Sexy in Six Round 2 ***closed group*** Week 3

Options

Replies

• suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday: I know weight loss takes up a lot time in our lives. What are some of the hobbies or activities you like to do outside of the gym in your spare time?

Making soaps and lotions, and other body products, and reading. I used to write, but my muse left me for another woman...or maybe it was a man. I dunno. All I know is she is no longer whispering in MY ear, hehehe.

I have other smaller interests, but those are the ones I really miss when time gets too tight.
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    First of all HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! We made it to another weigh in!!

ok back to business :-) Thursday QOTD

as I have mentioned before I am a horse trainer - so its my job and horses don't count as free time :-) so on to other interests -

My husbands into white water kayaking, I haven't done white water yet but I've Thought about it LOL. some weekends if I'm not working we through the canoe on the car and go do a flat water paddle. We also LOVE garage sailing and recreating the budget shows on HGTV in our little house together. Getting the two bassett hound riled up is always entertaining. And spending time with our friends and neighbors over a few cocktails is something I always enjoy!

In December were going to Nashville for our honeymoon so next week we start 2 step lessons! i am excited about that too!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday: I know weight loss takes up a lot time in our lives. What are some of the hobbies or activities you like to do outside of the gym in your spare time?

I love spending time with my two black labs, Chelsea and Mindy Lu. I also enjoy reading, photography and scrapbooking. And I love visiting all of the Ohio wineries near where I live. I also enjoy traveling and have two trips coming up: NYC in December and a Caribbean cruise in March. I can't wait. The cruise is what finally got me motivated enough to lose some weight and start taking care of myself.
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I hang out with friends every Tuesday night and then I like to work around the house. We bought a fixer upper and there are always things to do like paint, drywall, skim coat our plaster walls, etc. I do all of the finishing work around the house so that takes up time, though now that we're getting the shorter days, my work time is drastically shortened. Oh, and football every Sunday. I'm doing horrible in my fantasy league but I still enjoy watching my team (Steelers) when its actually televised. I live outside of Philly so you can imagine that I don't get the Pittsburgh game on as much as I'd like. 4:05 game this week though, so hoping its on.
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i QOTD Thursday: I know weight loss takes up a lot time in our lives. What are some of the hobbies or activities you like to do outside of the gym in your spare time?

I love to read just about anything I can get my hands on! I also ski, paint, and I am addicted to SCUBA.

But can I just say, what an amazing group of women with diverse interests! You all are so interesting! :happy:
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday: Since it's Friday, a fun question: Who is your style icon? Who's look do you admire, and how do you emulate it? This can include a fitness role model, but doesn't have to.

I think that my look is a combination of Emma Pillsbury from Glee, Audrey Hepburn, and Miss Piggy. :tongue: I love the cardigans and skirts, the retro jewelry, and the vintage feminine styles.

Sheryl Yvette is a style icon of mine too, as well as a weight loss and fitness inspiration. http://www.sherylyvette.com/
  • mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thursday question of the day: In my free time I love playing with my 14 month old. Hes an amazing little guy who im loving watch learn new things every day. I also enjoy going to our local short track and watching racing. As well I am very much a soap opera nut. So I love watchiing my shows haha!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Well, not much. Right now it's reading & homework, but I do play co-ed softball and playing with my 18 month old granddaughter.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options

Well, I'm definitely learning that working out is a hobby. I have always liked to be active but this whole, "can i go home and workout until i sweat tears?!" mentality is way new! It's very empowering and i lvoe that.

That being said, i'm a massive bookworm. I'll read anything. literally. My favorites are memoirs, historical fiction, love stories (not the corny kind, the kind where they fall in love against all odds and have to struggle and blah blah blah :wink:), and a particular author, Chuck Palahunik. My favorite book hands-down, no questions is Gone with the Wind. No joke, my first born daughter is going to be named Scarlett. It's a damn good thing my fiancee likes it too! :tongue:

I am just starting at an amazing university in January to finish my Bachelors in Psychology. I can't believe i got accepted (it's a private, research university, among the best for the field i'm entering) and i'm completely stoked for it to start. :bigsmile: I am lucky to work for a company that pays for 100% of my tuition if i attend their school (i work for an online university and for me, online is the best way. i have NO time to go to a campus!). I did attend for a little while and i love it but i want to move on to this (more prestigious) university in January. Schoolwork is a hobby these days. More accurately, doing the best i possibly can is my hobby!

My family is a HUGE part of my life. I mean extended as well as my immediate family. I have an older brother, by about 5 years, who I'm so proud of-. He's been accepted to various art schools and is moving to North Carolina soon, where my cousins are (with my 7 month old munchkin of a cousin, little Olivia :happy: so jealous!). Over the past year he and i have totally grown up and really become friends so that's an amazing feeling. I'm really close with my parents but i'll never claim to have a perfect relationship! but we all love each other fiercely and unconditionally. I'm dealing with a very close family member, my aunt, fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I'm scared to death like you can't even imagine but seeing her fight has given me a new perspective on life and what is important. My aunt is going through hell right now but she still, somehow, has a smile on her face. She is quite amazing. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lastly, WEDDING PLANNING! I have no date set and we've been engaged for 2 years (which annoys me but we're working it out!) yet i've been planning and looking and everything for about a year and a half. :laugh: Come time to pull everything together, it'll be cake because of the leg work i've done already! I love watching silly wedding shows (Say Yes to the Dress, Bridezillas, Four Weddings, etc).

