water!

Options

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Pure caffeine is a diuretic. Coffee and tea are not diuretics, as they do not contain nearly enough caffeine to have much dehydrating effect, and the amount of water in coffee and tea more than offset any potential diuretic effect.. Have you even read anything that anyone else has said in this thread? Or are you just intentionally ignoring facts to troll people?

What is pure caffeine and how is coffee and tea not diuretics?

I'm not trolling. If I am, then everyone that's responding to me are trolling as well.
  • AZackery
    Options
    Water itself is also a diuretic. But, as with tea and coffee, the amount of water you actually take in far, far outweighs the diuretic effect.

Does water dehydrates the body?
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Pure caffeine is a diuretic. Coffee and tea are not diuretics, as they do not contain nearly enough caffeine to have much dehydrating effect, and the amount of water in coffee and tea more than offset any potential diuretic effect.. Have you even read anything that anyone else has said in this thread? Or are you just intentionally ignoring facts to troll people?

What is pure caffeine and how is coffee and tea not diuretics?

Pure caffeine is anhydrous. The fluid content of caffeinated beverages are more than sufficient to offset the diuretic effects of their caffeine content.

Did you even bother reading the studies I posted???
  • PB67
    Options
    Water itself is also a diuretic. But, as with tea and coffee, the amount of water you actually take in far, far outweighs the diuretic effect.

No, and nor do coffee or tea.
  • AZackery
    Options
    Pure caffeine is anhydrous. The fluid content of caffeinated beverages are more than sufficient to offset the diuretic effects of their caffeine content.

No. I didn't read the studies you have posted. I'm talking to you.
  • PB67
    Options

No. I didn't read the studies you have posted. I'm talking to you.

LULZ.

Come back when you actually have some evidence to support your ridiculous claims.
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i used to hate drinking water. until i made a commitment to myself to become a healthier me and take care of myself.

i noticed the scale also went up when i didnt drink water and down when i did.

i now love water!!!

your body requires plain old water to function in a healthy way. isnt that what we are all here for? to be healthier. Doesnt matter if you dont like water, drink it. you need it. it will get easier to enjoy as time goes by.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink a lot of straight water (as well as black & green tea), but honestly, it's mostly because it keeps me from getting hungry! :laugh: :laugh: Plus all those calories I burn getting up to go to the toilet every hour!

lol! I try to drink a lot of water, but honestly I do forget sometimes (I've also forgotten to eat, but I'm working on it!) sometimes I just get very distracted by, ya know, life.

I don't much like coffee and only drink it if I neeeeeed to be awake for a few more hours. I work nights and while I have full access to free coffee I only drink it maybe once every one or two months. I try not to drink caffeinated teas but only because I have sleep issues and I absolutely don't want to even risk messing with those. I do love tea though, so I find herbal/decaf. I still try to make water my primary drink.

As it has been said before you need to stay hydrated for your body to function properly. Don't over hydrate (which I've found for a lot of people this is hard to do) but make sure you've got fluids! It helps your skin too and people will notice a difference.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    AZackery, what exactly do you do "in the medical field"? What is your area of expertise?
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options

Hmm our self proclaimed medical professional doesn't even understand the definition of the word diuretic. Let me help you here, diuretic simply means it causes and increase in the passing of urine. That in itself does not equate to dehydration. But then a medical professional would already understand this simple fact.

You know it's bad enough when people pass off incorrect information as absolute fact but your claims to be something you're not in order to try and substantiate your false claims take the cake.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

Diuretic: Anything that promotes the formation of urine by the kidney. (The word "diuretic" comes from a combination of the Greek "dia-", thoroughly + "ourein", to urinate = to urinate thoroughly).

It has nothing to do with dehydration. So yes, water is a diuretic too.
    your body requires plain old water to function in a healthy way. isnt that what we are all here for? to be healthier. Doesnt matter if you dont like water, drink it. you need it.

If that were true, i would be dead years ago. I am not dead. I am healthier and fitter than ever before. Clearly our bodies do NOT require "plain old water". Did you read ANY of this thread?

Some people just don't want their beliefs busted.
  • AZackery
    Options
    I'm going to say this and then I'm done with this topic.

What do I see as water?

Wa·ter (wô“t…r, w¼t“…r) n. 1. A clear, colorless, odorless, and tasteless liquid, H2O, essential for most plant and animal life and the most widely used of all solvents.

I know that some people count coffee and tea as water, but I don't, because they aren't water to me. Some people don't even drink regular coffee, they drink Frappuccino or Cappuccino and they are both coffee as well. I don't even see them as water.

Our body is made up of 70% water, according to some studies. Some studies have the amount less and some have it more. Anyway is goes, the body is made up of a huge percentage of water.

I will speak for my body. My body doesn't see coffee, tea, soda, juice, etc. as water and it's not supposed to see it as water.

A lot of medicine are required to be taken with water. I could be wrong, but I don't think people would drink coffee, tea, etc. with their medicine that states to take with water.

My body needs water. My body can live without coffee, tea, soda water, etc. but it can't live without water.

Water helps with fat loss. Coffee, tea, soda water, etc. don't. Please note that I have said fat loss and not scale weight loss.

Keep doing what you think is right for your body.
  • PB67
    Options
    mosaic_facepalm.jpg
  • AZackery
    Options
    Hmm our self proclaimed medical professional doesn't even understand the definition of the word diuretic. Let me help you here, diuretic simply means it causes and increase in the passing of urine. That in itself does not equate to dehydration. But then a medical professional would already understand this simple fact.

You know it's bad enough when people pass off incorrect information as absolute fact but your claims to be something you're not in order to try and substantiate your false claims take the cake.

Intechpc, when has God taken me out of my body and put you in it? I don't have to prove anything to you. I know who I am. You are nothing but words on a screen. I don't know you and you definitely don't know me, so stop trying to make it seems as if you are me. I have a medical degree and you can't change that fact. I'm finished talking to you. Have a nice life!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcgSdAAm4XDcSYFVGsq9ObLvSCJ9SvTAtZbqT3_cBMkQC2PG83Gg
  • PB67
    Options
    I have a medical degree and you can't change that fact

41779_135226683189665_604_n.jpg

And many lulz were had that day.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    buy a litter of water in the morning drink it till its done, fill it and drink one more that's all you need all day :smile:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcgSdAAm4XDcSYFVGsq9ObLvSCJ9SvTAtZbqT3_cBMkQC2PG83Gg
    The_Villagers.gif
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    unfortunately, YES!

the rule of thumb (just in case you didn't know it) is half your body weight in ounces is what you should be drinking every day!!

Zounds! I may drown! :D