Hubba Hubba for the Holidays! (CLOSED GRP) - YES!!

Options

Replies

• kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge: Reconnect with someone.

I know it's not weight loss related, but it is always good to have people and supporters in your life. It can be a family member you haven't talked to in awhile, or an old friend you've lost touch with. Write an email, make a phone call, or go out for coffee.

I like this challenge because I have lost touch with a few friends since I moved and started working.

I like the new mini challenge and I like Time's new pic!
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Highly doubt i'll reach my goal unless I manage to drop 12 pounds in the next 3 weeks, definately harder than I thought it'd be! Anyways scales says i'm back up to 193 at this point I just want to get out of the 190s and go back in time to the 80s! I'd certaintly love to do the Easter challenge. I wanted to reach my goal weight of 175 next spring but it looks like i've been struggling to lose 20 these last 4 months so I will aim for a smaller loss of 10-15 this time around. Great job to all of this weeks losers!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    180.0 for me this week .

Kristen, I'm sorry! I totally didn't see your post this week! I have it fixed on the next chart. :blushing:
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All. Busy time (isn't it always?). I know to have results on the scale, I need to make some life changes, or things will stay as they are. The tough part is, none of it is an easy fix.

I'm sure we are all in the same boat!

Many hugs to all,

Amy :0)
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I am very proud of you ladies for sticking to it. We will meet our goals..like life we have to make adjustments when we are overwhelmed when it doesnt go as planned. Thanks for sharing your journey with me and I would love to continue to set new goals with you Ladies!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Well, ladies I have been fooling myself with my ticker weight which showed 24 lbs.
    lost. I readjusted it yesterday to 17 lbs. lost. I have been plateauing for a while
    and trying to get down again to that 24 lbs. for months. So I am starting again
    to get to 168 lbs. which I was. My true goal is to get to the 150's and that would be awesome.
    I am trying to lose for health reasons. I love this challenge because it makes me be
    accountable for every pound.

Veronica- Thanks for the tip on the average American, it made me feel better about
    my struggle.

Congratulations to all the losers this week. Keep it up you are doing fantastic.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i too will be doing this on january 1st if not before....i've been "carrying" 172 forward since 10/31 even though i've been jumping between 174 and 178 since....i've been hoping that my efforts to get it back down to my lowest would work but they havent lol so i'll get real and post the actual on my next jump on the scale....better to be true with myself and my friends to help push me harder to get into the 160s...
    thanks shirley for the encouragement,
    denise

Well, ladies I have been fooling myself with my ticker weight which showed 24 lbs.
    lost. I readjusted it yesterday to 17 lbs. lost. I have been plateauing for a while
    and trying to get down again to that 24 lbs. for months. So I am starting again
    to get to 168 lbs. which I was. My true goal is to get to the 150's and that would be awesome.
    I am trying to lose for health reasons. I love this challenge because it makes me be
    accountable for every pound.

Veronica- Thanks for the tip on the average American, it made me feel better about
    my struggle.

Congratulations to all the losers this week. Keep it up you are doing fantastic.
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    Good morning, all! Christmas caroling with all my Girl Scouts was wonderful last night. We had a good turn out of girls and the seniors we sang for enjoyed us. In the past we sang at nursing homes, but the past 3 years we've been going to a senior citizen housing complex. These seniors are amazing! They are so full of life! I think there were about 40 seniors there last night. They sang along with the girls....and after my girls sang, we went around to all the tables with cookies and other goodies they baked, and spent the next 40 minutes chatting with all the folks there. My 3 granddaughters also made felt mice candy cane ornaments for all the seniors. When we first got there and I saw so many seniors there, I was worried there wasn't going to be enough ornaments for all....but everyone got one. The best part for me was when we were leaving, my 8th grade troop all asked me if we can come back again and do "anything" with these seniors. The girls enjoyed them so much. That says a lot since 13 and 14 year old girls are not always enthusiastic about what you would like them to do! LOL.

So, I went through and read all the posts I've missed the past several days. 2 things that hit home with me......I so agree that this weight loss thing has to be a life change, or the weight lost is definately going to come back on. I need to work on this! I haven't made it a llife change yet. Yeah, I exercise more now....but it's so easy to fall back into eating the way I did. The way I wish I could be eating, lol! Also......I am so there with all of you who are not losing weight these past few weeks. I was up over a pound this AM from Monday myself. For me, December is just a difficult month to lose weight in. Too much going on, and I'm not paying much attention to what I'm eating at all.

