Looking for a few good men

Options

Replies

• KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I guess I'll get things started as if I recall right Monday is weigh in here. 265 this morning. Now off to work I go.
  • Bigeddy
    Bigeddy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Tim,

Well, been away for two weeks and everything has changed. Found the tread again. Good job, so many new members. This will get the swing back from the beginning of the year. Looks like we have a lot of a few good men. Do we all want the truth or can't we handle the truth.....

Here's my truth: no change (LWW 115,1 CWW 115,1), this is in kilo's by the way. European members are allowed by Tim and he even converts it in some kind of weird imperial, outer space system. So no progress again, time to order the code Red.

Warm welcome to all the newbies on this tread
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    New here on this thread but I have been using MFP for about 7 months I have lost 80 lbs since Jan 1 and plan to lose a total of 100 by Dec 31 then write a book on "How to lose 100lbs after 50 yrs old". Should be a best seller but probably will not because most folks over 50 don't have the motivation needed to do that.
    I pastor Northwest Baptist Church in Leavenworth, Kansas. I have been married for 32 years and have 2 daughters both married to soldiers and both have 3 children, (my motivation).

I weighed 202 lbs this morning.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    is this the official thread? I replied in 1 under Sucess Stories part of the message board, same thread title. "Looking for a few good men" just curious so I know where to track and post my progress once we get going.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Wish we would have started this last week, I lost 4 lbs! :bigsmile:

My "official" weight (as of Sunday, 16 Oct.) is 429.0

Is there a check-in day everyone here uses? Good luck guys, feeling positive about our group here!
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    is this the official thread? I replied in 1 under Sucess Stories part of the message board, same thread title. "Looking for a few good men" just curious so I know where to track and post my progress once we get going.

Yep, this is the place. I had that thread moved here by a moderator. This was the more appropriate section of the message board.
  • tdonlin
    Options

Is there a check-in day everyone here uses? Good luck guys, feeling positive about our group here!

I personally weigh myself in on Sunday morning. I don't think it really matters what day as long as it is consistent. It could be Wednesday to Wednesday. It just that the results are posted Monday morning (hopefully).
  • gpbaldwin03
    gpbaldwin03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Dang, hate that I missed the sign up deadline. Would have liked to join this group. Saw it late when a friend posted here. Be glad to be on the alternate list, in case you have more attrition.

If anyone else would like to friend me up, I'd be happy to have more active friends for motivation. I can keep up with this group vicariously through you guys.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • StarGeezer
    Options

I personally weigh myself in on Sunday morning. I don't think it really matters what day as long as it is consistent. It could be Wednesday to Wednesday. It just that the results are posted Monday morning (hopefully).
    Excellent! I check regularly throughout the week, but my "keeper" is the Sunday morning weigh-in. Thanks, Tim!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    OK, here we go. First off, a huge welcome to all the new guys on here. I am looking forward to reinvigorating myself and get this weight loss journey kickstarted again.

There are a whole bunch of us now. There is a huge variety in our ages, jobs, weights, how long we have been on MFP, etc... We have one man that is just starting his weight loss journey and we have another that has already lost almost 160 pounds (just wow!). But one thing we all have in common is wanting to become healthier. I will commit myself to pushing you. I ask that you do the same for me and the others and to regularly post your results.

I hope I have everyone's info correct. If not, just let me know.

In regards to the chart;

Blue = those with a posted loss
    Yellow = those with no change
    White = those that I do not have last weeks info from

In the yellow and white section, it is just a random order.

Now, beginning next week, I will be able to use your previous weeks weight because you have all given me your current weight (with the exception of oswaldbowser).

Lastly, if I don't receive an update from anyone for about 3 weeks, I will probably have to remove that person from the list. 21 people is an awful lot to keep track of.

With that being said, this weeks biggest loser is BroDave with a loss of 4 pounds. Fantastic job!!!

week1.jpg
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey. Thanks for the welcome! I don't usually check my weight everyday just because I feel more motivated to check once a week. It keeps me going and wondering what I will weight by the end of the week. Do we check out weights on Sunday or Monday?
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hey. Thanks for the welcome! I don't usually check my weight everyday just because I feel more motivated to check once a week. It keeps me going and wondering what I will weight by the end of the week. Do we check out weights on Sunday or Monday?

If you can check and send me your weight by Sunday night, that will allow me to have it and post it Monday morning.
  • Freax
    Freax Posts: 91 Member
    Options

If you can check and send me your weight by Sunday night, that will allow me to have it and post it Monday morning.
    Okay, sounds good.
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ok buddy so how are you wanting our weight loss stats?! I'm down to 182.8 just now. WOO!

Wanting them just posted in the topic or sent to you via PM etc?!

Just let me know man :D And also your wanting it on a sunday yes?!
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I find the easiest thing for me will be to post here first thing Monday morning if that's ok with tdolin. I am up at 4:30 am so I am sure it would be the same as Sunday night.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Ok buddy so how are you wanting our weight loss stats?! I'm down to 182.8 just now. WOO!

Wanting them just posted in the topic or sent to you via PM etc?!

Just let me know man :D And also your wanting it on a sunday yes?!

If you can just post it here on sometime during the weekend that would be perfect. Thanks,
  • tdonlin
    Options
    I find the easiest thing for me will be to post here first thing Monday morning if that's ok with tdolin. I am up at 4:30 am so I am sure it would be the same as Sunday night.

That will work out great. I start going through all the post and putting them into a spreadsheet over the weekend. That way I have most of it done by Monday morning. A couple of Monday morning entries won't bother me a bit.
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the info. Since this is week one, my last week's weight would be the same as my current weight (203). I have been doing a weekly weigh-in on Friday and will send that to you Fridays or Saturdays.

I'll post a intro soon.
  • gpitts85
    Options
    I hope it isnt to late but I really need this. I am in

SW: 411
    CW: 377
    GW: 250
  • tdonlin
    Options
    I hope it isnt to late but I really need this. I am in

SW: 411
    CW: 377
    GW: 250

George,
    I have you added now. If you can post up your results next weekend, you will be caught up. Welcome aboard and I hope we can all help each other out.