OMG this is sooo frustrating, there are carbs EVERYWHERE

Options
I logged my eggs this morning and even they have carbs in them. Cheese has carbs, meat has carbs. I keep going over my 50g daily carbs and I know thats why I'm loosing weight so slowly.

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It also could be because you aren't taking in enough calories.... In my humble opinion.
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    Honey from what I understand there are carbs in most things we eat. I was told by my weightloss surgeon...to stay away from the bad carbs like...bread, white rice, pasta..things like that. Give it a try and see what happens. Oh was also told to eat lots of color..the more colorful the food is the better it is for you. Hope this helps..
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    There's really no such thing as zero carbs (unless you're eating non-cured meats). If you're on a low carb eating plan, you will still need to consume some. What else are you eating other than eggs cheese and meat?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I eat about 1900-2400 calories a day with about 150-170 grams of those being carbs. I haven't had any problem losing 1-2 pounds a week like that. (and I'm shorter, lighter and older than you -- and female)

I think Rachel6503 might be on to something! Are you eating enough?
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    Lean meats, chicken and seafood should have no carbs.

But I feel your pain, I need to limit my carbs too, it's not as easy as it sounds!
  • mdmarcha
    Options
    @cocoMa

I also eat broccoli, califlower, green beans, a very occasional 3oz sweet potatoes, and some nuts.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Try gluten free products as well..

you know what I hate and find frustrating...there is skinny people EVERYWHERE...
  • awkwwward
    Options
    At some point you will realize there is NO such thing as zero carb and that it's better for you to eat GOOD carbs (whole grains, legumes, fruit in moderation, etc.) than to avoid them entirely. You also might not be eating anywhere near enough cals since low carb foods are generally only high in protein but not that high in cals in total
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do better carb choices instead of avoiding them so i dont eat bread (unless desperate), pasta, white rice etc but i do still eat bananas, i have sweet potatoes, oat cakes etc. There is nothing wrong with eating any of the things i have listed, it is all about moderation and what works for you

I found i lost 1lb in 5 days by switching my carbs around which has been very quick for me. Of course i was still exercising and driking lots of water etc!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Not all carbs are the same, some are worse than others.
  • mdmarcha
    Options
    @upearly

Yes, my signature has not been updated, but my friend talked me in to 2000cal/day. Just like the guy in the movie fathead did.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I logged my eggs this morning and even they have carbs in them. Cheese has carbs, meat has carbs. I keep going over my 50g daily carbs and I know thats why I'm loosing weight so slowly.

You could be losing weight slowly because:

1. You miscalculated what your TDEE is and are either severly undereating or barely eating a deficit.

2. You are battling with some water weight because you either are taking in too much sodium or you aren't drinking enough water/fluids.

You don't have to limit yourself to 50g of carbs a day.
  • awkwwward
    Options
    @cocoMa

I also eat broccoli, califlower, green beans, a very occasional 3oz sweet potatoes, and some nuts.

How are you possibly hitting all your cal limits? Even if you ate all of the above at every meal + a steak, you'd still be having trouble....
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    1500 calories for a guy your height is really low, and you want to weigh 150? isn't that under weight for your height.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of cheese you are eating but the stuff I am eating has no carbs...I can't see your good diary so I can't see where you could tweek things BUT lean meats, seafood etc. is where majority of my calories come from, I eat between 50 - 100g carbs a day and I eat fruits, veggies and meats.

The carbs in veggies are NOT bad for you, so you should eat them. How long have you been doing low carb? It takes a while to find balance but once you do you will be fine.
  • kbrown1171
    Options
    There are good carbs too. Plus something with carbs but high in fiber is excellent for you. I'm notu sure what you'd find with no carbs and you probably shouldn't go that route anyway. I'm on a pretty low carb diet but find I have to consume some or else my blood sugar drops so drastically that I can't function. You have to be careful of that. Good luck.
  • lambdafu
    lambdafu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    50g daily carbs? Who gave you that idea? Just eat a variety of food and stay within the daily calory limit that MFP tells you.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

No, you're losing weight so slowly because losing weight isn't a quick process, for starters. It has nothing to do with the number of carbs you are eating, unless you are trying to go Paleo diet and switch your body to ketosis mode. Even if you are doing that, 50g for a guy your size is still less than you can safely eat and still be in Ketosis. You should be around 100g at least.

Secondly, in my experience, there are two REAL reasons why people don't lose weight.

1 - Over estimating calories burned
    2 - Under estimating calorie intake

These can be compounded by not tracking everything you eat (Binging and not logging that day)

Log accurately, and buy a BodyMedia FIT or other HRM to accurately track calories burned, and you WILL lose weight.
  • mdmarcha
    Options
    I have been trying to do better carb choices instead of avoiding them so i dont eat bread (unless desperate), pasta, white rice etc but i do still eat bananas, i have sweet potatoes, oat cakes etc. There is nothing wrong with eating any of the things i have listed, it is all about moderation and what works for you

I found i lost 1lb in 5 days by switching my carbs around which has been very quick for me. Of course i was still exercising and driking lots of water etc!

Aren't oats a "white carb"?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    1500 calories for a guy your height is really low, and you want to weigh 150? isn't that under weight for your height.

Yes it is underweight for his height, I'm 6'2 and 180 is in the goal range.
This discussion has been closed.