Do you ever get hit on now?

Options
jnd951999
jnd951999 Posts: 57 Member
I am and have been happily married for 10 years. But since I have lost the weight I have noticed that I have been getting hit on alot the last few weeks. I get stares & whistles and some guys have even openly flirted with and hit on me. For instance, I went to the post office and got out of my car to see the 2 guys sitting in the car next to me looking and smiling. I went to get the packages out of the trunck glanced over at them and they were still looking and smiling, I go back to lock my door to go in the post office and as their driving away they are looking and smiling even turning their heads as they drove and not even watching the road.

Another for instance, yesterday I needed a new thermostat for my car. I go in and tell the guy at the counter what I need and he says "do you need anything else?" I said "no, thats it," he then starts smiling really big and says "really you don't need annnnnnyyyything." When he comes back to the counter with my thermostat he takes it out of the box and spins it around the counter smiling saying is that it. I said "ya, I think so, I don't work on it my husband does." He then said "oh, you have a husband, well you should work on them, I can't believe you don't." All while smiling like crazy.

I have to admit that I'm enjoying the heck out of it and I'm really surprised that I'm getting this kind of attention. I don't want anything to do with these guys, but getting the attention is a real self-esteem booster. I still by no means think I look great yet but I do think I look better. I just can't believe that guys are noticing me. Even when I was skinny I wasn't getting noticed like I am now. It's really weird. But a good weird!:)

Replies

• lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Enjoy, it's a great feeling.:-)
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I LOVE IT!!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Nope, I didn't before losing weight, and I still don't. Chicks must be intimidated or something.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I concur! Flirting has become one of my favorite things to do now. I hope your confidence increases ten fold because you are that wonderful!

5499814.png
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I flirt. Often, and with vigor.

And usually the police don't need involved or anything.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I don't notice it as much as my husband does...And he's loving it. :wink: :wink: :wink: Especially when it's his friends that are doing the looking. He's always teases me about the looks I am getting from the "college boys"...I tell him that I am not interested in being a COUGAR. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I have finally got him "trained", not starting over again! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Nope. Rarely was, and now never am :grumble: And I'm single, so could do with the a) ego massage or b) potential date/boyfriend!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I've been happily married for almost 12 years. My husband loved me at my heaviest and my lighest...I do have some men trying to flirt and quite honestly I try to ignore them.

I wasn't good enough when I was single and heavy....Im SURELY not good enough MARRIED and more fit! :)
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Only online when I make slutty comments.
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying. I'm single, not married, but I get hit on a lot more often now than I did before.
    I bartend, so I'm not unacustomed to being hit on by the typical drunk guy. However, now, more and more often, I'm getting hit on by people that I've known for quite a while, and they aren't drunk. I've attributed it to not only looking better than I used to, but that now that I'm 65 pounds lighter, I have a lot more confidence. And I LOVE to flirt back. I've always loved to flirt, but never really knew how "good" I was at it until I discovered this confidence. From my point of view that confidence makes you more attractive than any number on a scale. I've created an alter ego for myself when I go out. I'm a complete vixen, which is completely opposite of who I really am. Be confident in great things you've accomplished.....create an alter ego too....it's fun, and who knows?? your husband might enjoy it!
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I take the compliments and keep it moving but it really does boost self esteem. Not being single does put you at certain limitations but if you're hot, you're hot.lol Can't blame the opposite sex for trying.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Nope. Rarely was, and now never am :grumble: And I'm single, so could do with the a) ego massage or b) potential date/boyfriend!
    Maybe you aren't paying enough attention? I have a single friend who is oblivious when a guy is trying to strike up a conversation (then says she never meets anyone). Based on your picture, I find it hard to believe you're being totally ignored..you look great!

To answer the OP's question...yes, and I love it. I'm happily married and not looking, but I do enjoy the extra attention and use it as motivation. My husband is very proud of my recent success, so he gets a kick out of other guys checking me out.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    constantly. and i love it. ;)
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    All the time now. I did every once in a while before, but I was too insecure to flirt back or even really notice being hit on.

Actually, I'm still a little too socially inept to flirt properly. Usually my friends have to tell me when a dude was flirting, haha.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You also must be carrying yourself differently, smiling more, etc. I just get more people talking to me in general because i am more pleasant then i used to be.
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    That is EXCELLENT!!!!!
    LOVE IT!!!!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I don't count online interactions lol

Older men...like my mother's age and married men hit on me a lot ....so ya'know thats FUN! :grumble:

My friends and my ex boyfriend told me I was always getting hit on or checked out...I never saw it though
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Only online when I make slutty comments.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile

The attention is nice I will admit.. I just have to get used to it.......
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    What woman wouldn't appreciate being hit on? We women like to feel attractive, and being flirted with helps affirm that. :smooched:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!