Hubba Hubba for the Holidays! (CLOSED GRP) - YES!!

Options

Replies

• kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Steven wrote this about the signatures - "Hi Members, Thanks for voicing your concerns about the changes with signatures and tickers. Signatures were becoming very difficult to manage, as many members were adding multiple images, paragraphs of text, and three tickers. Some message boards had room for about six posts before leaping to page 2, as a result. So, when we added Groups as a new feature, we adjusted signatures to allow only for the inclusion of MFP tickers. It was a trade-off for usability of the message boards ..." I also read that it was taking more time for the mods since it was more to read/police making sure there weren't inappropriate pics/wording, etc. in the signatures.

bluiz13(Denise) - Thanks for posting your comparison pics for us! As you saw, I did drop you off of the chart since you won't be logging weight or measurements very often. But we will be glad to have you stay with us for support and chatter!

julidav - I'm glad the spot on your mom's liver isn't cancer. We will definitely be here for you as you go through this with her. If you want, you can weigh in the morning and I'll still use it for this week. Either way...

stressd1mom - Thanks for your post about adding strength training. I was doing better at it before but have gotten lax with that side of my exercising. I figured I'd hit it better/harder when I was 10 lbs away from my goal when my muscles would show more and not be so buried under the fluffy. But based on what you shared, and since I'm not getting any younger, I definitely need to get back to incorporating it! I have known that muscle burns more calories, etc.. but I guess I've gotten a little lazy. It's just been easier to let my lower body do most of the work, even though I try to challenge it. I am going to check out the new rules of lifting for women and I also have an older Joyce Vedral book that's a good program also.

NewImproved2011 - I like your new profile pic/saying!

gmomlyn - Who knows... Maybe you had a loss anyway because your body enjoyed having a little break. Whatever the reason is, I think it is fantastic for you!

vallejos6 - Yay for your treadmill arriving!

Niveous - I'm glad your body quit being so stubborn! You sure have been patient.

petiteerant - Thanks for posting and checking in with us! I'm so glad you're doing better!

Did anyone else notice that "fatchristine" changed her name? Yay! She is trim-for-me-cmb (trimformecmb) now!

annehdavis - I'll definitely have you in our next group! Hopefully we'll all move over to the next one. I've sure been enjoying this group A LOT. I guess I'll put my stats in my info part also.

alisons7598 - Since you're so close to your Hubba Hubba end goal, why not change the goal and give yourself a little more of a challenge? Also, thanks for the mini challenge!

Ladies, we really have some inspiring weight losers in our group!

I'm sorry that almost every time I post lately, it is a book! It seems that I don't have any time for days and then I have a pocket of time that I can finally respond!
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    Did anyone else notice that "fatchristine" changed her name? Yay! She is trim-for-me-cmb (trimformecmb) now!

I didn't notice that...but yeah.....yay! A good name change!

BTW....I will be moving along with everyone into the Easter challenge for sure. Don't know how much more weight, if any, I'll lose in this Hubba challenge.....but whether I lose more or not, I definately don't want to gain what I lost back. I'll need the next challenge to help keep me accountable. Keeping the weight off is going to be the hardest thing for me.

Lyn
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    thanks for letting me stick around kristen.....i really like having a group to chat and share things with.....even though i'm not weighing i really feel strongly about staying on track and having accountability in a group helps....this is my 2nd day of being under my sodium by just changing up my breakfast choice....i have prelogged everything for today except tonight's snack and im only at about 1200mg so far....i'm hoping that incorporating less sodium filled foods will help me jumpstart my losing....i have been "stuck" in the 170s for almost 5 months....up and down and up and down but at least im not going into the 180s anymore - well except for one day early last week which really pissed me off....that is why i put the scale away.....i'm doing what i know i have to do to get to where i want to be and eventually the number on the scale will catch up to what i'm doing....i love the New Rules program for the strength training, i have been "lifting" since july but started on my own mid october with this program and love the plan...i'm looking forward to stage 2 at the start of december with more exercises....the 1/2 marathon training is underway for my race at the end of february and i love how i'm improving my times each run....it feels great to have power with both cardio and wt programs....anyway, sorry for the book, i just wanted to catch up a bit....hope you all have a fabulous day...
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I just realized I didn't post on Monday, I've been in a funk lately. However, I'm trying very hard to change that!

