what can I put on my veggies?

Hey guys I hate eating veggies, steam or boil and I have nothing on them. What can I put on them that low cal and carb?

I got hummus which I like anything else?

Replies

• Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Friends don't let friends eat vegetables without butter. Use butter.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Try some of these:
    Salsa
    Italian spice blend
    indian curry spice
    Jamaican jerk seasoning
    fat free sour cream
    a tbsp or two of cream of mushroom soup
    parmesan or romano cheese
    low fat salad dressing (reallly!)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    I LOVE emeril's original essence on steamed broccoli & cauliflower.... also, fat free or reduced fat parmesan is a great option! salt & pepper are also always great. I don't use butter.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Why can't you just add some herbs and spices? That way you aren't adding anything fatty, like oil or butter.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Light philadelphia with garlic and herbs - it's so good with steamed leeks, spinach, fine beans etc.

Garlic salt/Garlic pepper/Garlic granules.

Garlic olive oil (can you tell i am a huge fan of garlic-izing my veggies?)

Sauteed lean bacon or ham or some finely chopped chorizo, then mix the steamed veggies into the pan.

Chopped spring onions/scallions, sauteed in rapeseed or olive oil.
  • butter or olive oil. Just a bit goes a long long way and healthy fats are good for you.
  • I always put salsa on mine. And if you don't like spicy food, you can buy the mild kind(:
  • Hey guys I hate eating veggies, steam or boil and I have nothing on them. What can I put on them that low cal and carb?

I got hummus which I like anything else?

You could try like reduced fat cheeses? Or different spices. They usually don't have lots of calories if any. Garlic, onion powder, etc. I use sea salt and pepper sometimes. Certain vegetables are good sweetened, such as peas or corn, and I used to add sugar, so maybe like a low calorie sweetener such as splenda.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    I use stinky cheese. :) (grated parmasean)
  • mmerchant
    mmerchant Posts: 1 Member
    Low carb, you can saute' in olive oil. Good heart healthy oil and omega 3's.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Why can't you just add some herbs and spices? That way you aren't adding anything fatty, like oil or butter.

This.

I toss mine in coconut oil, just a little, and then toss them in chili pepper, cayenne, salt, and pepper and roast them. OMG delicious.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Also try mixing your cooked vegetables into an egg white omlette? The whites are fat free and super low calorie...with some reduced fat cheese melted in? Thats a whole meal and healthy too :)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    I LOVE the laughing cow cheese wedges with carrots. I get the plain light swiss one for carrots, and sometimes switch it up and get the light blue cheese one for celery and broccoli. They're only 35 calories each and a little goes a long way.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    butter or olive oil. Just a bit goes a long long way and healthy fats are good for you.

Olive oil, okay. But since when does butter have healthy fats in it? Just one tablespoon has 7 grams of sat. fat in it...your daily intake should be no more than 10!
  • Garlic Powder, sea salt, cracked pepper! Or just HOT SAUCE! Great for the metabolism.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    I like the low fat cheeses too, any kind of light cream cheese makes a lovely sauce for pasta or veggies, and is super easy, just melt it in the pan :o)
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    I mix a little Philadelphia Cooking Creme into mine. They have several flavors and it is delicious. Doesn't take much.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    I can't believe it's not butter spray!!
  • BodybyPlants
    BodybyPlants Posts: 76 Member
    SALSA!!!!! It bumps up the nutrition and flavor!!! But be careful with the high sodium content!
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    I use salt and blaack pepper, in fact the second helps slimming. But I can't have asparagus, unless they are combined with my own homemade mayonnaise, same goes with green beans. If you go into my diary you can check how many calories it has. :)