Dating no nos!

Options

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Handcuffs on a first date...

Hey now, handcuffs could be a great first date for the adventurer...LOL JK, people, I wait until the third date to bring out props!

Don't wait too long - props are good!

So true! People can be so uptight!

Sorry, should have specified. Pink, fuzzy handcuffs. I can't take those things seriously.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    he didn't TELL her anything... texted it! He may have been drunk, Netchik may be right (a "friend" got a hold of his phone), or the guy is cuckoo for cocoa puffs! I say: all of the above.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Most of us know the dating nightmare stories or have experienced them ourselves, what is the worst offense you've encountered of heard about?

My best friend has been casually dating this guy for about two months, they just get together once every couple of weeks and they text. She hasn't made out wit him has only given him goodbye/goodnight kisses. He decided to skip ALL the bases and text her saying " I want to make sweet love to you this weekend" now she wants nothing to do with him so... NO BASE SKIPPING !!

Dating a guy for 2 months without giving it up is a dating 'no no' .....
    Wow , u sleep with every guy u date b4 u've seen him for 2 months? I've never had sex with a guy until an actual relationship is established and IMO two months doesnt give u enough time to get to know someone unless ur with them every day.

I'm with you on the sex issue. I think you could be in an exclusive relationship in less than 2 months, but regardless, sex is a personal choice. It'll happen when we're both on the same page about it and not a moment before then. It could be 2 months, it could be 2 years. If a guy doesn't want to wait, I understand that. People have different views about it, and he's better off finding someone who shares his.
  • kimletton11
    kimletton11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I went to dinner the other night with a guy that I've been talking to for about a month now and I offered to drive my car. I was driving down my street and he looked at my speedometer then looked at me and told me to slow down. Now, to me that is a big deal...I am an adult and I know how to drive, please don't tell me what to do!!!! smh...
  • ItsCasey
    Options
    Depends on how fast you were going. In a residential area, I'm sure it was not too fast.

But I was on a date with a guy once who was driving entirely too fast on a rainy night down a curvy highway. I asked him to drive more carefully. He told me to shut up. I made him pull over so I could get out. I called my dad to come get me, and you can guess how that ended.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I agree Klingons suck. A couple dates does not mean I want:

You to move in
    Call me every hour
    Ask where I'm going
    Ask where I've been
    suggest I change anything
    tell me what I do wrong
    Call my mom
    Sure sounds like SOMEbody had dated a few humdingers in the past, hmm?
  • ItsCasey
    Options
    Call my mom

This one amazes me, but I know girls (yes, more than one) who have done this because they have this crazy idea that if they can charm a guy's mom, he'll go "Oh, my mom likes her, so maybe she's the one." Usually, the reaction is more like "You're a psycho stalker, and I'm done with you."
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Most of us know the dating nightmare stories or have experienced them ourselves, what is the worst offense you've encountered of heard about?

My best friend has been casually dating this guy for about two months, they just get together once every couple of weeks and they text. She hasn't made out wit him has only given him goodbye/goodnight kisses. He decided to skip ALL the bases and text her saying " I want to make sweet love to you this weekend" now she wants nothing to do with him so... NO BASE SKIPPING !!

THIS!! 2 months? Fish or cut bait already. i feel sorry for the guy. good for him for trying to push it forward. now he knows where he stands.
    he never tried for anything more he is really awkward and then one day just basically says lets have sex... I'm sorry but if u can't even work up the nerve to hold my hand I don't want to just jump into bed with u JMO
    and u r thinking two months as in 60 days, think about it, thats 8 weeks, they see each other maybe once every other week, that is not a lot of dating.

but by your own math, that's 4 dates. ... i usually know someone biblically by then.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    no shockers.

on the first date.

