how did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse?

Options

Replies

• kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Love your story....if ti meant to be, it will be!!!....so romantic!!! Love it!!!!!!

Thanks! And yes, if its meant to be, it will be.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    He was my professor. i hated him the whole time he was my teacher. i skipped class all the time and skated by with a C. (i'm generally an A student!) we've got mutual friends, and eventually he joined the volleyball team i was on. i was gonna quit, but decided i liked volleyball more than i hated him, so i stayed. We ended up running into each other 3 weekends in a row, out separately with our friends. We decided after the 3rd time, we must have something in common! so we decided to go out. that was 8 1/2 years ago now, we've been married just over 5 years, and have 2 kiddos!
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Havent met him yet.... who needs men anyways?
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I met my now fiance 2 years ago on a site called My Year book.. (a social media site like facebook)...
    wasn't even going to join, but was like pah.... was looking to add friends, saw his face and was like HMM he's cute lol I could see myself spending the rest of my life with him lol

asked me to marry him on our one year anniversary (Feb 26th, 2011) We are getting married on Oct 06, 2012 :D SOOO HAPPY!!! never been happier!

and he loves me every bit just the way I am... curves and all.. I said you love my wobbly bits? he said I have very high regard for all of you, especially your wobbly bits lol...

I wish you all the best in finding your love, your soul mate, your partner in life :D
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I live in Pa and met my fiance in Ok :)
    I went to visit a friend (a marine) b/c he was complaining no one was visiting him and how everyone was going to visit when he was moved to HI in the next few months. I went for the weekend and when he went into the barracks to pick up a friend to go to dinner, I was swarmed by guys. Either they didn't introduce themselves at all or they introduced themself as their last name (which they go by in the service, for the most part) except one. He came up, introduced himself by his first name, asked who I was visiting, where I was from. Pretended like he didn't believe me because he was also from my area and told me to prove it by calling his phone to prove my area code was from that area.... He thought he was slick, as to get my number, but I was onto him and didn't care because he was adorable and funny. He texted me all night trying to convince me to meet up with him later but I passed on the offer. We all went to lunch the next day instead :) Instead of leaving that night, I changed my flight to the next day to get to know him a little, never really thinking it would go anywhere, I was just having fun. Almost got fired when I called work that next morning and told them I was still in Oklahoma, haha. It was worth it.

We've been together for a little over 4 years and have a beautifully crazy 7 month old girl :)
  • idcatiej22
    idcatiej22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    the first time i met my boyfriend was technically the 2nd time i met him. we were first introduced at my friend's high school graduation party; however, i don't remember meeting him then (i wasn't drunk, i just flat out don't remember seeing him there). then new years eve 2 years later, we were both again at the same mutual friend's house for a party. this time i took notice. we started talking about hockey and architecture. a few days later we went on our first date. i later found out that the first time he met me he thought i was out of his league. going strong for almost two years...i think we were playing in the same league all along :smile:
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    We met through friends but our first real encounter was pretty much what I thought was going to be a one night stand followed by an awkward situation to avoid if we we're ever hanging out because of friends! But then he called me a few days later to go on a date and we've been together ever since... about 8 months now. :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met at bible college. We both were freshmen in our 20's. Some 17-18 year old girls twittered past him during lunch, all joking about how they were there to earn their Mrs. Degree. My husband said "I am so sick of hearing that." I overheard him and said, "well, come sit by me and don't propose to me, and we'll be fine."
    He did pretty well, waited two years before he popped the question. Lol reverse psychology??? :-P
  • mammacado
    Options
    He was my boss! Ha! 5 years later...I'm the boss! :tongue: :tongue: Just playing honey! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyholley77
    Options
    still looking for him.... :'(
  • KindleBlossom
    Options
    My husband and I met at work. He was my boss for a year- we both had crushes on each other, but neither of us said a thing until he gave his notice at work, said he was moving to another city. So, I gathered my courage and asked him out. We dated for about two weeks before we were engaged. Been married for almost three years now, and it's pretty much the best thing to ever happen to us both! Thanks for posting the topic- it's a nice memory to relive. :)
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I met my first husband at ballroom dancing class, how trite. After we divorced, I met my second husband on the internet, it was funny because I had given up on that working, and he popped up.

Since being widowed, meeting men has been very difficult, sheesh maybe you only get a couple of shots to get it right.

GG
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    High School - been together for eight years and getting married next September :)
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    These stories are fun to read! I'm such a sap for romance. lol

I met mine at a wine tasting event. I was working at the event (supplying the appetizers) and my husband was representing a wine distributor. He was the cutest guy in the room, and somehow we caught eyes. Next thing you know he was next to me asking questions. A week later I had a rose in the mail with original artwork and a letter. Next came the phone call. 22 years and 2 bambinos later . . .still under the same roof.
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    At Six Flags standing in line for a water ride. : )

We met and started dating seriously about 2- 2 1/2 years later on 7/7/07.
    I moved in with him when I was 17 (Oct 2007) and have been inseperable ever since.
    Now we're getting married in 4 weeks (11/11/11)!

High School sweethearts basically that met at Six Flags about an hr away from where either of us lived. We didn't even live in the same city until I moved in!

I LOVE HIM! :heart:

I'm going to a wedding on that date :)
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    facebook... out of all places. But hes amazing :)

lol I met mine on Myspace. :-) He also happened to work at my local starbucks at the time. we're going on 3yrs married Nov. 16 and about 4.5yrs together.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Met my fiance online :)
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    My bf and I met on a dating site.. Where I was listed as a lesbian HAHAA

We got talking I said I wasn't interested..
    we talked for about a month, then started texting and talking on msn..

Eventually he was like Let's meet, we can be friends can't we?

I said no for AGES!!

one night I had a fight with my housemates at the time, and I text everyone I know and no one was free to hang out..
    finally at about 11pm I text him and asked if he was busy and wanted to come play wii or hang cause I was bored and just needed a friend..

He showed up about midnight..

We didn't date for ages he kept avoiding the are we dating talk.. *we kissed that night though haha*

then about 3 months later he invited me to his dad's 50th fancy dress..
    I went as Wilma.. from the flinstones..
    He spent the whole night introducing me as his gf *He hadn't even asked me lol*
    And yeah when everyone asked how long we had been together he said since 18th March which was the date we officially met ^_^

& Here we are 7 months on Tuesday :heart:

Not as long as some of you hahaha But hey Not bad for my first Straight relationship..

I even came forward in like April and told everyone I was straight.. Haven't looked at a girl since...

ALSO! Lol someone really must of wanted us to meet *points up*
    We were both born in Adelaide, Both moved to Townsville in QLD at the same time, Then down to Victoria at the same time AND then both ended up in Adelaide at the same time.. Just didn't meet till years later haha
  • erintheinfj
    erintheinfj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me and the husband (Sclams) met on Plenty of Fish. We'd both been in short term relationships with other people we met on PoF but nothing really clicked. And then in November 2006 he messaged me and we hit it off and started talking over IM during the day. We had our first date on December 1 2006, moved in together February 2007, got engaged February 2008, bought our condo in September 2009 and married March 2010! :)

I'm finding more and more couples are meeting online. With the Internet having such a huge presence in our lives these days, online dating has definitely lost the stigma that it once had!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on MyYearBook.com. We've been together 2 years and living together for the last year. :) I admit that I never thought I'd be saying I met my boyfriend online... lol.