Boy Parts & Girl Parts

Options

Replies

• tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    How about calling them Prince Charles and Camilla..

:laugh: :laugh:
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    If i had kids .. i think i would kind of feel weird if my kid said to me "Mommy are you going to go wash your vagina" I think i much rather hear something cute like " Who Ha" or "who who" hahaha .. i dont know.. I never liked the word Vagina .. sounds ugly.

I second this statement
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I'd go with vagina. It's strange, I know, but I think it works. lol

My mom called it a "Tee Tee" for some reason. I always hated saying that. Not that I'm older when I'm joking around I say things like bejingo, who-ha, chach, va-jay-jay, etc. But not when I'm talking to kids, oddly enough lol
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    I don't have any kids, but I do have a hand in raising my god-son (7), niece (6) and nephew (23 months). The two older ones have been taught the proper terms. (We're not shy in this family, and they are what they are.) However, my sister preferred to teach her daughter to use the term "Choo-Choo". So now, even when I help her take a shower and remind her to wash down there, she says, "I know, Sissy. I gotta wash the choo-choo station..." I about DIED laughing the first time she said that.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I agree, giving our 'privates' nicknames certainly doesn't cause confusion, unless the parent refuses to talk about it properly. My 4yr old son know's he and every other male has a 'tail' - but I think this is a very english word for it! I remember my grandmother used to call our bottoms the full moon (i.e. if we were flashing our bums, the full moon was out!) and a vagina was a half moon or a front bottom!! My daughter is 2 1/2 now and we've been having the conversation about what we should say... I did hear of one little girl calling it her flower, however a fouff is another term we use here!!!
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    it is a bit odd

being in public and my son loudly complaining "mommy my penis hurts" and then daughter repeating it.

kids...

Right. I guess this was my sentiment. He is aware of the terms and he is also aware that we talk about privates at home and not out in public (ie shouting at a store, etc) but that if he needs to tell me something he can use the terms like wee wee or whoo haw, noo noo, lol whatever so that it is a bit more discreet.,..

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Who is it a big deal for? Other people, or you? Other people know that kids are kids and that they often yell inappropriate things. It's not really a big deal. My 3 year old LOVES to tell everyone in a store or restaurant about how she just went to the bathroom as she walks back to the table or shopping cart. Sure, it's embarrassing and silly and we try to get her to stop. But, she's a kid and she's proud that she's fully potty trained. It's a huge thing for her. If, at some point, one of my kids yells something about their penis or vagina, so be it. The meaning is the same no matter word they use, it's not like using "pee-pee" or "wee-wee" really makes it any more discreet.

In all fairness, I simply asked what terms you all use to teach your children about their private parts. I DID NOT ask for your judgement on whether I should prefer to use an anatomically correct term or a "kid friendly" term. If your answer if that you chose to teach your children to say penis and vagina, whether at school, church, the grocery store, or the bathroom..then that is your answer. Just leave it at that...thanks..
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    in my house we have woo-woos, winkers and "nickels" aka privates!
    however, they are aware of the proper term and for some reason they think we are cursing when we say penis and vagina. My kids are 11 & 5.
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    Ok, me and my daughter call it a "cookie". I know totally wierd and off the wall. But we laugh about it and it's funny. She is going through puberty right now and just started her period and it really lightened up the mood - when she said " my cookie is bleeding!". We laughed forever. Now she doesn't use that word with her friends, its only between her and me. Growing up we called Bubba's stuff a pee pee, and hers a vajaja (vuhjayjay). it worked. :)
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    He does know the correct names penis and vagina but he uses wee wee more frequently. Also, he's three and "vagina" is a bit difficult for him to say.

How often is he going to be saying vagina?

lololololololololololololol
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    My Father was a Biology Professor, so we learned the proper "Pee Pee" terms at a very young age.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My girls are 21 and 14 now. When my oldest was little it was a twinkle until around 5 and then we (well I) had a talk about the differences because she had started school and heard some things.

So because of the almost 7 year difference when my youngest became old enough to be aware and even before, it was vagina and penis. But the whole penis concept must have been something she wasn't "grasping" (Please please please no puns). Then one day, my husband must not have shut the door tightly and she walked in on him while he was peeing. She came running to me with a COMPLETE look of horror on her face, tell me, "Mom! I just walked in on Daddy and he was peeing and going like this!" and imitates him by standing and holding one hand on his back.

I then explain to her that yes, Daddy is a boy, and he has a penis, therefore he stands to pee. But we're girls, we don't so we sit. She accepted this explanation and walked away. Singing. "Daddy has a penis, Daddy has penis".

2 days later in Walmart singing her new song...... yeah nothing like a penis song sung by a 3 year old girl at the top of her lungs in Walmart! :embarassed:
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My girls are 21 and 14 now. When my oldest was little it was a twinkle until around 5 and then we (well I) had a talk about the differences because she had started school and heard some things.

So because of the almost 7 year difference when my youngest became old enough to be aware and even before, it was vagina and penis. But the whole penis concept must have been something she wasn't "grasping" (Please please please no puns). Then one day, my husband must not have shut the door tightly and she walked in on him while he was peeing. She came running to me with a COMPLETE look of horror on her face, tell me, "Mom! I just walked in on Daddy and he was peeing and going like this!" and imitates him by standing and holding one hand on his back.

I then explain to her that yes, Daddy is a boy, and he has a penis, therefore he stands to pee. But we're girls, we don't so we sit. She accepted this explanation and walked away. Singing. "Daddy has a penis, Daddy has penis".

2 days later in Walmart singing her new song...... yeah nothing like a penis song sung by a 3 year old girl at the top of her lungs in Walmart! :embarassed:

Haaaaa this is hilarious!!!
  • dcarreno
    Options
    who ha
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You could just use the proper terms. They're not bad words. My kids know the proper names and it hasn't scarred them for life. And in public, if he complains that his wee-wee hurts, everybody still knows what he's talking about. It's not any more discreet than just saying his penis hurts.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    We say penis and vagina. It amazes me that people treat those words as bad words.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I have two son and we use the terms penis and vagina. My youngest is 3.5 and has not issue saying either word.

Just my two cents on topic in general. We were told by a family friend/police officer who tracks sex offenders that using the real terms for body parts is a good idea with children because for a pedofile it makes the child seem adult and therefore less sexually appealing. Also there can be no confusion with doctors or teacher or other care providers about what your child is talking about if they use the proper body part names.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about all these little boys who have sore penises at grocery stores.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about all these little boys who have sore penises at grocery stores.

I don't understand this either.

And I'm not sure how to ask men "hey does your penis hurt sometimes"

:/
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    How about "off limits til your 95"?
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

I don't understand this either.

And I'm not sure how to ask men "hey does your penis hurt sometimes"

:/

I don't think this has ever come up, the penis ache...not ever.