What was the worst thing someone said to you regarding your

Replies

• My mom told me once "You looked so pretty when you were thin"
    My grandma told me " Do you think he broke up with you because you gained so much weight?"
    My son said to me " Mommy your stomach is getting bigger like that big fat guy. Are going to have a baby soon?"
    ( He is still so young he doesn't know yet though)

I think those are the worst. What have you got?

ugh!!!

My ex-bf and I broke up (on my call) because he looked at me and said 'should you really be eating that???'

Also I've had people tell me 'you'd be so pretty if you were skinny'
  • When I took my son for x-rays the other day the tech asked me when I was due while I was holding my baby in a car seat, he's obviously 2 months old.

When I lost several pounds a couple years ago it was an endless parade of people asking me how far along I was.

On a side note my mother lost over 40 pounds, she barely weighed 200lbs, and people still daily ask her when she's due or tell her she's crazy to have a baby at her age.

What is the obsession with asking women who weigh a little extra if they're pregnant?
  • When I took my son for x-rays the other day the tech asked me when I was due while I was holding my baby in a car seat, he's obviously 2 months old.

When I lost several pounds a couple years ago it was an endless parade of people asking me how far along I was.

On a side note my mother lost over 40 pounds, she barely weighed 200lbs, and people still daily ask her when she's due or tell her she's crazy to have a baby at her age.

What is the obsession with asking women who weigh a little extra if they're pregnant?

This happened to me once and I seriously almost slapped that *kitten*!
  • The tech looked like he was twelve, when I said I was due two months ago he looked scared to death and hurried and did his job.
  • A friend of my daughters when they were about 10 years old asked me if I was pregnant. I said no but was devastated!
  • When I was 16, my skinny petite mom pointed out to a obese lady & told me that she would reject me more if I would continue to gain weight & look like that.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    "When is your baby due?" nuff said.
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    I have had people make comments to me about my weight but the one instance that has stuck in my mind for a very long time was an incident in high school. I was a teachers aide my senior year for a class full of sophomores. For some reason that day, both me and the teacher were late. I arrived before her to see the class sitting and staring that the chalkboard. When I looked at it, there was a whale drawn on it with my name above it. I was so humiliated. I ran out of the room crying and bumped into the teacher. I didn't go back to class the rest of the hour but I did have to face them later. I wish I could go back to that instance but you just have to learn from it and move on.

I guess that technically wouldn't be what someone said but it was the worst for me.
  • wickedkitty
    wickedkitty Posts: 36 Member
    Husband: If you weren't so fat I wouldn't be so tempted by other woman.
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Dad-going to Omar's (the tent maker) for some clothes?
    Someone-are you really going to eat that?
    Gr7 Classmates- made up a song to the tune for the Godzilla cartoon calling me 'blobtina'
    Same classmates-skinny little blonde Australian girl (of course beautiful and popular) put on my jeans I had left on my desk. That lead to a whole lot of teasing

I am pretty sure there's a lot more but I have blocked it over time.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    One of my colleagues asking me if I was pregnant!?! I died.
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    A tramp in town, coming up to me to ask for money, starting the conversation by saying "I'm sorry to bother you, I know you're pregnant..."!
  • bluecal822
    bluecal822 Posts: 21 Member
    My grandfather, while in a separate room from me, told my aunt that my boyfriend had broken up with me because I was fat....That wasn't at all the case, I broke up with him.

Mom: You look so skinny in that picture, you must have been sick.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    I was in Y7 and fairly overweight (but not horrendously so at that point). I was in drama class and sitting next to a very overweight girl, who was completely in another league of weight to me. She looked at me, smiled, and said "me and you must be the fattest in the class".

That completely broke my world, because she was a lot heavier than me, but it made me start to think that I was as big as her, even though I wasn't, and it started lots of problems in my mind which made me comfort eat and obviously made the problem a whole lot worse. Not good!
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    there have been lots of such moments...i cant even recall some of them....but there is one incident when i felt quite humiliated......

i was meeting two of my school friends after a long time....... and one of them is a loud mouth....she is nice otherwise but she just says it to your face,.......

we were at KFC and as soon as i entered and she saw me she yelled...."Ruchika..... How many months has it been since you're pregnant" and started laughing....... and everyone in kfc started looking at me coz she said so loudly...... it was bad...... :embarassed:

Also, one such thing happened just a couple of days ago when i went for an interview and the interviewer pointed out to me that i was fat and short..even though it had nothing to do with my job!!!!! :mad:
  • phindilee
    phindilee Posts: 64 Member
    Quit the diet thing. You will never lose weight because you are naturaly a big person.
    My brother in law said my husband cheated on me because I was fat.
  • My husband a bit straight forwad person once said to me 2 months back when I was wearing a new dress "Sweetheart! why are looking like a aunt all of the sudden :("

People used say that I have put on weight , but these remarks from him...ahhh!! I decided then to loose~
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    I used to take lots of courses of steroids for my ulcerative colitis when i was younger so my weight used to yoyo - i was either completely round or boney!
    i once went to a family friends birthday party, his parents told me i looked lovely to which my mum replied 'No she doesnt, she isn't normally this fat' I was 16! Not cool, especially as both people she was talking to were overweight and didn't need it rubbing it in their faces either.
    So insensitive! Now i've lost the weight she likes me more, she was pleased when i had surgery because it meant i 'couldn't eat for a few days' but BMI has never been over 29, i have never been hugely overweight, she just has issues but it was still hurtful.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    My stepdad used to make hurtful comments to me all the time about my weight. But now due to his age & health he has blown up like a balloon. He has high blood pressure, sugar diabetes, high cholesterol. He has gained so much weight over the years along with his health going down. This proves that people really need to watch what kind of comments they make to other people because they never know when someday it may come back to them. My stepdad used to be a small man, he had no idea when he was making those comments to me that someday he would blow up and get bigger than me.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    If I hear one more time that I have childbearing hips or that with my waist to hip ratio I will never have to worry about heart disease.....

I hear that "child bearing hips" BS all the time!!! Most recently from my EX best friend who I don't think has ever been above a size 4 in her life. I think she was just jealous or upset or something that I was losing weight and could wear her clothes. It's soooo wrong of me to be her size???

I of course do have child bearing hips, because I am FEMALE. But the wideness of my hips and curviness of my @$$ is fat that I am trying to lose, not the bone and muscle...