Do you ever get hit on now?

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I do think it all comes down to confidence...
    A FedEx driver who brought me a package at my work asked for my number a few months ago, in fact! It was the first time I had EVER given out my number like that, and now he is my boyfriend. :bigsmile:
    My friends still call him Mr. FedEx...
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never. But that's ok. My day come soon. It better ; )
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I do think it all comes down to confidence...
    A FedEx driver who brought me a package at my work asked for my number a few months ago, in fact! It was the first time I had EVER given out my number like that, and now he is my boyfriend. :bigsmile:
    My friends still call him Mr. FedEx...

That is awesome!! I met my husband at the gym as my personal trainer. I was determined to get him and finally asked for his number after three sessions. He was so professional! If I had waited on him to ask me out, we wouldn't be married now.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Lol if I do I don't know notice, my husband seems to think I do. Well the other day a friend of mine and I were walking, and a group of guys in a truck honked and whistled out the window, but that was the first time I ever noticed anything, but I think they were whistling at her lol. My husband seems to think I'm flirted with a lot, and he'll just put his arm around me when he sees it. I laugh cus I don't notice it.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Nope. Rarely was, and now never am :grumble: And I'm single, so could do with the a) ego massage or b) potential date/boyfriend!

This.
  • comforter
    Options
    You mentioned that even when you were skinny you weren't getting the looks you are now.....I have found that the better and better we feel about ourselves...we send out a confident vibe - which my husband told men men find very attractive....SO, as much as you
    are chaning for the better on the oustide, I am sure you are changing on the inside for the better as well! Blessings to you! :wink:
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I flirt. Often, and with vigor.

And usually the police don't need involved or anything.

LOL...Me too! The same thing happened/happens to me and I love it! Especially when it's handsome younger men who happen to be passenger airline pilots! ('nuff said...I don't need trouble!)
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'm a little slow when it comes to reading signals so I wouldn't know if I get hit on or not unless it's EXTREMELY obvious. I occasionally notice a little looking but I just assume they're looking at something past me. :laugh:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I was confident when I was big, so dudes hit on me then, too. I get checked out or "hit on" more now, but I don't usually notice it unless it's very obvious. People talk to me all the time so I don't always assume they're hitting on me - like I said, unless they're being obvious. I'm lost in my own world when I'm out doing my thing most of the time anyway.
  • Bigtime078
    Options
    Well I'm just starting but my wife says she spots women that are attracted to me all the time. I've never been too far out of shape, but gym rat turned runner guy (me) could stand to lose a few pounds. I can't say it's not flattering, but it would be more flattering if I noticed..lol. I'm usually very serious looking so no one trusts actually saying anything to me is my reason for not actually having words spoken to me.

Who doesn't want affirmation?
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    No, like freakin NEVER. :angry: I catch 'em checking me out, and as soon as they see that I saw 'em, they look away. It's all wahtev, but I could use the ego boost sometimes. Ha!

Probably because your abs should be registered as a deadly weapon! I'd talk to you anyday. I wouldn't lead anywhere as I'm married.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm too oblivious to notice. I'm nearsighted, for starters, and usually in my own little world. I have to be told someone's flirting with me or checking me out.
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    yes - a lot more now and by younger guys which is a HUGE ego boost! I love it...my husband - not so much!:laugh:
  • kiwicakes
    kiwicakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Only online when I make slutty comments.

Hahaha. :)
  • Tracyrocksss
    Options
    Oh yes! I get hit on all the TIME--lmao-- I never have a prob getting dates/meeting guys--but my prob is--- welll..good grief- just read it for yourself...lol.. I had a few views on this board post,but no responses...And I have to say I sure could have used some support that day..Feeling better now, mentally, but...stilllll..I was really upset....maybe I will just cut n paste the part about "attention from men here:
    I was with my husband for over 20 years.....I never dreamed I would be alone at this stage in my life....I don't ALWAYS feel so "alone" but sometimes, when it hits, it really does just hit hard......I think I get sad and almost resentful that apparently there is no one out there who will treat me with consideration/care/love unless I am "thin"......Hmm- how to explain...I have been on COUNTLESS dates ( meet and greets)....We talk by phone for a week or so....we seem to get on well..I do NOT hide my "full figure" in photos or in talking......We go out to dinner or drink etc. The date goes well, or so I think... Then at LEAST over 5 or 6 times I have been asked to "go back tot heir place" THAT NIGHT
    and when I politely decline or offer some reason as to why I don't care to go "home" with them, I NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN--EVER
    I think that has broken my heart so much..... It's like- they think " Oh, look at the desperate fat chick. She'll be an easy lay. I'll throw her a few scraps of attention and then she'll give in because she is obviously lonely and must be desperate for attention"
    and then when I am NOT the easy lay they had hoped for, they waste NO more time and move on to some easier target....And I remain alone.....................I mean, I woudl rather be alone than with ANYONE lilke that, of course...But it still hurts/dosappoints me that I just cannot seem to find a man who is willing to treat me as a human being....Most of my friends/aquaintances who are heavy have been married forever and both they AND their husbands have--how do I word this ---"physically depreciated" over time at the same rate and they already were in love and the lack of physical perfection in their mate is not an issue......But with women in MY situation-- it's like we have to present ourselves as this "perfect size 9" wonder woman in order to find a QUALITY good man.....sigh.. I could go on forever....so I will spare you...Just had to let some thoughts out....:(
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    We have a convertible 1990 Jaguar XJS. It is very pretty. My husband does not like driving it, so I drive it on the weekends and any other time I can get away from the kids. I get hit on often while driving this car. I have a sinking suspension that more than 80% of the attraction is to the car. I have been hit on 0 times driving my minivan, of course that just reeks of married with children. No really, it smells.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just assume people are being friendly.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    only on MFP
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Nope..not like they use to when I was 18!! Now I'm 21 no guy hits on me lol
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yeah kinda annoying though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!