But......I'm going to enjoy the holidays and not worry about my weight....and jump right back on the band wagon in January!
    Have a good week, Hubbas! We're not going to be Hubbas in the next challenge, are we? What are we going to be? Eggs?
    Hahaha.....
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

So, I went through and read all the posts I've missed the past several days. 2 things that hit home with me......I so agree that this weight loss thing has to be a life change, or the weight lost is definately going to come back on. I need to work on this! I haven't made it a llife change yet. Yeah, I exercise more now....but it's so easy to fall back into eating the way I did. The way I wish I could be eating, lol! Also......I am so there with all of you who are not losing weight these past few weeks. I was up over a pound this AM from Monday myself. For me, December is just a difficult month to lose weight in. Too much going on, and I'm not paying much attention to what I'm eating at all.

WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT!!!!!!!we can try, thats all we can do , december is SO difficult, so much tempation every where.so i agree with lyn, lets enjoy the parties, families and friends try to watch what we eat and do SOMEexercise, BUT ENJOY the holidays, january is around the corner and we'll start again....:flowerforyou:
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Lynn and Pam...... It's a time of celebbration and LIFE IS TOO SHORT...... but, that being said.... I have learned that Icannot have ALL THE SWEETS AND SUgar I want and NOT BE SURRISED at the scale......so, either I have to not splurge, or not weigh myself, or accept the consequences and go from there.....so... I am going from there. I will be 44 years old on the 26th and I am making some new resolutions for MY birthday...about ME......but until then, I am trying to keep my splurging under some control and try to have the best of both worlds.....
    Just my 2 cents....
    Ii hopoe everyone is enjoying their day...
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    We had our office party on Tuesday and got through it. I did have some holiday
    cookies and was pretty good with the rest of the food.
    At home for dinner I had Chinese soup with rice noodles and that was all.
    Now leftovers are in the fridge from chicken wings to cheese and crackers etc.
    I brought my lunch today and will try my best to stick with it.
    Having some Chinese Oolong tea which is supposed to help with weight
    loss as we speak instead of a second cup of coffee. :drinker:

Good Luck to everyone this week with all the temptations and challenges
    that are upon us with this holiday season. :bigsmile:
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I don't know about you - but my office has been a mine field!!! Boxes of chocolates, "Towers" of treats, birthday cakes... ugh!

I've been having tons of headaches & upset stomachs (gee, I wonder why?). So, tomorrow I will be avoiding all the JUNK like the plague - since it makes me feel that way.

I think I'll be hitting the fruits & veggies tomorrow!

Many hugs to all,

Amy
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge: Reconnect with someone.

I know it's not weight loss related, but it is always good to have people and supporters in your life. It can be a family member you haven't talked to in awhile, or an old friend you've lost touch with. Write an email, make a phone call, or go out for coffee.

I like this challenge because I have lost touch with a few friends since I moved and started working.

I like the new mini challenge and I like Time's new pic!

Thanks Kristen!!
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    Has anyone noticed that sweets just dont taste as good as they did before:)

Enjoy your holidays!!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    gmomlyn - "We're not going to be Hubbas in the next challenge, are we? What are we going to be? Eggs?
    Hahaha....." :-) We are going to be Egg-cellent!! :bigsmile:

The holiday treats... It's easier for me since I don't work outside of the home and my husband is only home from Sat night to Sun night. But that is when the temptation is the greatest since he seems to always be eating. ;-) For my 16 year old son, as long as I have a lot of variety of food in the house, he just grabs to eat what he wants as often as he wants. Some of the things that he eats are quite tempting too! But, for the most part, he tries not to eat them around me. So, unless I buy the treats, they're not here so they are easier for me to avoid.

Good luck this weekend! Eight days left of this challenge! I have the feeling that I'm going to be just shy of my goal weight. We'll see... Can you believe that this time next week that it will almost be Christmas? Wow the year (as usual) has flown by! I'm so glad that we've worked on our weight goals instead of having another year gone where we just wished we had made a change. Here's to us! :drinker:
  • yeyeyefish
    yeyeyefish Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Monday I forgot to post since I had to get to school early and the kids drove me insane the whole day that I didn't have a free min to log in and I'm leaving for Disneyland with my honey after the Coyotes hockey game tonight. I have stayed at the same weight for 3 weeks now which is awesome since it is the Holidays and I've been bad about staying away. Hope you all have a great week!

Carrie
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Since this is on my mind today, what can you NOT just have ONE of? For me, it is marshmallows, cinnamon-sugar graham crackers, and those iced sugar cookies they sell at Walmart. I'm sure there are others. ;-) I just wanted to eat ONE marshmallow today but reached for a second...
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    kristen, for me its cookies(the ones i make)or anything chocolate,specially doves chocolate.....i am not trying to over eat and i am logging everything i put in my mouth, but it is SO hard now with all the tempations all around us....looking forward to healthier eating starting on the 26th...:flowerforyou:
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    For me it's one serving of nuts or granola trail mix things that I buy for snacks!! I can never just eat one serving try to break them down in baggies but I still take 2 bags!!

Hey Kristen just curious what are the dates for the next challenge!!
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    gummibears