women of the Lord..I NEED YOU!:)

Options

Replies

• Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Why did the lord wait until you were overweight to tell you to be healthy? Seems kind of rude.

HA!

win

OMG you both are my heros.

Please don't lock this! This is hilarious! i am a Christian and I have to say please don't embarrass my spirituality by coming across this way. You need to have anyone and everyone help you. There are skinny atheists too! The problem isnt your faith it's your mouth..you need to be accountable. Besides the first rule as a Christian is to love one another.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    She's just searching for people in a similar place just like mom's of tots look for mom's of tots, or guys with beer guts look for guys with beer guts to support them, or college students look for other college students.

yeah, but...there's nothing stated in the rules about discussing college or kids...there IS however a rule that states NO discussing religion. Period.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't know MFP had such closed minded people on here.

Although MFP is a private organization it follows the social norms and normal legal requirements that we not descriminate based on race, but we descriminate based on faith? I know this is an international website so the US Constitution has less weight - but I fully support the value/idea that we should all have freedom OF religion NOT freedom FROM religion.

She is not saying "The only way to lose weight is with the Lord", she is looking for people she think would support her best in her journey! (PS Add me!)

How is she hurting anyone? She's just searching for people in a similar place just like mom's of tots look for mom's of tots, or guys with beer guts look for guys with beer guts to support them, or college students look for other college students.

I am disgusted at some of these responses as intolerant, judgemental, and hypocritical.

Since you people just dont seem to get it
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14924-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

and here ya go since you wont read it anyways13) Topics about politics, religion, atheism, or sexuality are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about any of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss either of these topics, please google political forums, religious forums, etc. - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

Her topic isn't about religion, she wants to make PRIVATE friendships with people like her - not preach to everyone here about why they need God to lose weight.

I would argue the SUBJECT of her post is finding like minded people.

If it bothers you so much, don't read it.
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Although MFP is a private organization it follows the social norms and normal legal requirements that we not descriminate based on race, but we descriminate based on faith? I know this is an international website so the US Constitution has less weight - but I fully support the value/idea that we should all have freedom OF religion NOT freedom FROM religion.

She is not saying "The only way to lose weight is with the Lord", she is looking for people she think would support her best in her journey! (PS Add me!)

How is she hurting anyone? She's just searching for people in a similar place just like mom's of tots look for mom's of tots, or guys with beer guts look for guys with beer guts to support them, or college students look for other college students.

I am disgusted at some of these responses as intolerant, judgemental, and hypocritical.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14924-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

and here ya go since you wont read it anyways13) Topics about politics, religion, atheism, or sexuality are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about any of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss either of these topics, please google political forums, religious forums, etc. - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

But this isn't a topic *about* religion, this is a topic looking for friends,
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Does Jesus eat his exercise calories?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

What? Are you new or something? This is MFP not a free country!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck chances are it's a frickin' duck!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Why did the lord wait until you were overweight to tell you to be healthy? Seems kind of rude.

HA!

win

Please don't lock this! This is hilarious! i am a Christian and I have to say please don't embarrass my spirituality by coming across this way. You need to have anyone and everyone help you. There are skinny atheists too! The problem isnt your faith it's your mouth..you need to be accountable. Besides the first rule as a Christian is to love one another.

You're cool. I like you.
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    life-of-brian_1374284c.jpg

Always look on the bright side of life..........
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Taylor,

I'm here for you, and I have many others on my friends list who love Jesus who is The King of Kings and Lord of Lords.....His grace is sufficent for "our" weakness!!! Praise Jesus!! Welcome to MFP!!
  • ZebraHead
    Options

Her topic isn't about religion, she wants to make PRIVATE friendships with people like her - not preach to everyone here about why they need God to lose weight.

Keep walking bubba!!
  • robin52077
    Options

LMFAO!!!!
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options

No, but he can turn his water into wine...something I'm currently trying to master.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

HA!

win

You're cool. I like you.

Aww shucks! Thank you! =)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

I don't know but last time he turned all that water into wine I woke up in Chicago.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    You put all my thoughts into words!

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Better stick with the fish and wine diet.

Heres how-
    First you get bread and water
    then
    uh

oh.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

If our respones bother YOU so much dont read them
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    Hi Taylor,

I'm here for you, and I have many others on my friends list who love Jesus who is The King of Kings and Lord of Lords.....His grace is sufficent for "our" weakness!!! Praise Jesus!! Welcome to MFP!!

REfrickingPORTED
  • robin52077
    Options

yeah but even a quote in a signature is not allowed, this is a whole topic title...even worse...as a non-religious person, I don't want to see it.
This discussion has been closed.