how did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse?

Options

Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Work. The girl I was seeing at the time worked in the same department as her and they were friends...sort of, and she was seeing a guy in my department. Her relationship ended. Mine eventually ended.
    About 8 months later we started emailing at work and decided to go out one night as friends. Had a great time so the next time out was a real date.
    I always always dated at work or through friends. My friends would say don't dip the pen in company ink but I couldn't help it.
    Oh and the ex girlfriend went ballistic after we told her :laugh:
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    my 1st ex from a catalog, 2nd from a street corner, currently not dating.:brokenheart:
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    At a bar....dated 3 years, married 21 years - still very happy! : )
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    . Next thing you know he was next to me asking questions. A week later I had a rose in the mail with original artwork and a letter.

awww how romantic
  • hayskylar
    Options
    My older sister, Cheyenne, had just started dating this new guy, Lukas. I always went everywhere she did, and one night he was having a bbq at his house. So, of course, I tagged along. At the time I was 13 and Lukas' friend was 18. People call him Bear. Cheyenne told me how much of an ahole he was, so right when I met him I smarted off. The whole night we were rude to eachother. (He even beat me in guitar hero ): ) And he also taught me sex ed, since I was sheltered most of my life and didn't know anything. He demonstrated part of it by putting a ton of water in his mouth then spitting it at my face. Rude, I know. When Chey and I went home that night, I told her she was right and I can't believe he acted like that. Three years later, somehow we had became friends on facebook?, and I decided to message him since I was bored and told him a joke. We started talking about music and everything and figured out we had a lot in common. (In the span of those three years I had seen him at a few local shows but ignored him.) I gave him my number and told him to text me if he knew of any good shows were coming up. He texted me that night, and we haven't stopped talking since. The second time we met, he thought I was 18, when I was 16. Lol. But by the time he had figured that out he couldn't walk away from me. (: What? He never asked me my age. Haha. We've been together two years, and I haven't been more content and happy with my life than I am now.
  • becschneider
    Options
    I met him at martial arts, it was so nice because he fell for me even though the only times he saw me was when i was all sweaty from working out, we ended up finding a mutual like of the band incubus so we then became good friends and i used to kick his butt! (the martial arts classes got canned soon after :( ) He invited me to his place for his birthday and he asked me out that night! WOOo been together for 3 years now and living together for 2, we are saving up for a house together.... can't wait!!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    ONLINE! And january will be 13 yrs married
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I met my husband 13 years ago on Match.com. We have been married 11 years and have 2 sons.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    online, i was getting booted out of my bestfriends apartment and he drove 13 hours picked me and all my things up and whisked me away lol it was so sweet even tho he wishes he could get rid of me that easy some times
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    At work... He was my Boss! I knew he was the one from the moment I saw him... 5 years later we started dating. Been together for 3 years, and talking about marrrige!
  • Pleasedaspunch
    Options
    My bf and I met on a dating site.. Where I was listed as a lesbian HAHAA

We got talking I said I wasn't interested..
    we talked for about a month, then started texting and talking on msn..

Eventually he was like Let's meet, we can be friends can't we?

I said no for AGES!!

one night I had a fight with my housemates at the time, and I text everyone I know and no one was free to hang out..
    finally at about 11pm I text him and asked if he was busy and wanted to come play wii or hang cause I was bored and just needed a friend..

He showed up about midnight..

We didn't date for ages he kept avoiding the are we dating talk.. *we kissed that night though haha*

then about 3 months later he invited me to his dad's 50th fancy dress..
    I went as Wilma.. from the flinstones..
    He spent the whole night introducing me as his gf *He hadn't even asked me lol*
    And yeah when everyone asked how long we had been together he said since 18th March which was the date we officially met ^_^

& Here we are 7 months on Tuesday :heart:

Not as long as some of you hahaha But hey Not bad for my first Straight relationship..

I even came forward in like April and told everyone I was straight.. Haven't looked at a girl since...

ALSO! Lol someone really must of wanted us to meet *points up*
    We were both born in Adelaide, Both moved to Townsville in QLD at the same time, Then down to Victoria at the same time AND then both ended up in Adelaide at the same time.. Just didn't meet till years later haha

Far out... persistance worked in this case haha! I'm happy for you and hope things keep going well =) Although I doubt I'll be turning straight anytime soon...
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    High school been together almost 7 years married for one month today and have three children
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I picked him up in a bar. Been married 18 years. :D
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    After we had been talking online for a while we decided to meet up. It was about midnight, very bright full moon and very quiet, we went to a wharf and ate asian food.
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    My bf and I met on a dating site.. Where I was listed as a lesbian HAHAA

We got talking I said I wasn't interested..
    we talked for about a month, then started texting and talking on msn..

Eventually he was like Let's meet, we can be friends can't we?

I said no for AGES!!

one night I had a fight with my housemates at the time, and I text everyone I know and no one was free to hang out..
    finally at about 11pm I text him and asked if he was busy and wanted to come play wii or hang cause I was bored and just needed a friend..

He showed up about midnight..

We didn't date for ages he kept avoiding the are we dating talk.. *we kissed that night though haha*

then about 3 months later he invited me to his dad's 50th fancy dress..
    I went as Wilma.. from the flinstones..
    He spent the whole night introducing me as his gf *He hadn't even asked me lol*
    And yeah when everyone asked how long we had been together he said since 18th March which was the date we officially met ^_^

& Here we are 7 months on Tuesday :heart:

Not as long as some of you hahaha But hey Not bad for my first Straight relationship..

I even came forward in like April and told everyone I was straight.. Haven't looked at a girl since...

ALSO! Lol someone really must of wanted us to meet *points up*
    We were both born in Adelaide, Both moved to Townsville in QLD at the same time, Then down to Victoria at the same time AND then both ended up in Adelaide at the same time.. Just didn't meet till years later haha

Far out... persistance worked in this case haha! I'm happy for you and hope things keep going well =) Although I doubt I'll be turning straight anytime soon...

Haha its funny tho cause I told him everything I hated in a guy..
    smartassness.. Southern cross tattoo's, I dont date ppl shorter then me, I hate facial hair on guys.. I hate ppl that wear hats constantly..

AND He has/is all of that lol
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Met my boyfriend on plenty of fish lololol. That was a year and one month ago :blushing:
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Met my boyfriend on plenty of fish lololol. That was a year and one month ago :blushing:

mine too :D a year and 4 months ago
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Four years ago via online dating. OKCupid to be exact.
  • Missmarchmommy
    Options
    i met him threw my bestfriend they went to high school together we have been married for 2yrs together for 6 yrs and have an awesome 18 month old son
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Was best friends with her neighbor, we met (actually had met before, but that was just a short introduction when she had a boyfriend) at a 4th of july party