09/05: 256
    09/12: 252.5
    09/19: 252.0
    09/26: 250.5
    10/03: <<<mini goal weight>>> 249 --- Actual weight 250.00
    10/10: 247.0
    10/17: 247.0
    10/24: 249.0 (I'm bloated this am, I was 245.5 on Thursday.)
    10/31: <<<mini goal weight>>> 247 ---actual weight 250.00
    11/07: 249
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28: <<<mini goal weight>>> 239
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24: <<<challenge goal weight>>> 234
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I just realized I didn't post on Monday, I've been in a funk lately. However, I'm trying very hard to change that!

11/14:
    11/21:
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:

sorry about the funk......what has helped me in the past has been to MAKE myself workout(exercise releases the happy hormones)and being positive, not looking at the big picture, but at the daily, weekly, monthly accomplishments....feel better :flowerforyou:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i agree with pam...making a plan and sticking to it even if it is day by day helps get me and keep me on track.....exercise does 100% give you a positive boost - it's the chemical release for sure....get a workout in and you will feel better i promise...
    denise

11/14:
    11/21:
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I want my siggiie back boohooo....

All these changes n mfp have me a bit off skelter. I find even on the worse days and it has been a horrible year for me exercise is my savior. Just 30 minutes a day boost your spirits. Hugs to all that need em:)
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try something new today. I want to add walking. Moderate paced walking in addition to my regular workout. Just got the cardio trainer app on my phone and I'm itching to try it out.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I will have to change up my exercise for a while. My back has been hurting lately so aerobics
    is out of the question for a while until I feel better.
    I think I will do some Yoga that might help.
    Have a good week everyone and good luck with next week's weigh in.
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good luck to ya'll changing up your exercise routines, hope you find something that works for you! I'm using my new treadmill, and glad to be back to regular exercise. I got a 2 1/2 mile run in last night, which, while it wasn't super pleasant, wasn't as bad as I was expecting, LOL. Tonight is walking hills. While I'm pretty sure this coming week's weigh in won't be good, I know I"m back on the right track and feeling good (which is way more important than any number on the scale!)

Shirley, yoga sounds great, I may see if I can convince hubby to join me in some of that on Saturday!

~~Veronica
  • Pam3
    Options
    I will have to change up my exercise for a while. My back has been hurting lately so aerobics
    is out of the question for a while until I feel better.
    I think I will do some Yoga that might help.
    Have a good week everyone and good luck with next week's weigh in.

when my back was hurting yoga really help, also doing extra stretches will also be good...feel better:flowerforyou:
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Well girls....keep your fingers crossed for me. Going out tonight with my boyfriend for our two year anniversary. I think that he is going to ask me that very important question!!! Will let you all know how it turns out :blushing:
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Well girls....keep your fingers crossed for me. Going out tonight with my boyfriend for our two year anniversary. I think that he is going to ask me that very important question!!! Will let you all know how it turns out :blushing:

Keep us posted!!!

I have not been good about logging food/exercise - but although not logging, things in that department have improved. I think that will be my goal for next week - to get back to tracking again.

Best wishes for a wondrous weekend!

Hugs,
    Amy
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...can't wait to hear......but have a great evening regardless......i am sure you will look fantastic too!!!
  • nwohler
    nwohler Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on my Wii Fit every Friday morning, and this morning I realized that I am only 6 pounds away from the "overweight" category. This is so exciting and a great reinforcement for me. The last couple of weeks I've continued tracking but was eating whatever I wanted, but on Thursday something clicked in me. I think it was the understanding that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner, and I don't want my weight to creep back up and I want to look good when I see my family for the holidays. Thank you to all you Hubba Hubba's for your encouraging words! Good luck with your weigh in this week!

09/05: 231.3
    09/12: 227.3
    09/19: 226.4
    09/26: 225.3
    10/03: 225.1 Mini Goal 226
    10/10: 223.5
    10/17: 222.2
    10/24: 221.3
    10/31: 222.0 Mini Goal 221
    11/07: 221.1
    11/14: 220.0
    11/21:
    11/28: Mini Goal 216
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24: Final Goal 210
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options

I'm out and about but HAD to stop and comment on this... Woooo hooo! I hope it all works out for you!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

woohooo
  • Pam3
    Options

OMG!!!!good luck....and have a great time:drinker:
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options

How exciting! Definately keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)
    Lyn
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Awwwww good luck I hope tonight is the night!!