how did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse?

Options

Replies

• noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I met him at work ~ he was working part time for another photographer while establishing his own business. When he left he took me with him to work as his office manager / assistant & the rest is history. That happened 21 years ago! :heart:
  • STrubacz
    Options
    I met mine online as well... Craigslist of all places. Frightening, huh?!?! Turns out we attended the same church and didn't know it!

We've been together for 2 years and married for almost 1. Couldn't be happier!
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    At a bar! Been together 10 yrs, married 6!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    forever%2Balone%2Bface.png
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Online. We've been together for 12 years & married for 6 years next month. I have to say, I'm surprised to see how many other people met their spouses the same way!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I haven't meet him yet :P lol where the hell are you?

this!
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    love all of the online stories! That is awesome! I met mine hanging out downtown at a show, but I always joke that I picked him up on the side of the road ;) lol
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I met my wife at a hay ride, she turned out to be my sweetheart in high school and one of my best friends. I've eventually worn her down with my antics and my natural aversion to being a smart azz and about 1/3 of the days she can't stand me. One of these days she will most likely hit me in the head with a hammer to knock some sense into me. :-D
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I met mine through my best friend at the time (her brother) I knew her since I was 7 but never remember meeting her brother even though their mom says I did. Had a crush on on him when I did meet him at 14 but he showed no real interest till I was 18 I figure since he was 4 years older that's a good thing lol Been together for 14 years married for 13 :)
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I meet my husband kind of at work/coffee shop. On my way walking to work I would pass a coffee shop with a patio, he would be there every morning sitting outside with 3 of his co-workers! He started saying good morning to me...a few months later he asked me to have a coffee, then turned to lunches, then to dinners and now we are married for 5 years with two beautiful girls!! :smile:
  • MARI1010
    MARI1010 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, I need tips as well.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Online as well.
  • bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    At Six Flags standing in line for a water ride. : )

We met and started dating seriously about 2- 2 1/2 years later on 7/7/07.
    I moved in with him when I was 17 (Oct 2007) and have been inseperable ever since.
    Now we're getting married in 4 weeks (11/11/11)!

High School sweethearts basically that met at Six Flags about an hr away from where either of us lived. We didn't even live in the same city until I moved in!

I LOVE HIM! :heart:
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    we made eye contact across a crowded kitchen, i was standing on a table, in a leather jacket and was just lowering a jello shot (NOT my finest/normal moment) but I saw this attractive/mysterious/athletic/6' 4" guy looking over at me- he ended up walking stumbling me (and my friends) home (in a very gentleman-ly way--- he got my number a day later from a mutual friend) and is now my significant! he doesn't hold that wild-child first impression against me ;)
    Needless to say, we don't share that story with our parents/distant aquantances.....
    We arent THAT crazy ;)
  • jtsmith34
    jtsmith34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We met through Craigslist...I know that sounds really bad. I had posted an ad looking for someone to hang out with, I wasn't looking for anything serious. I had just gotten out of an almost 3 year relationship 4 months earlier and wasn't ready to date. We talked online for about a month before we decided to meet. We met at a Barnes and Noble and hit it off. We dated for a little over a year then got engaged. We've now been married for over 3 years and have an 18 month old daughter. The day before our wedding at our rehearsal we found out that my uncle and his dad had been roommates in college 30 years eariler. Also, both of his parents and my mom graduated from the same university around the same time. I think it was meant to be :smile:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    We met at work. He was the assistant manager. I was just a regular employee. I was 18, he was 26. We've been happily married for 35 years this past July. Today he'd get fired for dating an employee. Sad really. I knew when I started dating what he was like to those he managed, how respectful he was to his boss and to older employees, and that he had a strong work ethic and a great sense of humor. I knew because I had observed him interact with others. Today that's a big "No." I get the abuse of power that the laws were designed to prevent but those "power over" shenanigans still happen.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i met him at a bar called the "electric cowboy" (said in my most redneck voice) in 1998. broke it off after 4 months and reunited in 2000. married in 2001 and been together ever since.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I was testifying in court and she was a defense attorney. We meet, divorced our others and married...now for 17 years...people laugh about the fact me as a police officer and her as a defense attorney but we never talked shop. The only thing I know is I'm going to hell...why...have you ever heard of a lawyer in heaven?
  • Pleasedaspunch
    Options
    Bump. Haven't met them yet =)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    We met online in September of 1999, and had our first date twelve years ago today! We've been inseparable since, and we'll be married 10 years next month.