Things you totally remember from back in the day......

Options

Replies

• MsChievous7
    Options
    My old Sony Walkman cd player...usually had metallica or tool pumping all the way to school and on the way home in the afternoon.

Rotary dial phones
    8 tracks....my parents had a pretty sweet 8 track player back in the day.
    car windows that you manually roll down....I miss those
    mtv....when they actually played music :grumble:

oh yeah my old garbage pail kids stickers and X-Men card collection

Remember the stick of gum with the garbage pails kid cards?
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Huge bangs lots of hairspray, the onesided ponytail, florecent everything, Jean skirts of all sorts, stir-up pants and jeans so tight you had camel hoof, scrunchies and slouchy socks, keds or cheap canvas shoes, Large hoop earings and lots of bangles. SHOULDER PADS. Road around all day (with no supervision) on my Pink Banana seat bike named the misty. Had to take my little brother everywhere with me. Parents just said be home before dark. yellow sony cassette player not even dvd player listening to new kids on the block and millie Vanillie and Vanilla Ice. Then on to Doc Martins and Vans, guess jeans and club monico sweat shirts and plaid shirts. Good times Good times
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Huge bangs lots of hairspray, the onesided ponytail, florecent everything, Jean skirts of all sorts, stir-up pants and jeans so tight you had camel hoof, scrunchies and slouchy socks, keds or cheap canvas shoes, Large hoop earings and lots of bangles. SHOULDER PADS. Road around all day (with no supervision) on my Pink Banana seat bike named the misty. Had to take my little brother everywhere with me. Parents just said be home before dark. yellow sony cassette player not even dvd player listening to new kids on the block and millie Vanillie and Vanilla Ice. Then on to Doc Martins and Vans, guess jeans and club monico sweat shirts and plaid shirts. Good times Good times

Those were the days weren't they? lol
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I remember everything.
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hairspray that really glued your hair... yukkkk
  • TCWE
    TCWE Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    car phones and dunkaroos
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    safety pins up the sides of our jeans to make them into "skinny jeans"

earrings shaped like telephones

pen pals

Aha "Take on me"
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My caboodle
  • BrendaSwetland
    BrendaSwetland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Big hair, banana clips, leg warmers, spandex pants, oakleys, swatch watches, jean jackets, leather jackets, cassette players, boom boxes, rollar skating, rock concerts-whitesnake, tesla, motley cue, kiss, bon jovi, all the big haired bands rocked.
    being my parents remote control, actually playing outside without being told, charlies angels, tv dinner out of an aluminum tray.
    rainbow sweaters, kangaroo shoes, friendship pins. So many great things to remember.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I remember the a tv "remote" first came out.. it was a huge box with push numbers attached to a long cord attached to the TV. We used to slide it across the floor when someone said "pass me the remote"..
    My phone number when I was a kid was Bellvue 3- 2262
    Sponge toffee was my favorite candy followed closely by Barrets Sherbert.
    In my early 20's I was obsessed with Disco dancing every Thursday ..
    I watched the first episodes of One Life to Live, Young and Restless, Dark Shadows, My Children.

I remember back in the day was pretty good
  • Bet_Lynch
    Options
    Girls World (dolls head to do hair and put make up on)

Ghetto Blasters

Having a head full of braids with beads on the ends, then catching head lice at primary school and having them all taken out :sad: :sad: :sad:

White gloves, whistle, horn and glow sticks at Hardcore Heaven rave back in the 90's :bigsmile:

Wearing leather straps around my wrists cos I luved Ah-Ha at the time :heart: :heart:

Getting a superman tattoo on my arm just like Jon Bon jovi's :embarassed: :bigsmile:

Acid House t-shirts with the big smilie face:smile:

Oh and watching Star wars and Wizard of Oz on our cool Betamax video player
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I watched the first episodes of One Life to Live, Young and Restless
    Too bad soap operas are becoming a thing in the past!! I tape Y&R now and I watched Guiding Light & As the World Turns (they are off the air now)

I remember back in the day was pretty good
    I miss those days!! Somehow I really think we were better off then :cry:
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Atari PONG!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    those ponytail holders with the hard plastic balls on the ends that my mom would regularly crack me in the head with!

magic 8 ball!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Sitting in 2nd grade class and the nuns telling us JFK was just assassinated.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I still have Live Aid on Betamax and the player in storage
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just sold my 1980 Granada and the switch for the high beams was on the floor!

Marathon was a candy bar.

when SNL was funny

typewriters

OMG... anyone remember those awful metallic colored shiny pants/tops that were popular in the late 70s/early 80s disco era

Staying out all day and not coming home until dinner
    Riding our bikes, everywhere, for hours at a time, our parents not knowing where we were and not being worried about it

Bell bottom jeans mid driff tops and of course mini skirts. ha ha I remember the school dress code stated the dress had to be long enough so that if you reached for the top shelf of your locker your underwear couldn't be seen.

I watched the first episodes of One Life to Live, Young and Restless, Dark Shadows ,All My Children.

And my favorite so far - Purple Socks for Donny Osmond!!

One thing I remember that I wish we still had - Charm classes at school. Girls and boys were in separate rooms and we were taught manners and how to act in social situations. Of course, I grew up in the south in the 60's, lol.
  • 1prettysmile
    Options
    I'm an 80's baby I can go on forever lol

Jean Jackets in acid wash with shoulder pads of course lol
    Black shiny shoes for girls with laces that look like see through ribbon
    Buster Brown Shoes
    Neon laces
    Members Only Jackets
    Pro Wings
    Double tongue Reeboks
    Headbands
    Big shiny bows for the back of your hair
    Clamps that go on the edge of your t-shirt so you can tie it on one side. Had those in all neon colors with Diamonds lmbo

Give me a Break
    What's happening
    Facts of Life
    Different Strokes
    Webster
    Mr T
    Night Rider
    Silver Spoons
    Saved by the Bell
    Peewee's Playhouse
    Small Wonder
    The Wuzzles
    Jam
    Romp a Room

Madonna
    Bobby Brown
    Debbie Gibson
    Whitney Houston
    New Kids on the Block
    New Edition

Don't even get me started on the 90's lol

YES! YES! YES!

Plus...

The Smurfs (I still have a cereal bowl with a matching cup)
    View Finder
    Lisa Frank folders for my Trapper Keeper
    Jean Nate body splash
    Recording songs on cassette tapes from the radio
    Penny candy and freeze cups from the neighborhood Candy Store/House
    Bike-riding with my friends all over town until dark without a care in the world
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Purple Passion. Was this wine/wine cooler or some other alcohol drink?

When computers were the size of a small car, had a black screen with green letters and you had to program everything

I loved going outside at 9am and not going home til dark w/o having a parent in sight.

Hampton Beach half shirts
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Stores were not open on Sundays, and t.v. stations went off the air...test patterns and snow! Air raid drills. Metal roller skates that went over your shoes...and we always kept losing the key! The paper boy came around "collecting" and left those tiny little tear-off tickets as receipts.

Later on, mood rings, smocks, bell-bottoms and Dr. Scholls. Those clear plastic umbrellas that you stood inside of - I forget the name. Toe socks and pet rocks.

Those were good times!