysh: No worries. In RI30, Jillian says "Being perfect sucks!" LOL
    We can DO this everyone!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am married, almost 32, and work a desk job. I have twin girls who will be 4 in a couple weeks.

I was fit and skinny through high school. I gained a little after high school but kids is what changed my body totally. I only gained 40 with my twins, and lost that initially. Then I gained about 30 back. I just can't eat how I was before. Add to that my body is just different and I really want to get rid of the belly (if that's possible).

I got to my initial goal weight of 140 this summer. I have gained a few pounds since then and I would like to get rid of them again. My focus is more on toning and making sure my clothes continue to fit. I'd be ok if they got a little big :smile: I just fell off of the working out wagon and couldn't find any motivation. I'm excited to be starting this and hope it'll kick my butt back into doing what I know I should be doing.

I will be working out in the evenings/nights. I've tried the 'get up early' thing and it never happens. My girls are in preschool and usually get to bed a bit earlier than they had been going to bed so I don't have any excuse to not get this in at night.

My starting weight is 143.6. I'll do measurements tonight and try to get some pics.
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone.

My name is Shawna. I am a wife and a mother of triplets. They are three years olds, two boys and one girl. I have been so busy taking care of my family, I neglected myself. I reached my highest weight ever last year. I was feeling sluggish, getting out of breathe when I put my kids to bed. I thought to myself, what if I had an emergency. Could I carry all of my babies to safety? All of these kinds of thoughts were going through my head. So, I started trying to be a better me last year. I must say, I have progressed more since I have become a member of MFP.

My fears…that I can’t keep it off.
    My current goal….I wish to be under 200lbs by the end of the year. I wish to go into the New Year a slimmer me, A healthier me, A sexier me!

I am super excited about this challenge!!!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    How did everyone find their first day?

I found it just as expected - a bit challenging and dripping in sweat! A lot of similar moves to the 30 Day Shred, but it does look like this is going to be a bit tougher, especially when we get to level 4!

Please send me your weight and measurements if you haven't already!!!
  • Fitfab41
    Fitfab41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I found this one easier than the 30DS. I enjoy it more! I did my 4th workout of level one today (started last Thursday) and I can say it is getting easier. I was still very sweaty and had to do the modified pushups and skaters, but after it was over, I wasn't praying for someone to put me out of my misery!

How long do we stay on a level? Until we can do the advanced moves or just for a week?
  • shauna121211
    Options
    I've planned for us to do 8 days at level 1 and 2, and 7 days at level 3 and 4. Not including rest days (Sunday or if a different day is better for you, use that one).
  • shauna121211
    Options
    I'm getting a lot of the same questions in my inbox, so please ask your questions on here and be sure to read and follow this forum! I'm happy to do this, but would love it if you guys would make it a bit easier for me!

Difference between Chest and Breast:

-Chest, below your breasts!
    -Breast, largest point around your breasts!

-Bellybutton measurement - This will most likely be bigger than your waist and smaller than your hips. For me, it's an area where I'd like to see fat disappear, so I like tracking it.

- I only need one leg and one arm. Stick to one side, you chose right or left. You don't need to tell me which side, it can be your little secret. ;)

-How do I log this exercise? I have a heart rate monitor, so I add in my own exercise, but this most likely wont be the same for you unless you have my same stats, so don't just copy me! If you don't have a heart rate monitor, Circuit Training is a fairly good estimate of calories burned. Log it there! :)
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    Day one complete. 3 lb wts to start. Love the skater move.
  • unstoppablemenk
    Options
    Thanks so much for organizing this Shauna! I'm so excited to do this and I feel like I am finally going to lose this weight I've been talking about for 2 years (after my son was born). I'm motivated to stay on track, logging my food on mfp is really helpful. I feel like I have always had trouble committing to just lose the weight. For example, in the past I would work out consistently but wouldn't eat very well, or I would eat pretty well, but not work out at the same time, so I would never make much progress. I'm looking forward to doing both and to seeing our progress, thanks again!
  • je0721
    je0721 Posts: 2
    Options
    Is there anymore room for this challenge?
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Legacysh: No worries. In RI30, Jillian says "Being perfect sucks!" LOL
    We can DO this everyone!

Thanks!
    Day1 level 1 complete!
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Is there anymore room for this challenge?

Sorry, I've already added way more people than I wanted to! I've still got about 10 people I'm waiting to receive stats from, if I end up deleting 5 or more, I can take you on, but other than that I really need to draw the line!
  • broll11
    broll11 Posts: 16
    Options
    I made it through Day 1 and it was good but not horrible.

My husband did it too and was dying. He doesn't usually workout at all but I gave him big thumbs up for trying this with me.
  • happymommy40
    Options
    Day 1 completed. 317 calories burned!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Did day 1 last night. It was tougher than anticipated and I didn't even have my weights out. I'll have to remember those tonight. My legs were wobbly though. Feels good!! Measurements coming in a few!!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Weight: 143.6
    Neck: 14
    Chest: 33 1/4
    Breast: 38
    Waist: 33
    Belly Button: 35 3/4
    Hips: 39 1/2
    Bicep: 11 1/2
    Lower Arm: oops, missed this one, sorry.
    Thy: 22 1/2
    Calf 14 3/4

I'm not too concerned with my calves as they are all muscle. I would like them to not get bigger though.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Did Level one last night! Was good and used 5 pound weights for everything...man could i feel it in my arms.
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome work everyone! I've done the shred before, and I think I actually like this better. something about the third strength move is a nice extra variety. :)

I started a little early, so I started level 2 yesterday.... lots of planks. My ribs are so sore today.
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    RI30, Nice workout 259cal burned.
  • heyyooadrienne
    heyyooadrienne Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How did the first two days go for everyone? I like the workout a lot. I definitely sweat. I have been using 2 pound weights and it doesn't feel too challenging so I'm going to up it to 5 pound weights. I do have been doing it at 630am before work and after I'm done I feel great! Keep up the good work!

Adrienne :)