how did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse?

Options

Replies

• alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    These are fun to read :)

I met my husband about 10 years ago, after I moved to a new city with my family. I would hang out at my sister's apartment bc I didn't know anyone yet, and my husband was friends with her boyfriend at the time (she moved there before I did, I was in college at the time). My husband says he liked me as soon as he saw me, but we were friends at first. He really wasn't my "type" (what did I know, lol), and I had just gotten out of a relationship and was trying to enjoy being single. Eventually we started dating and here we are, 10 years, a few states, 2 dogs, and 1 amazing son later :)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    @ a factory, got fired the first time after only workin there for 3 days came back thru a different temp agency after 9months and a month later got with my fiance worked there for 3.5 years he's still workin there
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i met my husband online in a chat room. we both had significant others at the time, so we were just friends. things ended around the same time and he came to visit me in utah (from seattle) for a week. the next month i went to seattle for christmas/new years and the next april i moved to seattle to be with him :) we have a 4 and 5 year old, and just celebrated our 6th anniversary last month
  • Pleasedaspunch
    Options
    forever%2Balone%2Bface.png
    LOL Here have some pizza...or not :/
    forever-alone-pizza.jpg
  • amygee05nb
    Options
    forever%2Balone%2Bface.png

LOL same
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    at work
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    He was my instructor at a vocational college and I had a stupid schoolgirl crush on him. :flowerforyou: Funny thing was, I had just come out of an engagement when I met him, and I had sworn off relationships for awhile. Then he walked into class, and I turned to my classmate and said, "Holy f***, I am in trouble." Never been so attracted to someone at first sight like that before. I was pissed when I found out he was the teacher and not a classmate.

Anyway, I was a good little student and didn't dare compromise my reputation by flirting. Once we were no longer student/teacher, he started hanging out with my classmates and I (he's only 1.5 years older than me, and it is very common for instructors and students to become friends at this school, so this isn't as weird as it sounds). Eventually, we became friends...and eventually, he fell for me, too. Yay!
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    Online. Been with him since 2007. He is the greatest man on earth.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    WoW, World of Warcraft
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I haven't meet him yet :P lol where the hell are you?

I second that...lol
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    College math class, we were classmates, Oh I hated him, he was always so happy and loud (AT 8:15AM!!!), he sat in front of the class, and I sat in the back, little by little he made his way back and sat next to me, we started talking, been together 3 years, married for 2 with a 4 month old baby boy.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Met him at a sand volleyball court when I was 15 or so, he was 17. We dated for like a week and then I dumped him for his friend (whom I dated for 6 years). We stayed friends throughout that time. He married and divorced. We dated again briefly and then he moved to another state. While he was away I had a kid with someone else (can anyone say sperm donor?). Just before my daughter's 1st birthday he called me after not talking for a while (no reason for the absence, just life). I went to see him for a week 3 months later and 5 months after that he moved back "home". We have been happily married for 7 years, together for 10.

And BTW, his friend (that I dumped him for) was in our wedding and our kids are the best of friends and we regularly have his ex-wife and her daughter over...
  • jmmaple
    jmmaple Posts: 10
    Options
    met mine through my own brothers and dad........my mom and dad divorced when i was real young my 2 brothers went to Ca while I stayed with my mom in Minn. as we got older I came to Ca. to visit and ended up staying at my brothers house. My brother would have poker parties at his house and there I met my future husband. My dad and brothers knew of my husband now for 10 years before he knew they had a real sister. I'm still him today and very very happy and I always thought if my dad didn't tell me he was bad guy then I knew he must of been ok for me. We been married 23 yrs now and together 25
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Met my husband at club hell on fetish night of all times lmao my friend begged me to go and i didnt feel like it but i ended up meeting him, he was living an hour a way and is in the military so i feel it was def fate lol
    we dated for 5 months got married and have been married for 6 years together for 6 1/2 have 2 gorgeous kids and been through deployments and lots of moving but i am so in love lol
  • spottedlee
    Options
    At Denney's restaurant. I often went there when I got off work (swing shift) he was often there before going to work at 5am,, eventually,, we fainally got around to chat and married the following year. We were married 6 and half year before he died of cancer on Oct 18, 1988. We have 2 lovely girls. Still in love with him,,................
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Met him at a sand volleyball court when I was 15 or so, he was 17. We dated for like a week and then I dumped him for his friend (whom I dated for 6 years). We stayed friends throughout that time. He married and divorced. We dated again briefly and then he moved to another state. While he was away I had a kid with someone else (can anyone say sperm donor?). Just before my daughter's 1st birthday he called me after not talking for a while (no reason for the absence, just life). I went to see him for a week 3 months later and 5 months after that he moved back "home". We have been happily married for 7 years, together for 10.

And BTW, his friend (that I dumped him for) was in our wedding and our kids are the best of friends and we regularly have his ex-wife and her daughter over...

Love your story....if ti meant to be, it will be!!!....so romantic!!! Love it!!!!!!
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That is how my fiancee and I are. We met on facebook. we talked back a forth a few times before my ex and I got together (also online on a site called zoosk) then we stopped talking. After my ex and I broke up I was lookingat some old stuff on facebook and saw a message from Cameron that I never saw so it got us talking again. We taked for a few weeks before finally meeting. The night of our first day I got sick but he came anyways andmade me dinner and we watched movies. I was better the next day so he drove the hour again to come see me. We made it official a few weeks later. We were one week shy of being together 10 months when he proposed (July 1st) and our wedng is set for June 23rd. I couldn't have askd for a better man.
    I know some people frown upon it but I met my husband online...On a site named "Tagged"...The way I look at it meeting someone online is no different than meeting them anywhere else...He lived in another state and we would have never met if not for the 'net...We lived an hour and a half apart and put a lot of miles on our cars (alternating weekends) and 9 months after meeting we were engaged...he transferred to my city and we have been married for a year (so far)...
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I met my husband working at Cracker Barrel... haha :) He had just transferred from a different restaurant, and I was a new hire. We became friends, and then I started going to his church as well. We started dating about 6 months after we met... dated for 3 years, and then got married last summer.

It's been a wonderful experience. I am very thankful that we met... I almost didn't even apply at that Cracker Barrel!! How crazy is that? My life would be SO different right now if I just drove past instead of putting in an application!

We have now been married for a little over a year, and together we have a ministry for international students that has been a wonderful experience... I'm very happy. :)
  • buddha5050
    buddha5050 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are highschool sweethearts, we have been together for 15 years. Now we have four children and are as happy as ever:love:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Online. Facebook... but through a mutual friend at the same time.