Do you ever get hit on now?

Options

Replies

• SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.

If you're talking about getting "hit on," then in my mind, that's when a guy is kind of aggressive with his attention, and so that's a definite no.

But if you're talking about more innocent flirtation, then yes. I think it has to do more with my own self confidence and the way I carry myself now than anything else. (Though on here, it's been a lot more flirtation than ever IRL.)
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Yeah I recently got asked out for drinks by a random guy while I was on vacation. I get the occasional follower in the grocery store that just happens to be on every last aisle I go down, even the ones I forget something and go back to. That's always interesting. I got some free food at lunch the other day just by smiling and chatting for a few minutes at the sandwich shop.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I never did and never do get hit on. Any compliments I get are usually through my wife. Or to my wife about me.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i think it's more a confidence thing than a size thing. i'm noticing it a lot more too, and loving it! i've been married for over 5 years, but it still feels good!
  • amandaraecook
    Options
    I understand what you are saying. I'm single, not married, but I get hit on a lot more often now than I did before.
    I bartend, so I'm not unacustomed to being hit on by the typical drunk guy. However, now, more and more often, I'm getting hit on by people that I've known for quite a while, and they aren't drunk. I've attributed it to not only looking better than I used to, but that now that I'm 65 pounds lighter, I have a lot more confidence. And I LOVE to flirt back. I've always loved to flirt, but never really knew how "good" I was at it until I discovered this confidence. From my point of view that confidence makes you more attractive than any number on a scale. I've created an alter ego for myself when I go out. I'm a complete vixen, which is completely opposite of who I really am. Be confident in great things you've accomplished.....create an alter ego too....it's fun, and who knows?? your husband might enjoy it!

I couldn't agree more! It's so fun to flirt and when you feel good about yourself for once in your life, it feels great to flirt back with people. Just seeing people do double takes should make you feel great about yourself. Enjoy it and use it to boost your confidence!
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Nope. Rarely was, and now never am :grumble: And I'm single, so could do with the a) ego massage or b) potential date/boyfriend!
    Maybe you aren't paying enough attention? I have a single friend who is oblivious when a guy is trying to strike up a conversation (then says she never meets anyone). Based on your picture, I find it hard to believe you're being totally ignored..you look great!

To answer the OP's question...yes, and I love it. I'm happily married and not looking, but I do enjoy the extra attention and use it as motivation. My husband is very proud of my recent success, so he gets a kick out of other guys checking me out.

That's really kind, thank you! My friend will say he sees guys check me out in the street, but I just assume he's being nice. But to be fair, I don't look, and I've been single so long, I have absolutely no idea how I'd speak to a guy if he did approach me! I'd probably go bright red, trip on my tongue, making me more embarrassed, then slink away, realising I'd made an @ss of myself! But thanks for the compliment! You've made my day
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    ALL the time. I love it!

Looks, comments, the whole thing.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    :sad: No.
  • sweetpunani
    Options
    yes...but I used to get hit on when I was heavier as well. Just a little more now ;)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I have a weird spin to this.

I'm getting more socialization in general. People approach me more and want to converse more then they used to. I do not feel so alone anymore or feel like I have to go out of my way to converse or make friends with people. I really like it! I'm not sure if guys are crushing on me as I don't have that awareness going on anymore being married but still rocks!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Yes, and a lot. It's a bit unnerving. Sometimes I turn around to see if they are looking at someone behind me. ;-)
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    No, like freakin NEVER. :angry: I catch 'em checking me out, and as soon as they see that I saw 'em, they look away. It's all wahtev, but I could use the ego boost sometimes. Ha!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I got hit on before I lost weight and still get hit on. I take it in stride and appreciate the fact that my husband isn't the only man on this earth who thinks I'm attractive. I don't like to go to my son's school because they think I am one of the students when I'm dressed in my jeans and tee and will try to talk to me. It infuriates my 16 yr old son. :laugh:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Nope, I didn't before losing weight, and I still don't. Chicks must be intimidated or something.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Nope.. not yet anyway.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I got hit by a woman. But I threw the ball back at her.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! I mostly get hit on by older men, not exactly flattering. I encountered this a lot working at a vision center, adjusting senior men's glasses. :huh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Women flirt with me all the time in the gym and I flirt back. Last time I was hit on was last year by a female who was new to my classes.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    For me, I don't know if I would necessarily say "Hit on" as much as I would say "complimented alot."

Since I've lost weight, I get a lot more looks and stares than I used to--some of it is the weight loss and some of it due to the way I dress (old-school classic, hat, cuff links, braces). I just kind of take it all in stride and say "thank you" and be a gentleman about it. No need for drooling and getting worked up about it.

Summers really get me the most attention though. Maybe it has something to do with the heat. I get so much attention in the Summers that I started to feel like a charity case!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!