how did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse?

Options

Replies

• Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I met mine through my best friend at the time (her brother) I knew her since I was 7 but never remember meeting her brother even though their mom says I did. Had a crush on on him when I did meet him at 14 but he showed no real interest till I was 18 I figure since he was 4 years older that's a good thing lol Been together for 14 years married for 13 :)

That's funny....my boyfriend tried to say he met me when we were both in high school hanging out at my cousin's house (they're good friends and that's how we met). I can't remember meeting him then to save my life!!! And he's not the type of guy you meet and then forget about, he has a huge personality. We met/reconnected/whatever about 3 years ago when him and my cousin randomly visited one day and he happened to be tagging along. We hit it off right away and there's still disagreement about what our first date was...lol!
  • Behipped
    Options
    What a fun topic.

I met my boyfriend on Match a year ago. I was using it pretty casually because I was new to Boston, but it has been smoooooth sailing since. He is fantastic. :)

I love that so many of you have met your SOs online!
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    Technically? We met online, but he was really good friends with my best friend and he was friends and worked with my brother. We were bound to meet at some point.

He says we met once before at this little crap hole club, but I was TRASHED. No recollection of that night, other than I brought home a kitten. So it doesn't count.
  • melissalan
    melissalan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    We met at age 15 in Drivers Educations class. I sat next to him.
    Started dating at 16. Married at 19. Had children at 20 and 21. Still going strong.
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    we had a bunch of mutual friends, and I was sitting in our friends bar/restaurant one day when he came in and saw me. He said he knew he was going to marry me from the first second he saw me. Apparently when i got up to go to the bathroom he came up and asked who I was. Then he introduced himself to me when I came back to the table. I thought he was a total player, so i would fend off his advances each time. He chased after me for about a month, but we saw each other alot because we were both regulars at the bar. He asked me out everytime he saw me, and I wasn't having it! Finally he brought his friend from out of town to the bar and I saw how nice he was to her, and I finally realized that his player vibe he was giving me was a total front, and he was actually a really sweet nice guy. So I agreed to go have coffee with him when he asked that night. It was perfect timing too, because he had told his friend he was only gonna try one more time and then was giving up. Anyways, our coffee date lasted for 6 hours, and we have seen each other everyday since then. He told me he loved me a week into our relationship and proposed a month later, but i told him that everyone was going to think we were crazy so he couldn't officially propose until we had been together for a year. Well he waited 11 months and 1 day and proposed to me on my 23rd birthday. He proposed to me in the same restaurant and same seat that he had first seen me in 11 months prior. 6 months exactly after that we were married, and now we are 6 months into our marraige about to celebrate 1 year of being engaged and on nov 19th 2 years of knowing each other.
  • queenmegan
    Options
    I also met my boyfriend online. Plentyoffish.com. He's the bee's knees <3
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Met 10 years ago when I went on a church/community service trip, kept in contact for a few years (he was in PA I was in CA) until I met my Ex and got married (then divorced 2 years later.....it was a dark/dumb period in my life) we reunited a year ago through facebook and have been married 3 months! He's the one I should have stuck with all along
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    I met my husband through my ex boyfriend that I was dating at that time, ended up gettin cheated on, and then starting dating my *now* husband =]
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Work. We teach together and at the first staff party of the year, he bet me 10 bucks that I'd be engaged or married within a year. (I was coming out of a ****ty divorce and swore I'd never get married again.) well, I lost that bet and 11 months later I gave him a crisp $10 bill that is framed in our living room.

Love this! That's awesome!
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Technically, online, through one of his friends who I was actually supposed to meet. Been married for 4 years, together for 8. Can't go wrong with meeting someone online! Well, actually yeah you can, just don't go on ashleymadison lol
  • AlissaB87
    Options
    Aww I love all these stories!!! Hopefully ill meet my other half sometime soon ;]
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not but on a RUNNING TRAIL! We worked for the same company but different locations and a lot of employees went to the same trails to run. I had seen him around but we actually talked and got to know each other over several months of RUNNING TOGETHER...See fitness is good for you heart...physically and otherwise:)
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby in high school. Were high school sweethearts. We have been together for 26 years. We have been married 17 years and we have 4 beautiful children. I am the happiest woman in the world :love:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Well I won't be much help, we met in highschool. LOL We started dating when I was 15, we have been together for 16 years now. :heart:
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at an event for people who chat online. I hadn't met him online, though. We were inseparable for 6 years (Because he was suffocating!) And then I left!

P.S. Happily ever after doesn't exist. ;)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Car club. I was in an f-body (Camaro and Trans Am) club. I had a Camaro and DH's roommate had a Trans Am. DH used to tag along to the meetings even though he was a Mustang owner.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I meet my husband online... and even though we were on several of the same "dating" sites, we never came across each other profile (or at least we don't remember seeing them...). We meet in a local chat room and just started chatting. When he realized we lived in the same area, he asked me out. And we've been together every since (over 5 1/2 years since our first date!). :smile:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    On reggae night, in an Australian bar, in Fuji City, Japan, in 1999.

He was chatting to all the girls, and when he moved on from me I wanted him to come back. So, when he tried pushing past me later (the bar was titchy!) I said 'Hey! I'm not that thin!', he said he didn't mean it that way, apparently I bought him lots of drinks (he was a student, I was an assistant language teacher), and at some point he said that I was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

We kissed that night, he phoned the next morning and we'll have been married 10 years this Christmas. He always thought he'd marry someone with my name, and says he knew in advance that that night was important... He's very mystic :wink:
  • AliDarling
    Options
    online at gothscene.com. been married for over 2 yrs and have a beautiful baby girl
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I met mine on a chatline over the phone, we met and were best friends for three years,dated for a yr and been married for 9 months:)Hes the best,love my honey bunches of oats!