Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• suzandress
    Options
    Wow, those are all really good suggestions that will be easy to implement! Thanks for the tips!
  • artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Checking in - today's weight is 161.4. No change. I really need to be more dilligent with my tracking - I do well during the day but then it goes downhill at night once I get home from work.
  • pearlsgonewild
    pearlsgonewild Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Checking in- I gained 1.1 pounds this week. Could have been worse since I wasn't careful at all. CW 158.1
    Back on track this week!!
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    149:bigsmile:
    My mini goal is to make it past 145. I have been stuck between 147 and 151 for about 3 mos.
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies & gents (do we have gents?? lol)

Yes, I do believe we have a couple...not sure they are posting regular...but they are sure welcome here!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    Hi everyone, having a fat day today.

I have had many, many fat MONTH'S....and then WEEK's. My goal is to find balance...not giving up!
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Challenge start weight: 148.8
    Weigh in #1 146.2
    Weigh in #2 146
    Weigh in # 3: 144.8

Goal weight for Christmas:139.....

I think this weeks challenge should be along the lines of this mindful eating. During the next few weeks gearing up to Thanksgiving... everytime you are offered a treat, should ask yourself... is this REALLY worth it, if yes. EAT EAT EAT, if no, wait for a better option.
    Example.. coworker #1 brings in store bough donuts ( not worth it), but coworker #2 brings in HOMEMADE, preservative free pie or tarts ( worth it)
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    My birthday was this weekend and starting last Thursday I had a birthday dinner every night until Monday. I tried to get in double the work outs...At least I didn't gain anything. I'm so flippin' glad it's over.

hey, some people celebrate their ENTIRE birthday *month* :bigsmile:
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    I think this weeks challenge should be along the lines of this mindful eating. During the next few weeks gearing up to Thanksgiving... everytime you are offered a treat, should ask yourself... is this REALLY worth it, if yes. EAT EAT EAT, if no, wait for a better option.
    Example.. coworker #1 brings in store bough donuts ( not worth it), but coworker #2 brings in HOMEMADE, preservative free pie or tarts ( worth it)

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away from tomorrow...can you believe it! Mindful eating is a very important habit to *overhaul* on this journey. What happens most of the time tho for me is....AM I HUNGRY? Is it physical? Am I wanting something crunchy, salty, sweet, smooth, chocolate, etc. We all have food we love and food we crave. I would like to keep with the mindful eating and let's base it on the questions suggested here.....and of course the common one, FEELINGS.

I'd also like to add a couple others along with this....

1. Sleep ~ I think we all pretty much know what is recommended for sleep, so if your lacking try to increase your zzz's. Are your evening's hectic? do you have a routine? what can we change to improve it?

2. Veggies ~ I do pretty well with all my other food categories, but this one gets slighted. Let's aim for 3. Again, increase if you need to. Do you have your veggies throughout the day? all at one meal? variety? fresh, frozen, canned?

Now...I just want to say you have all done very well with the challenges thus far! The sit ups, squats, and push ups...holy hannah! some of you killed it! WOW!! I just want to say if you want to continue with **any** of the challenges, go for it!

I also want to add that sometimes doing all of this is over whelming. Maybe just start out small. change one thing. work on one meal. (I will be having this one as a future challenge). Focus on one thing. This is not a race. Rome was not created in one day. Some people do well with limiting food choices...some don't. I find for myself I avoid too many things, I will soon give in and eat out of control. UGH! If you wanna have a piece of chocolate cake, have one and LOG IT. If you want to have a serving of chips, log it. Notice I said 1 (one). When get into the 2nd, 3rd and 4th servings, that's where we go wrong. It's all about serving size and moderation. If we have more good days than bad days...we're gonna have success. One day will not ruin your efforts. Your tummy might not like it or look well, and the scale will probably show an increase from too much salt or sugar. Remember, you gotta live. Be nice to yourself. Your body deserves love and respect!
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My birthday was this weekend and starting last Thursday I had a birthday dinner every night until Monday. I tried to get in double the work outs...At least I didn't gain anything. I'm so flippin' glad it's over.

Ha ha...So true!

Perhaps this week's challenge should be trying to get in a total of at least 30 minutes of exercise/physical activity per day? You can do it all at once or work toward that goal throughout the day. Just an idea!
  • mmbarnes1973
    mmbarnes1973 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Wow, did i have a tough week. i even gained 3 lbs back over the weekend. I got sick on Thursday and just didn't feel any better until Sunday. I ate ALL day yesterday. Just couldn't get full. That sometimes happens right before TOM, but I usually don't gain from it. Lucky me. Wish I could eat like that all the time, not exercise and not gain. Anyway, recommiting to this week. i can do this. My weigh in this morning was 184.6. No loss, but got rid of the 3lbs that came back. I just have to keep moving forward. Hoping for a loss next week.
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options

Ha ha...So true!

Perhaps this week's challenge should be trying to get in a total of at least 30 minutes of exercise/physical activity per day? You can do it all at once or work toward that goal throughout the day. Just an idea!

I was thinking this as well! Looks like we will have 3-4 challenges this week :bigsmile:
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Checking in...

Last week: 199lb
    Current week: 199lb.

No loss, no gain, I'm okay with that considering what a bad week it's been. Good luck to everyone else.
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    So I've had a hard time finding my way back...and since my official weigh in day is Friday, I am posting last weeks weight. 197. Yup, that is only .8 down from the start. I'm claiming it. I know WHY it happened. I'm accountable. Right now I am in a positive state of mind...and even tho I don't know why it happens, I know it will surface again. This has been happening to me for 15 + years. I keep hoping of the day when I never have to experience this roller coaster. It's does a number on my mind mentally and my body physically. So, this week I am reporting a gain of 5.2 lbs. That's what happens to me when I eat way too many calories, too much salt and too much sugar...and not enough water. There, confession over :bigsmile:

I'm on day three...ON TRACK! I know there will be a loss this Friday!

Here's to a great day everyone ~~ make it count!
  • beautifulnovember
    Options
    Better week than last. Lost 1 lb yesterday and another one today, so 231. Very close to my mini goal 2. Hope everyone is having a great week.
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I could not be more frustrated with my weigh in this morning. I thought I did well this week but I am up again. I am trying not to let it get to me but now its 2 weeks in a row!
    Current weight-139
  • kleeper80
    kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just checking in-

No change this week. I'm still 227.8. I'm actually happy with that since I have had a rough week eating wise. On to next week!!!
  • akbelcher19
    akbelcher19 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Last week 204.5
    This week 203.5
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just checking in!
    SW: 204
    Wk1: 203
    Wk2: 205.4 :(
    Wk3: 202.2
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Checking in

Last week 178.5
    This week 177.0

Son #2 was home from college for the weekend and he actually agreed to go with his old mom for a walk. Made my day and holding onto that feeling for the week :heart: