GREEN TEAM

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    Good Day GT!

Beautiful, sunny, and WARMER here today! Plan is to get outside for a walk. Yesterday @ the wrestling meet they had the buses park about a mile and a half from the school (8 teams), and then they shuttled the drivers back to the school. I was the only one that opted to walk to the school. It felt so good and refreshing.....then I sat on my butt for about 7 hours! We ended up getting 2nd and have 5 going onto districts.

sassie ~ you go girl! that is just awesome to have lost 7.5!! i am SO happy for you, and you have a great plan! don't stop now!

yeahbuddy ~ have fun today on your 5K, we'll be thinking of you!! keep on DOING, stick to it!

lily ~ thanks for the cooking info, good idea!

loser ~ it has been nice here too, we have actually been above normal temps, but they say we are going to be back to near average by weeks end.

velvet ~ how is your weekend going? i hope good. my DH is the same way, he hasn't really ate healthy forever. here lately, he has been trying a little harder, especially with the fruits, and does NO exercise, which has always surprised me b/c he was a wrestler in high school. he just had back surgery in Dec, and I know he gets movitated watching me. i have wanted to get a hoola hoop too!

jacque ~ you will be fine....just get back on plan. YES, you needed rest! take care!

hope the rest of the GT is doing well! 3 more days til WEIGH IN!!
  • velvetwing
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My weekend has been busy so no lazying around for me. Ran around doing errands yesterday and visiting friends. My daughter and I watched Fireproof last night.... good flick :)
    Im cooking (prepping for dinner) right now.... garlic chicken pizza... only 165 calories a slice! wooohooo... I'll have 2 please :bigsmile: My mom and nephew are coming over for a visit so this will be nice ( I sure hope they LOVE garlic hehe -- I cant seem to cook without it ) I am also making my newphew a loaf of raisin bread per his request but Im sending it home with them so I wont be munching on it I am fighting a rotton headache AGAIN but hoping it will somewhat ease up for me.
    Kellya... weekend is going pretty nice so far without DH. We text occasionally through the day and talk at night so its really not bad at all, and...... I GET THE WHOLE BED TO MYSELF HEHEHEHEHE!!! Aside from the toilet overflowing last night we are doing just fine here :)
    Oh... the hoola hoop thing is funny!! I cant hoola to save my life but I'll get it! The dogs on the other hand are pro's! We taught both ( lab and chihuahau) to hop through the hoop! hehe they will do anything for food :)
    Im off to church... Hope to hear from you all soon ( weekends seem to be quiet sadly )
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hi greenies! I hope you are all well, I had a weird weekend, will decide how to elaborate and fill you in later. I know I burned at least 100 cals between stress and hopping around during the Bud Shootout!:laugh: :laugh: But my 29 won, so it was happy dances all around!:bigsmile: :drinker: Above that I was at a party and grazed so no idea how to log all that, so I'm not worryin, but I did drink excessively and hope it won't affect my weigh in this week!:grumble:

Back to work tomorrow already?:noway:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    So I got back from my run about an hour ago. I did my best run to date:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: My time was 42:24

I was able to run the whole first mile, most of the second mile and the whole rest of the race. Me and REO Speedwagon spent alot of time together that last mile and a half:love:

I'm not sure yet how I ranked as far as other racers but I'll fill you all in when I get the info.

Where does everybody go on the weekends?:frown:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Oh, i've been around all weekend, mostly rolling in bed though... no real workout, except a bit of walking... I just had a bad weight loss 'accident' on Friday... I woke up very pale and my heart was arythmic, was almost ready to collapse... I had not done this mistake for like 10 years when back at school I had the same problem... My 'diet' was mostly fruit and veggies because I don't like meat, fish or eggs (I must have eaten them in some form in the junk I used to eat before because I don't normally have anaemia), so I had no resource of vitamin B12 and iron, hence I got an anaemia fit... I had milk/cheese for the B12 and took pills for iron because I refused to eat meat/eggs... Then last night I decided to give it a try - bought a box of chicken thighs and roasted 2 of them with tomato and garlic but since this was my first time ever cooking meat, I was so lame with the oven temperature the tomato and garlic were all black and the tray was useless (buying a new one tomorrow, sigh)... However, the meat was well roasted and to my surprise it tasted great! I must have eaten some fat kinds of ready cooked meat before because I never really liked the taste but roasted chicken with no fats is so good. I also cooked me an egg with bran today (very yummy recipe, too!) and I'm going to take care to have both these in my diet on a regular basis, so I receive the proper nutrition :embarassed: Fish is still a problem, I looked at all the available ones at the stores and they all look so horrible to me, I don't even know which kind to buy... I will see to add it to my menu soon one way or another...

