Mommy's Losing It! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Turkey Pumpkin Chili

This is actually a Whole Foods recipe. I made it yesterday, sans the black beans (didn't have any in the house) and it's delish and very filling. Leaving out the beans cuts some calories and you barely notice the pumpkin but get all the nutritional benefits. Also, I use fat free Fage Yogurt instead of sour cream and a sprinkling (just a tiny bit) of 2% shredded cheddar for a garnish. Yum!

Serves 6
    Besides adding a sweet nutty flavor to dishes, pumpkin is a ready source of vitamin A, which boosts the nutrition content of this offbeat chili. Garnish each portion with a dollop of sour cream and chopped cilantro.

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 small yellow onion, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
    2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 pound ground white or dark meat turkey
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
    1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained

Method
    Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add beans. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more. Ladle chili into bowls and serve.

Nutrition
    Per serving: 280 calories (110 from fat), 13g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 23g total carbohydrate (8g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 20g protein
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yummy Recipie

Chicken Breast topped with Salsa, a squirt of Italian Dressing -fat free of course ;) and a bit of Feta cheese.....

You wrap this in tinfoil and bake in the oven until chicken is cooked
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Favorite recipes:

Baked fish with herbs. There are so many variations on this recipe, I'll just give the basics. Use whatever fish and herbs you love:

Coat the bottom of a glass baking dish with olive oil. Rinse and dry your fish fillets. Turn them over in the olive oil in the pan to coat. Top with fresh or dried herbs. Here's a partial list of our favorites: tarragon (my personal favorite), thyme, lemon thyme, parsley, oregano.

Here's my fav vegetable recipe:

What's-in-the-garden-today steamed vegetables:

I typically use a mix of zucchini, broccoli, onions/leeks, red/green peppers, green beans. I'll parboil beans and broccoli first, or cook them a minute longer in the micro before adding other vegetables.

Use microwavable glass bowl. Prep vegetables and place in bowl. Add just a smidge of olive oil. Toss to coat. Cook on full power at 30 second intervals until done, Top with fresh herbs like basil.
  • sunflowertimes
    sunflowertimes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite recipes is a Hungry Girl makeover recipe.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

boneless skinless chicken breast
    laughing cow cheese wedge (any flavor you like)
    Lean thin sliced ham

Pound out the chicken, spread on the cheese on the chicken, put 1 or 2 slices of ham and roll it up. Season the outside of your chicken in you like. Stick a toothpick though it to hold it together and bake it. You could also slice your chicken breast in half lengthwise if you didn't feel like pounding it out. Easy and very flavorful with the laughing cow cheese inside.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite recipes is a Hungry Girl makeover recipe.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

boneless skinless chicken breast
    laughing cow cheese wedge (any flavor you like)
    Lean thin sliced ham

Pound out the chicken, spread on the cheese on the chicken, put 1 or 2 slices of ham and roll it up. Season the outside of your chicken in you like. Stick a toothpick though it to hold it together and bake it. You could also slice your chicken breast in half lengthwise if you didn't feel like pounding it out. Easy and very flavorful with the laughing cow cheese inside.

This sounds pretty good! I don't like many Hungry Girl recipes, she uses too many "fake fodds".
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Loving all the recipes!
    I may try that Chicken cordon blue this week! (although with a bit of real cheese, not sure what laughing cow is?)
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I love food and cooking...so I usually don't reuse a recipe more than once every few months. My favorite go to meal then would be using my homemade frozen lightened Bolognese sauce over whole wheat pasta. The recipe itself is from Cuisine at Home and simmers for a couple of hours. It makes a ton on the weekend and then I freeze it for quick meals over the next 2 to 3 months. The recipe is long and involved so I'm not going to rewrite it here! You could do this with any homemade pasta sauce.
  • circusmom
    Options
    If you haven't heard of skinnytaste.com, it is great! She has lots of great recipes!!!!
  • misty589
    Options
    when is weigh in? Friday?
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    when is weigh in? Friday?

Friday or sat. Whatever works best for you. As long as its in by sat night. :)
  • misty589
    Options
    okay. I think when I weigh in this friday I'll take measurements (if I can find a dang measuring tape!) and "before" pictures!
  • circusmom
    Options
    okay. I think when I weigh in this friday I'll take measurements (if I can find a dang measuring tape!) and "before" pictures!

Measurements give a more accurate picture of your weight loss than the scale. I haven't "lost" any weight in weeks, but I'm down in inches.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I am going to weigh in on Thursdays if that is ok with you all. I weighed my self today and I am at 146.5. lost .5lb from last week
  • Jenners4
    Options
    SO..... I just wanted to share my accomplishment. Today I ran - no walking ... 5kms!!:happy:
  • misty589
    Options
    HOLY COW! Congrats! that's a huge accomplishment!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Okay, my weight was 195.6 which was down a half pound. I've been frustrated with not losing any weight over the past month. So, I did measurements and I have lost another inch from my waist, bust and hips. Another 1/2 inch from my thighs. That at least shows my I am getting smaller.
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Happy friday all :) Here's my weigh in:
    SW:205
    CW: 160.8 ( - 3.2 lbs from last week)
    GW:135

I' super happy to have had 2 great weigh ins in a row. I hope I can keep doing well and finally reach my goal.

Today is my anniversary and I am splurging today but that is ok cuz I know what i have to do tomorrow :)
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Happy weigh in day--I'm at 153, another pound closer to my goal.
  • misty589
    Options
    Friday Weigh-in 157.8
  • Jenners4
    Options
    Here's my friday weigh in :

SW 152
    CW 138.5 ( down 3.5lbs ) :happy:
    GW 130