Ripped in 30 - October/November! [Closed Group]

Options

Replies

• shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    It's going well! I like it a lot and am looking forward to doing it tonight. Haven't been the best on food this week, so I really need to start kicking it up if I want the best results I can get!

I think we have a lot of planking in our future...
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    OMG!! Only day 2 and jillians voice is already getting on my last nerve. So I have subtitles on my screen, turn her volume down, crank up the stereo with an upbeat CD.....I'm good to go and this is gonna work and get me through.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Day 1 completed. 317 calories burned!

How did you determine your calories?

Level 1 day 2 in the bag! Worst part for me, the fast feet and the abs in the first set... SO far knees are holding out OK!
  • broll11
    broll11 Posts: 16
    Options
    I did day 2 this morning and it was much easier to do that intensity in the morning than it was last night.. I am liking the moves so far I sweat to death but I am enjoying it.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 last night, with my weights. I have 3 pound weights and it was a bit tough but I'll push through. I do like some of the moves a lot. That last set of cardio is killer though. I didn't wear my HRM last night so I don't know cals, but I'm not logging anyway. I ate alright yesterday I know so it's all good.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Completed Level 1 days 3 this morning. I NEVER work out in the morning, so this was big for me. I have a full evening with rehearsal, so I didn't want to be doing it after 10pm tonight. I feel like Jello. I think I breeze through most of it with the exception of quick feet and the running man thing and the ab workout where your on your back and you lift your head and feet. That one kills me. I started using the 5 pound weight for all the single weight moves and the 3 pounders for everything else. it feels just about right now.

My shins are sore, so if anyone is also feeling this, I would love to know!
  • Fitfab41
    Fitfab41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So discouraged...
    I went to my dr yesterday and learned that I have to have my thyroid removed. I ALSO learned that I have gained 6 lbs since JUNE (my scale at home shows me as 3 lbs less). It was a shock to hear. I was so nervous at the prospect of surgery that I didn't work out last night either. :o(

Does anyone else have thyroid issues?
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    So discouraged...
    I went to my dr yesterday and learned that I have to have my thyroid removed. I ALSO learned that I have gained 6 lbs since JUNE (my scale at home shows me as 3 lbs less). It was a shock to hear. I was so nervous at the prospect of surgery that I didn't work out last night either. :o(

Does anyone else have thyroid issues?

No, but a lof of my family does. My mom had hers removed some time ago, I'd say closer to 15 years - she had thyroid cancer. You have to take thyroid pills forever and as your weight changes, your dosage will change. After some time you'll mostly be able to regulate it yourself, you'll know you need to adjust if you have no energy. Good luck and hopefully your body will adjust quickly.
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Well I still haven't gotten measurements or weights from 3 people and I've even private messaged them, so sorry guys - it's time for you to be cut off this challenge! Best of luck with your weight loss and fitness goals!

As for everyone else - keep up the awesome work! 3 days down, only 27 to go! And only 5 more at level 1!

Just a warning, I'm going to mess with the spreadsheet and make it alphabetical...
  • broll11
    Options
    Day 3 complete! I definitely do not do planks well, and I heard there's a lot more of them to come. Does it matter which day you take off for week 1?
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Nope, if Sundays aren't the best day for you, please adjust. Just be sure not to take more than 1 day off if you can help it!
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    I read this in a mag so I hope its true but it said that with planks the more you shake while doing them that means they're working. Anyone else hear the same thing?
  • missblondbliss
    Options
    i've heard that shaking while doing planks means its working as well. my bootcamp instructor says they work your whole body if your doing them right (abs, lower/upper back, hips, shoulders, arms, abs, quads,obliques). no wonder our bodies shake after doing them for a certain amount of time! the first time i tried a plank (just over a month ago) i could only hold it about 10 seconds before i had to drop my knees..now i'm almost at 2 minutes!! i find closing your eyes, breathing slowly and thinking about something else helps.

hope everyones having a good week! :)
  • shaunamc
    Options
    I need encouragement....please add me as a friend.
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Perfect Sucks! I had a nice workout, it feels good.
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i've heard that shaking while doing planks means its working as well. my bootcamp instructor says they work your whole body if your doing them right (abs, lower/upper back, hips, shoulders, arms, abs, quads,obliques). no wonder our bodies shake after doing them for a certain amount of time! the first time i tried a plank (just over a month ago) i could only hold it about 10 seconds before i had to drop my knees..now i'm almost at 2 minutes!! i find closing your eyes, breathing slowly and thinking about something else helps.

hope everyones having a good week! :)

Yes, but I still hate planks. ):
  • broll11
    Options
    I actually am enjoying working this daily. This is my first time to try something like this, but I like the good feeling when I am done in the morning with it. I feel quite proud of myself and it makes me want to do everything else right for the day.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I could do the plank when i did her shred video, of course that was about 30 pounds heavier. I have been able to do the plank this time, but I really hate it! Glad to know about the shaking cuz it was like a earthquake when i was doing them last night! BUt I was doing them!
  • Fitfab41
    Fitfab41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    the plank is getting easier for me but I really DO hate the butt-kicks!!!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Did day 3 last night, burned just over 300 cals. I forgot to stop my HRM right away so I"m sure I had a few extra in there, but I still burned them.