Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• rodneysmom98
    rodneysmom98 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

SO, tomorrow starts this round of challenges...
    1) mindful eating
    2) Sat/Sun food log/diary
    3) squats & situps

Sounds great! Good luck everyone!
  • kleeper80
    kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everybody!

I got my water in yesterday and did 30 girly pushups last night. I am really looking forward to this week's challenges. Situps and squats here I come! I have also been struggling with "mindful" eating, so that is going to be a really great challenge for me this week!

I am running my second 5K on Saturday so I better watch how many squats I do so my legs don't get too sore! :-)

I hope everybody has a great day!!!
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ok I am already struggling with this "mindful eating" challenge. I don't know why but I am craving Cheetos SO bad today! I haven't had them in at least a month if not more...when I ask myself "why" I just keep getting the same answer--I just WANT them! I'm not hungry, not sad, not bored, etc. Hmm, what to do?
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ok I am already struggling with this "mindful eating" challenge. I don't know why but I am craving Cheetos SO bad today! I haven't had them in at least a month if not more...when I ask myself "why" I just keep getting the same answer--I just WANT them! I'm not hungry, not sad, not bored, etc. Hmm, what to do?

There is probably a reason ;). Maybe your craving is rooted in wanting something cheesy and crunchy. If you have it on hand, try some cheese and crackers (properly portioned out). But first, wait a day or two and see if the craving doesn't just go away on its own. Sometimes telling yourself, "NO I CAN'T have that!" just makes the craving all the more powerful. Try to get your mind off it and if it's still around tomorrow, try some cheese and crackers :).
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Is there a link for the spreadsheet?

I will post the chart on Friday. still updating, adding newbies.

thank you!!
  • mom2lyla
    Options
    2 sets of 20 squats done in the office between patients. Still no Cheetos consumed :happy:
  • mmbarnes1973
    mmbarnes1973 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much for my mindset. Totally screwed up again. Ate so well all day yesterday, but just before bed needed something with Fat or Grease in it. Totally over ate!! i think i need to eat a little more higher calorie foods during the day so that I'm satiated, and then something smaller when i get off work late at night. Was ready to just toss in the towel, but when I get on here and read what you guys have to say, it really helps keep me going. Getting off here and headed to work out. Thanks for your posts...and getting me up off my butt!!!!!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love the new mini challenges. I will do my best! The weekend food log will be the most difficult. I don't get online very much over the weekends :)
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I love the new challenge! MINDFUL EATING! I think that is what got us here in the first place. I tend to catch mysefl eating out of boredom or any emotions, sometimes I just eat because the food is there and its good, but not because I want it. I can feel my body telling me to stop eating when I am stuffed but sometimes I just keep at it, then I feel horrible! LOGGING ON THE WEEKENDS is good because we all tend to over do it then especially when we eat out. I think it will make us more conscious about our choices. Finally I love the SQUATS and SIT UPS portion of it!

I will try and check in every day but like some of you have said, I tend to track with my phone and so I have access to the post only when I am on my computer. I work in an office so I will do my best to post daily.

Congrats to all those that lost weight and to those who gained..... its ok....this is a new week and we are all here for you!
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    Hello everyone! You are all doing wonderful!!

Check in for the week
    starting 271
    current 268
    xmas goal 255
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

you said you haven't had them in at least a month if not more...why? is this a forbidden food now? I say have a 1/2 serving and that's it. It's ok to eat these foods in moderation. Sometimes if we deprive ourselves of our favorite foods, it leads to a binge...and then we feel worse. Make sure you log it. There's no reason we can't have our *treats*. This is life and being in control of how much and when will be the real success. Those Cheetos are teasing you...you tell them who's boss! So...count out x amount, savor and enjoy!
  • mom2lyla
    Options

you said you haven't had them in at least a month if not more...why? is this a forbidden food now? I say have a 1/2 serving and that's it. It's ok to eat these foods in moderation. Sometimes if we deprive ourselves of our favorite foods, it leads to a binge...and then we feel worse. Make sure you log it. There's no reason we can't have our *treats*. This is life and being in control of how much and when will be the real success. Those Cheetos are teasing you...you tell them who's boss! So...count out x amount, savor and enjoy!
    Nah, not a forbidden food. Just something I don't keep around. I worry, though, that if I buy any they will ALL make it in my belly by the end of the day lol. So far I am managing without them!
  • journey2happiness
    Options
    I want to join!
    SW: 129.6
    W1: 128.2
    It's been a bad week for me though...hoping to reverse everything now!
  • Frankeegee
    Options
    Had trouble weighing in yesterday, but today I'm 177.2. I did 30 push ups yesterday. I'm doing NANOWRIMO (A writing contest) so with that, logging my food, trying to exercise and taking care of my kids and the house I'm constantly busy!
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    SW: 204
    Wk1: 203
    Wk2: 205.4 :(

I forgot to weigh in yesterday. It was a really bad week for me, so the mindful eating challenge is just what I need. I loved the pushup challenge and think I'll start doing them on a regular basis. For the squat/situps, I'm shooting for 15 squats and 30 situps per day. My personal challenge for this week will be to log everything all week long. I've been terrible about not logging lately and know I need to do it to see the scale move in the right direction.

Congrats on all of the losses! I'm really excited about this weeks challenge.
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Nah, not a forbidden food. Just something I don't keep around. I worry, though, that if I buy any they will ALL make it in my belly by the end of the day lol. So far I am managing without them!
    This is what I've done a couple of times. Buy a small bag, take a handful and empty the bag into the trash as soon as you get your handful.

EMPTY the bag INTO the trash - don't just throw the bag into the trash (trust me on this one)

It's not about certain foods being "forbidden" - it's about certain sizes that are "forbidden". i.e. a handful of Cheetos = ok; a BAG FULL of Cheetos = an extra hour on the treadmill LOL
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

SW 214

12/24/11-199
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I missed weigh in day because we had been without power since last Saturday! My family was staying with my Mom and I ate like I was on vacation so I actually had a gain. Today is my back day on my diet and I am struggling with cravings.

starting weight 137.5
    new weight 138.5
  • TakenControl
    Options
    I also missed the weigh in yesterday. Down 1.6lbs.

SW- 278
    W1- 275.8
    W2- 274.2
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options

This is what I've done a couple of times. Buy a small bag, take a handful and empty the bag into the trash as soon as you get your handful.

EMPTY the bag INTO the trash - don't just throw the bag into the trash (trust me on this one)

It's not about certain foods being "forbidden" - it's about certain sizes that are "forbidden". i.e. a handful of Cheetos = ok; a BAG FULL of Cheetos = an extra hour on the treadmill LOL

I completely agree with all this! I tend not to have big bags of chips chocolate or soda around because I will down it all. However when I do have the craving I allow myself to have atleast a little bit. It will get rid of the craving. Buy the snack size bag.... mayeb the baked kind so there is less calories and only have a portion and like they said toss the rest out! After you havea few you might feel better and be able to move on! Hope it all goes well for you =)