Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• kristin335
    Options
    AGH! Not so happy with weigh-in today. I'm the same as last week.
    Starting = 157
    Today = 155
    So frustrated!!!!
  • Annie092
    Options
    Checking in for this week:

SW: 246.2
    Wk 1: 238.6
    Wk 2: 233.6
    Wk 3: 232.2
    GW: Not sure but I think I put 228? Somewhere around there.

1.4 lbs lost this week!! And while that's good, I'm disappointed. I did really good the first two weeks!! What happened? Now, I know the first week was a lot of water weight but the second week was good too. I know for a fact though that I didn't do so good this past week as the first two, with exercising AND with eating. So that makes sense. I'm just disappointed in myself. But I still lost!! So that's good. lol.
    Anyhoo, congrats to anyone who lost this week and to everyone who didn't, keep your chin up!!! Tomorrow is a new day!!

Again, thanks to Ziesergirl for getting this group going. It's great!! What is our challenge for next week?
  • icklecyberfairy
    icklecyberfairy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Horrible week, I really injured my back and so I've spent the week lying down looking at the ceiling feeling sorry for myself. Thankfully all better now.

Xmas GW: 199

SW:211
    Week 1: 209.2
    Week 2: 207.5
    Week3 / CW: 206.8

Loss of 0.7lb
  • sunflowers8
    sunflowers8 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    We don't have thanksgiving in England ... do you guys have to have the turkey dinner and all the trimmings again on Christmas Day.
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Got on the scale yesterday morn and 299lbs stared back at me. I couldn't believe it.
    So I weighed in again this morn and its still 299lbs. Under the 300 at last.
    Good luck everyone.......
    YAYYYYY Olive!!!!
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We don't have thanksgiving in England ... do you guys have to have the turkey dinner and all the trimmings again on Christmas Day.

Not necessarily. My family does a Christmas ham plus all the trimmings =)
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Depends on which side of the family we are going to. One side has traditionally always done soups (chili, oyster, chicken noodle) and sandwiches (chicken salad, ham). the other side is usually ham, occ'l turkey.

If I could do it MY way, at my house and feel good about it, it would be so much different! only 2 others, between both families totaling 28 people are trying to eat healthy. It is very tough. Just gotta watch portions and chug water!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    CHALLENGES for week 4 (Thurs 11/10 > Wed 11/16)
    I think this weeks challenge should be along the lines of this mindful eating. During the next few weeks gearing up to Thanksgiving... everytime you are offered a treat, should ask yourself... is this REALLY worth it, if yes. EAT EAT EAT, if no, wait for a better option.
    Example.. coworker #1 brings in store bough donuts ( not worth it), but coworker #2 brings in HOMEMADE, preservative free pie or tarts ( worth it)

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away from tomorrow...can you believe it! Mindful eating is a very important habit to *overhaul* on this journey. What happens most of the time tho for me is....AM I HUNGRY? Is it physical? Am I wanting something crunchy, salty, sweet, smooth, chocolate, etc. We all have food we love and food we crave. I would like to keep with the mindful eating and let's base it on the questions suggested here.....and of course the common one, FEELINGS.

I'd also like to add a couple others along with this....

1. Sleep ~ I think we all pretty much know what is recommended for sleep, so if your lacking try to increase your zzz's. Are your evening's hectic? do you have a routine? what can we change to improve it?

2. Veggies ~ I do pretty well with all my other food categories, but this one gets slighted. Let's aim for 3. Again, increase if you need to. Do you have your veggies throughout the day? all at one meal? variety? fresh, frozen, canned?

3.Perhaps this week's challenge should be trying to get in a total of at least 30 minutes of exercise/physical activity per day? You can do it all at once or work toward that goal throughout the day.

So...
    1. Sleep
    2. Veggies
    3. 30 min per day

And, if you would like to continue with previous challenges...BONUS!

week 1 water
    week 2 push ups
    week 3 sit ups & squats, and mindful eating

Good Luck everyone! you're doing great! 6 FULL weeks left to go!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all the challenges. Since we're at week #3, if you've been following all along, the earlier challenges should be becoming a good habit by now. At least that's how I am with water - I find that drinking that stuff actually helps me feel better, my skin is more clear, AND I get to pass that cute guy's office alot on my way to the water cooler! hahaha

Happy Thursday everyone!
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options

In my family we do a big christmas breakfast and it is soooooo good! I will really have to watch myself this year. I could gain 5 pounds that morning!
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGES for week 4 (Thurs 11/10 > Wed 11/16)
    I think this weeks challenge should be along the lines of this mindful eating. During the next few weeks gearing up to Thanksgiving... everytime you are offered a treat, should ask yourself... is this REALLY worth it, if yes. EAT EAT EAT, if no, wait for a better option.
    Example.. coworker #1 brings in store bough donuts ( not worth it), but coworker #2 brings in HOMEMADE, preservative free pie or tarts ( worth it)

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away from tomorrow...can you believe it! Mindful eating is a very important habit to *overhaul* on this journey. What happens most of the time tho for me is....AM I HUNGRY? Is it physical? Am I wanting something crunchy, salty, sweet, smooth, chocolate, etc. We all have food we love and food we crave. I would like to keep with the mindful eating and let's base it on the questions suggested here.....and of course the common one, FEELINGS.

I'd also like to add a couple others along with this....

1. Sleep ~ I think we all pretty much know what is recommended for sleep, so if your lacking try to increase your zzz's. Are your evening's hectic? do you have a routine? what can we change to improve it?

