women of the Lord..I NEED YOU!:)

Options

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    What the **** is this ****? I start a thread looking for other pastafarians and its locked within 3 minutes and this goes on for pages? This is ****ing ridiculous.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I like to think jesus is just as much a grammar nazi as I am...
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    For clarification's sake does this mean we're not allowed to mention we go to the YMCA when people ask what gym we go to? Yoga in itself has a religious component! I don't get my panties in a wad if someone says they go to Yoga! I think you guys are overreacting -
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Why did the lord wait until you were overweight to tell you to be healthy? Seems kind of rude.

HA!

win

OMG you both are my heros.

Please don't lock this! This is hilarious! i am a Christian and I have to say please don't embarrass my spirituality by coming across this way. You need to have anyone and everyone help you. There are skinny atheists too! The problem isnt your faith it's your mouth..you need to be accountable. Besides the first rule as a Christian is to love one another.

i agree with you there in all you said.. i think its kinda messued up though like has been said before the same folks that complain about other threads being reported come in and do all this silly stuff but oh well.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't know MFP had such closed minded people on here.

Although MFP is a private organization it follows the social norms and normal legal requirements that we not descriminate based on race, but we descriminate based on faith? I know this is an international website so the US Constitution has less weight - but I fully support the value/idea that we should all have freedom OF religion NOT freedom FROM religion.

She is not saying "The only way to lose weight is with the Lord", she is looking for people she think would support her best in her journey! (PS Add me!)

How is she hurting anyone? She's just searching for people in a similar place just like mom's of tots look for mom's of tots, or guys with beer guts look for guys with beer guts to support them, or college students look for other college students.

I am disgusted at some of these responses as intolerant, judgemental, and hypocritical.

Sooooo i guess you are saying I should hang out with the coloreds? LOL! Again why is there separation? It's a fitness website not a buddhist temple. Ridiculous!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options

But this isn't a topic *about* religion, this is a topic looking for friends,

yeah but even a quote in a signature is not allowed, this is a whole topic title...even worse...as a non-religious person, I don't want to see it.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to approach this with compassion, but if you have your convictions what bothers' you so much about others having theres (aside from the rules thing?).
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I think the people who make the biggest fuss are just seeking attention.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'm not upset about the lord part..I'm upset about the women part. What since I'm a man I'm not good enough?
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Does Jesus eat his exercise calories?

I don't know but last time he turned all that water into wine I woke up in Chicago.

That is funny!
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options

But this isn't a topic *about* religion, this is a topic looking for friends,

yeah but even a quote in a signature is not allowed, this is a whole topic title...even worse...as a non-religious person, I don't want to see it.

So close your eyes.

So read the rules.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My GOD - some of y'all need to LIGHTEN UP! Just 'cause you're religulous doesn't preclude you from having a sense of humor...or does it?! (I wouldn't know - I hang with a lot of atheists - so feel free to school me and show me just how funny a religulous person can be! I dare you!)

Namaste -
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    The FSM is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He maketh me to lie down in marinara;

he leadeth me beside the still garlic bread.
    He restoreth my starch!

he leadeth me in the paths of noddliness for his name's sake.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of oregano and italian seasoning,

I will fear no fork: for thou art with me;
    thy noodly appendages and thy meatballs they comfort me.
    Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine religious and irrational enemies:

thou anointest my head with garlic butter;
    my cup runneth over.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
    and I will dwell in the house of the FSM for ever.

RAmen!

196261.jpg

P.S. I'll pleasure a christian or an atheist woman...I am an equal opportunity lesbian. ;)
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't know MFP had such closed minded people on here.

Although MFP is a private organization it follows the social norms and normal legal requirements that we not descriminate based on race, but we descriminate based on faith? I know this is an international website so the US Constitution has less weight - but I fully support the value/idea that we should all have freedom OF religion NOT freedom FROM religion.

She is not saying "The only way to lose weight is with the Lord", she is looking for people she think would support her best in her journey! (PS Add me!)

How is she hurting anyone? She's just searching for people in a similar place just like mom's of tots look for mom's of tots, or guys with beer guts look for guys with beer guts to support them, or college students look for other college students.

I am disgusted at some of these responses as intolerant, judgemental, and hypocritical.

Sooooo i guess you are saying I should hang out with the coloreds? LOL! Again why is there separation? It's a fitness website not a buddhist temple. Ridiculous!

OMFG! LOL!!!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    For clarification's sake does this mean we're not allowed to mention we go to the YMCA when people ask what gym we go to? Yoga in itself has a religious component! I don't get my panties in a wad if someone says they go to Yoga! I think you guys are overreacting -

I was just pointing out that it is INFACT against the rules to discuss relgion,sexuality,politics. This thread will be locked sooner or later because it is breaking the rules
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many calories jesus burnt being nailed up on the cross..... do you reckon its in the exercise search under Nailed Up !
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    What the **** is this ****? I start a thread looking for other pastafarians and its locked within 3 minutes and this goes on for pages? This is ****ing ridiculous.

I was coming here to say the same thing...you beat me to it!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

so what exactly DO you think YMCA stands for?!?!?!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Mike, Steve, _Ben?? What must be done to have you act here as you do eleswhere and lock this thread???
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options
    I'm not upset about the lord part..I'm upset about the women part. What since I'm a man I'm not good enough?

Cute. :)
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options

so what exactly DO you think YMCA stands for?!?!?!

:laugh: :laugh:

Young Men's Christian Association

and Catholic priests LOVE the YMCA. Just sayin'.
This discussion has been closed.