Second one OK? LOL
  • maillemaker
    Options
    I'm so happy I haven't had to date in 20 years! (As of today actually.) :)

You don't look old enough to have been married that long! :)
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I hate dating. I tried to sign back up for POF -- I had a really bad experience last year with a guy who kept harrassing me at work with really crude emails. I had to contact the guys boss to ask him to please have the emails stop (he wouldn't stop even asking politely). I don't know what happened, but a day later, my profile was deleted. I tried to go re-join and again, they deleted my profile after a day. What gives?! I'm not a spammer, I'm a good person. Don't I deserve love, too? Or... maybe it's a sign that this site is.. well, not for me?!
  • maillemaker
    Options
    Handcuffs on a first date...

Frankly, that's how I roll :wink:

You know, in your pic you look like Mia Sara!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I once invited a woman I had recently met to see a friend of mine's band play. The place they played was family oriented. Not a bar. She shows up with her bratty teenage over bearing daughter. At the end of the night, I told her goodnight and she went in for a kiss. Just then her teenage daughter sees what is going on and immediately c*ck blocks the whole thing.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I went to dinner the other night with a guy that I've been talking to for about a month now and I offered to drive my car. I was driving down my street and he looked at my speedometer then looked at me and told me to slow down. Now, to me that is a big deal...I am an adult and I know how to drive, please don't tell me what to do!!!! smh...

Just as long as you weren't trying to drive like they do in the cartoons...

Seriously though... most people don't realize how they drive and it freaks some people out. I've asked my wife on occasion to slow down in response to road conditions etc... There is never any offense intended. Only concern for safety.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options

THIS!! 2 months? Fish or cut bait already. i feel sorry for the guy. good for him for trying to push it forward. now he knows where he stands.
    he never tried for anything more he is really awkward and then one day just basically says lets have sex... I'm sorry but if u can't even work up the nerve to hold my hand I don't want to just jump into bed with u JMO
    and u r thinking two months as in 60 days, think about it, thats 8 weeks, they see each other maybe once every other week, that is not a lot of dating.

but by your own math, that's 4 dates. ... i usually know someone biblically by then.
    so ur saying that u believe u know a person in 4 dates? Ppl can live next door to killers and rapists and child molesters for years and never know it , so if u can know a person inside and out in 4 dates u got skills
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    So no to coupons or yes to them? How many bases can be stolen before you get an out. Do doubles, triples, and Homeruns happen or not. What if its a walk? Can you walk all bases or should you sprint? Can you steal home plate? Does it matter if the bat is corked? What does bunting get you? Is a sacrafice fly just a good wingman or a crappy hitter? What happens if you get hit by a pitch?
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    So no to coupons or yes to them? How many bases can be stolen before you get an out. Do doubles, triples, and Homeruns happen or not. What if its a walk? Can you walk all bases or should you sprint? Can you steal home plate? Does it matter if the bat is corked? What does bunting get you? Is a sacrafice fly just a good wingman or a crappy hitter? What happens if you get hit by a pitch?
    My brain is officially fried...
  • ItsCasey
    Options
    So no to coupons or yes to them?

Absolutely not.
    How many bases can be stolen before you get an out.

Two, max.
    Do doubles, triples, and Homeruns happen or not.

If you have a good slugging percentage, one can only assume they happen frequently. As they say, chicks dig the long ball.
    What if its a walk? Can you walk all bases or should you sprint?

If it's an intentional walk, she really likes you, and you should sprint.
    Can you steal home plate?

I think that's a felony.
    Does it matter if the bat is corked?

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
    What does bunting get you? Is a sacrafice fly just a good wingman or a crappy hitter?

I was thinking both were good wingmen, but if you're bunting for a base hit, that's just weak. And it usually fails.
    What happens if you get hit by a pitch?

You charge the mound.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options

so ur saying that u believe u know a person in 4 dates? Ppl can live next door to killers and rapists and child molesters for years and never know it , so if u can know a person inside and out in 4 dates u got skills

dang and I thought I did well when I didn't put out on the first date

I made him wait until the next date
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Hmm, maybe I am the only "weirdo" out here, but ummm, nope, if he can't respect her boundaries, then I'd say it's out the door for him! Believe it or not, there are still some people who believe in waiting till after you are married...