I really really loved this question. Sorry i went on for so long! it makes you think though.It's so easy to fall into a lifestyle of JUST concentrating on weight loss and health and such which is great- in moderation! (lol, just like junk food!). Life is so much more than that. The journies we are on are a part of the big, beautiful, and full of endless possibilities lives that we do lead. I'm so happy to be a part of a community who shares these beliefs in common and are here to be supported and for me to support. I'm definitely the "mama hen" kind of person so i really do enjoy hearing about your struggles and how i might be able to help, even if it's just listening and of course, hearing about your successes. Keep it going, my Sexy in Six friends! Keep in mind- you're already sexy and beautiful- this is just making you better! :flowerforyou:

Check out this poem. One of my favs.

Don't Quit
    by: Unknown Author

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.

When care is pressing you down a bit.
    Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns
    As every one of us sometimes learns.

And many a failure turns about
    When he might have won had he stuck it out:

Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
    You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out -
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.

And you never can tell how close you are.
    It may be near when it seems so far:

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday: Since it's Friday, a fun question: Who is your style icon? Who's look do you admire, and how do you emulate it? This can include a fitness role model, but doesn't have to.

Truthfully- no one. I have my own style and I'd like to think I dress very well. I wear a lot of dresses and high heels for a flirty look. But I also love to wear boyfriend jeans with tight shirts, long necklaces, or tight jeans or leggings with long shirts and boyfriend blazers... always accessorizing. I also have a ton of hats/scarves/ coats to keep me warm and add to the look. I have never really looked through/read magazines.
  • sarahkatara
    Options

as I have mentioned before I am a horse trainer - so its my job and horses don't count as free time :-) so on to other interests -

My husbands into white water kayaking, I haven't done white water yet but I've Thought about it LOL. some weekends if I'm not working we through the canoe on the car and go do a flat water paddle. We also LOVE garage sailing and recreating the budget shows on HGTV in our little house together. Getting the two bassett hound riled up is always entertaining. And spending time with our friends and neighbors over a few cocktails is something I always enjoy!

In December were going to Nashville for our honeymoon so next week we start 2 step lessons! i am excited about that too!

I love scrapbooking too! i'm a serial picture-taker. i had close to 1000 pics from a one week vacation this summer! haven't really sat down to make a book in awhile but i think i will be doing that for those vaca pics. it's so calming yet fun! glad to see someone else appreciates scrapbooking. it tends to be forgotten as an art. it really is though :)
  • sarahkatara
    Options

I love scrapbooking too! i'm a serial picture-taker. i had close to 1000 pics from a one week vacation this summer! haven't really sat down to make a book in awhile but i think i will be doing that for those vaca pics. it's so calming yet fun! glad to see someone else appreciates scrapbooking. it tends to be forgotten as an art. it really is though :)
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

I am perhaps the most un-styled person I know. I live my life in jeans and tee shirts...sometimes a sweatshirt or a sweater. But if I had a reason to be styled, I would gravitate towards the '40s era. I love that time period when it comes to beauty and fashion. It symbolizes a time when a woman could be tough as nails, and do what had to be done...but she also showed how she could be soft and feminine and beautiful in so many ways.
  • anettabon
    anettabon Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I love reading, I've just been borrowing books left and right. I spend a lot of time on planes, so reading is something that I can look forward to every week when I travel. Based on my answer below, I should probably develop the hobby of shopping and finding my style.

Yikes... I need to figure this out, I don't think I have a style icon. Right now, I mostly exist in work clothes (dress pants, polos or sweaters, black flats). Since I work in a lot of places where there is machinery, I can't even wear dresses, skirts, or heals. When I'm not in work clothes, I'm usually in workout clothes or jeans and a tshirt. or in one of the 3 dresses I own when going out... I feel like I'm at the age where I need to develop my own sense of style, but it's an intimidating thing to start. I'd ideally like to settle on something interesting, but classically influenced, but that doesn't make much sense. I get a bonus the end of this month, so I'm probably going to put some money aside for clothes shopping and make that a reward when I get down to a good goal weight. My boyfriend has an awesome sense of style, so I'll probably drag him along to make shopping more bearable :)
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I don't have an answer for this. I've hated clothes shopping for the past few years since I never liked how anything looked on me. Now that I've dropped a few sizes, I am starting to not hate it so much. Once I get to my goal weight, I plan on doing a major closet overhaul. I am a CPA working in what is still a male-dominated field (at least at my level), and being short doesn't help, especially when I am the only female manager a meeting, so I would love to buy some stylish power suits for work. Boring perhaps, but it will make me feel great at work.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

My mom-in-law. Seriously. She's cool.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

Reading, and anything filled with craftiness :)
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

I think that my look is a combination of Emma Pillsbury from Glee, Audrey Hepburn, and Miss Piggy. :tongue: I love the cardigans and skirts, the retro jewelry, and the vintage feminine styles.

Sheryl Yvette is a style icon of mine too, as well as a weight loss and fitness inspiration. http://www.sherylyvette.com/

Well.... that's a hard one for me. No one specific, kind of a little bit of it all. Since losing weight, I like to try all different kinds of styles.

Someone I admire is a lady at the gym. I noticed her on the free weight side of the gym. Finally talked to her. She's 54, lost 80 pounds and has kept it off for 5 years. She's very defined (muscle wise) and teaches an ab class and butt & glutes class. She told me patience. It will come - just keep at it and be patient.
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I love to dance and I've also picked up sewing. :0)

FRIDAY:
    My look is all over the place. I love clothes from Anthropology and Zara.
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    how are we posting weigh ins?? Is there a spreadsheet?