2. Veggies ~ I do pretty well with all my other food categories, but this one gets slighted. Let's aim for 3. Again, increase if you need to. Do you have your veggies throughout the day? all at one meal? variety? fresh, frozen, canned?

3.Perhaps this week's challenge should be trying to get in a total of at least 30 minutes of exercise/physical activity per day? You can do it all at once or work toward that goal throughout the day.

So...
    1. Sleep
    2. Veggies
    3. 30 min per day

And, if you would like to continue with previous challenges...BONUS!

week 1 water
    week 2 push ups
    week 3 sit ups & squats, and mindful eating

Good Luck everyone! you're doing great! 6 FULL weeks left to go!
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Loving the challenges (especially the sleep one). ha,ha.
    Fair play to you. Good luck everyone for the week ahead.
  • rlhartley
    rlhartley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday but didn't get a chance to post.

Starting weight - 201
    Christmas goal - 186
    Week 3 Weight - 197

A little bummed about the 1 lb weight gain. However, I'm surprised it wasn't more after my crazy week. I'm back in the swing of things now ( I hope!)

Have a great week!
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I had my monthly measurement today. From Oct 2nd- Nov 2nd I lost a total of 9.25 inches

SW: 187.6

11/2: 183

11/9: 178.6

XMAS GW: 175

UGW: 145
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! :)

Had some major computer problems this morning and was FREAKING OUT because I wasn't sure what to eat, since I couldn't get to MFP, lol. I just ate what I had yesterday. Luckily, it worked itself out by this evening. :) My weigh-in:

Starting weight: 179
    Week 1: N/A
    Week 2: 176
    Week 3: 176
    Christmas Goal: 169

Seems like a lot of people hit a wall this week. I had a lot of trouble with cravings (they always increase when I up my exercise, even though I am eating back my exercise calories), so I wasn't surprised by the lack of weight loss. Hopefully next week will be better.

This week's goals:

1. Sleep is never an issue since I've been unemployed for awhile (stupid teacher cuts) :(
    2. Got in two vegetables (potatoes and onions) so far, with another 400 calories before bed. Going to look through my cookbooks and find something yummy to use my leftover pumpkin with to get all three vegetables in.
    3. Have not gotten 30 minutes of exercise in yet. But I have a Jillian Michael's DVD in my player, ready to go.
    4. Had 7 glasses of water so far today, and will surpass that no problem after my workout.

Thank you all for keeping me accountable! I didn't think too much of MFP until this morning when it was unavailable. This is a great site!!

Megan
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Also- will we be moving to groups soon?
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    Also- will we be moving to groups soon?

I don't know...maybe we should take a vote?
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    Gosh, I am so tired right now...:yawn: we are having new laminate wood floors put in tomorrow in our kitchen & dining room. I unloaded a china cupboard today, a desk, another cupboard, moved table/chairs...and youngest son & I just unloaded our frig/freezer. Scrubbed and steamed the floors. Could eat on them they are so clean. Plus I worked. I think tomorrow is going to be a long day! but I am so excited too. Our current floor is in pretty bad shape...lasted 15 yrs. We've been married almost 25 and have always had white floors. This will be an adjustment!

With all that goin on I managed to have a good day *ME* wise :bigsmile:

11 glasses of water.
    had cuke, onion, green pepper, lettuce in a wrap
    went for a 30 minute walk...around 7:30pm...bout 40*. it was beautiful...clear skies, stars, and a full moon...I could have walked all night long!
    mindful eating...I had some tortilla chips for lunch and held myself to 1/2 a serving. homemade pizza for supper and I had just the 1/3 end of a piece.

g'night everyone! let's have a healthy & successful Friday!:smile:
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options
    I was reading thru everyone's posts and meganepreston mentioned that when she works out her cravings increase. I have this problem big time. I swear I lose more weight when I don't exercise because when I exercise I want to eat everything in site. I do very good on my water because it is the only thing I drink so I really don't think that is the problem. Does anyone else have this problem and any solutions???

Good luck to all of you over the weekend! Log Log Log!!!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    I was reading thru everyone's posts and meganepreston mentioned that when she works out her cravings increase. I have this problem big time. I swear I lose more weight when I don't exercise because when I exercise I want to eat everything in site. I do very good on my water because it is the only thing I drink so I really don't think that is the problem. Does anyone else have this problem and any solutions???

Good luck to all of you over the weekend! Log Log Log!!!

I think this is quite normal. Is your hunger mainly after eating or prior to? Is your workout near meal time or snack time? could be many things....but, my theory (for myself) is that when I exercise, I am burning calories...hence, burning energy. You should replace what you take away. Depending on the amount you have burned "off" through working out and then eaten (taken "in") for the day will determine your hunger. Are you eating back any of your calories? Do you eat foods that keep you feeling fuller vs non foods? Your food diary is not public so I could not take a peek. Just changing up your routine is an adjustment for your body. And with exercising consistently, you're bound to be hungry...more often, again depending where you are at for calories for the day. Calories in and calories out.

When you say craving...is it a particular item? salt? sugar? carbs...lots of them? Are you physically hungry or is it your mind wanting this particular food? Make sure you aren't restricting them too much in your diet. I say have something you normally wouldn't a couple times a week. But log it and keep the serving size normal. Plan your chocolate, chips, cookies. Nothing has to be forbidden. Maybe set aside a day or two a week just for McDonalds. It's all about moderation. I'm no expert here..just sharing what I have learned from others.