So this is my weekend story... DON'T DO LIKE ME! Watch your weekly nutrition reports and check if you are getting adequate intake of all nutrients, don't wait for some symptoms caused by their insufficiency to appear and learn the hard way like me!

Have a great new week froggies and hoping for my first challenge to finally be assigned!

Pet
  • velvetwing
    Options
    Oh, i've been around all weekend, mostly rolling in bed though... no real workout, except a bit of walking... I just had a bad weight loss 'accident' on Friday... I woke up very pale and my heart was arythmic, was almost ready to collapse... I had not done this mistake for like 10 years when back at school I had the same problem... My 'diet' was mostly fruit and veggies because I don't like meat, fish or eggs (I must have eaten them in some form in the junk I used to eat before because I don't normally have anaemia), so I had no resource of vitamin B12 and iron, hence I got an anaemia fit... I had milk/cheese for the B12 and took pills for iron because I refused to eat meat/eggs... Then last night I decided to give it a try - bought a box of chicken thighs and roasted 2 of them with tomato and garlic but since this was my first time ever cooking meat, I was so lame with the oven temperature the tomato and garlic were all black and the tray was useless (buying a new one tomorrow, sigh)... However, the meat was well roasted and to my surprise it tasted great! I must have eaten some fat kinds of ready cooked meat before because I never really liked the taste but roasted chicken with no fats is so good. I also cooked me an egg with bran today (very yummy recipe, too!) and I'm going to take care to have both these in my diet on a regular basis, so I receive the proper nutrition :embarassed: Fish is still a problem, I looked at all the available ones at the stores and they all look so horrible to me, I don't even know which kind to buy... I will see to add it to my menu soon one way or another...

So this is my weekend story... DON'T DO LIKE ME! Watch your weekly nutrition reports and check if you are getting adequate intake of all nutrients, don't wait for some symptoms caused by their insufficiency to appear and learn the hard way like me!

Have a great new week froggies and hoping for my first challenge to finally be assigned!

Pet
    Purrrr please take care of yourself especially knowing how food can affect a body. I have a pretty severe vitamin deficiency and have to take high does to equil things out for me too. Im not sure what to suggest for you to try in the fish department as everyones tastes are different. Salmon is my favorite but you should try different ones and find something you like. Im not a big meat eater either but I do eat alot of chicken and fish.... many ways to cook so its great to experiment and fun too!
  • n2dfire
    n2dfire Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO ALL ITS YOUR LONG LOST TEAM MEMBER IM SOOO SORRY I HAVENT BEEN AROUND THE LAST FEW DAYS PLEASE FORGIVE ME:sad: :flowerforyou: BUT ON A GOOD NOTE I GO ON MY 6 DAY BREAK SRATING TOMORROW SO ILL BE OFF FOR 6 DAYS AND I GOT ALOT OF CLEARING AND BURNING DONE YESTERDAY SO THAT IS A HUGE RELIEF PLUS GOT MY TAXES DONE NOW TOMORROW IM GONNA TAKE DOWN TWO MORE TREES CUT THOSE UP BURN THEM THEN TILL UP THE GARDEN TO START GETTING THAT READY FOR SPRING SO IM BURNING CALORIES OUT THE WAZOO BUT ANY WAY ENOUGH ABOUT ME YALL ARE AWESOME DOING A GREAT JOB AND IM NOT EVEN HERE TO WATCH:sad: BUT YALL ARE DOING GREAT I WAS HOPING TO SEE WHAT THE CHALLENGE WAS BUT :huh: ITS NOT POSTED YET BUT MAYBE TOMORROW. AND FROM NOW ON ILL TRY TO GET ON AT LEAST ONCE SOOOO YALL KNOW IM ALIVE WELL BIG DAY TOMORROW GOOD NIGHT ALL AND SEE YOU TOMORROW:yawn:
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Pet
    Purrrr please take care of yourself especially knowing how food can affect a body. I have a pretty severe vitamin deficiency and have to take high does to equil things out for me too. Im not sure what to suggest for you to try in the fish department as everyones tastes are different. Salmon is my favorite but you should try different ones and find something you like. Im not a big meat eater either but I do eat alot of chicken and fish.... many ways to cook so its great to experiment and fun too!

How do you know if you have a vitamin deficiency? I take my one a day teen advantage, do I need to worry about anything else?
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi all,
    Had an okay weekend....went to the ft. worth stock show and rodeo. Stayed away from the blooming onions and the funnel cakes. Had a few beers though...oh and some nachos. LOL Did walk all around the grounds.......calories burned.

I just hope this week I didn't gain any weight. :tongue: Everyone hang in there this week!! I am going to bust my booty mon and tuesday before weigh in!!

STAY STRONG GREENIES!!:flowerforyou:
  • velvetwing
    Options

Pet

How do you know if you have a vitamin deficiency? I take my one a day teen advantage, do I need to worry about anything else?
    Ive actually been under doctors care for a while now. They discovered my Vit-D issue through blood work. I had a lot of misc symptoms they have been trying to figure out for many years. Right now hoping to resolve much through more vitamin D. Ive heard that many adults have Vit-D deficiency but dont know it. I just happen to be on the more extreme end and needed extra help.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options

Pet

Ive actually been under doctors care for a while now. They discovered my Vit-D issue through blood work. I had a lot of misc symptoms they have been trying to figure out for many years. Right now hoping to resolve much through more vitamin D. Ive heard that many adults have Vit-D deficiency but dont know it. I just happen to be on the more extreme end and needed extra help.

I also have a vitamin D deficiency that was found through routine blood work. I am now taking 50,000 IU twice a day.

Race results aren't posted yet:angry:
  • velvetwing
    Options

Pet

I also have a vitamin D deficiency that was found through routine blood work. I am now taking 50,000 IU twice a day.

Race results aren't posted yet:angry:
    I started w 50,000 2x a week, now back to 2,000 once a day. I dont feel differently yet.... but its been nearly 2 months and Im hoping something will kick in soon :bigsmile:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I have to go back some time this month for more blood work and if everything's looking good, I'll probably go on a reduced prescription like you. I also have a thyroid condition with a nodule on my right side so I've been going to the dr. a lot this past year:grumble:
  • velvetwing
    Options
    I have to go back some time this month for more blood work and if everything's looking good, I'll probably go on a reduced prescription like you. I also have a thyroid condition with a nodule on my right side so I've been going to the dr. a lot this past year:grumble:
    Oh my.... sounds like we could share stories LOL. I get restested next week * crossing fingers*
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Yeah, I think there are probably a lot more people with vitamin deficiencies and they don't even know it. I always suspected I had a deficiency because I have pale skin and I would get symptoms of that SAD (seasonal something or other desease?) Hopefully with our new found eating habits we will get all the vitamins we need from our food.
  • velvetwing
    Options
    Yeah, I think there are probably a lot more people with vitamin deficiencies and they don't even know it. I always suspected I had a deficiency because I have pale skin and I would get symptoms of that SAD (seasonal something or other desease?) Hopefully with our new found eating habits we will get all the vitamins we need from our food.
    Yeppers Im the same way with fair skin -- its the Irish in me. Ive always been sooo careful about not being in the sun because I burn so easily. Well now....... is there any wonder Im lacking in my Vita - D? lol. Im just hoping Ive caught it early enough to fix before Ive done any permanent damage such as getting brittle bones and such ( laughing to myself because isnt this what 'old' people worry about hehehe.... I should be worrying about this when Im 80 not 39)
    I understand SAD too but through the advise of my rhum dr... I take one benedril at bed time so I can sleep again... its amazing how much of a difference a good night sleep makes in your life. Its amazing! *woohoo
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Is that when they draw your blood for like 5 minutes? I think I did that once 3 years ago, but nothing was wrong with me... Am a due for another test?
  • velvetwing
    Options

Is that when they draw your blood for like 5 minutes? I think I did that once 3 years ago, but nothing was wrong with me
    5 min??? really? Nah... mine was pretty quick and painless ( Im not afraid of needles so it doesnt bother me much) Mine went pretty quick even with them taking 6 vials of blood ( I had several tests done)
    I guess this is something only you and your doctor would know what to do.
  • Bunny001
    Options
    Hi , I'm pretty new here and was wondering if it was too late to join the team??
  • velvetwing
    Options
    Hi , I'm pretty new here and was wondering if it was too late to join the team??
    Its NEVER too late! Welcome... you'll find a lot of support here :flowerforyou: