What was the worst thing someone said to you regarding your

Options

Replies

• Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My mother is the one who usually makes the snipey comments. Sometimes she says my dad is saying it, but she's always the one to deliver the dig.

"You need to take off the weight now. I don't want you to end up fat like me."

"I remember how thin you were when you graduated high school. You looked so pretty then."

"Your dad says that you're getting pretty chubby. You'd better get back to the gym."

GRRR!
    Shannon
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    These comments are awful! I can't believe how people can be such insensitive *rseholes :mad: :mad:

I never got comments as bad as the ones posted here, only the usual "Wow, haven't you put on weight!!" or "You're so BIG now", type of stuff, and again, usually from relatives. Like yeah hadn't noticed that, no *kitten* Sherlock, thanks for pointing it out - as if I didn't know!

The worst thing is that stupid horrified expression that accompanies the statements. They say it as if I had murdered some small kittens.
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    Although there was one time I did have a crappy comment from a stranger, in the changing rooms of course.

I was getting a bra fitted, and the lady taking my measurements asked me if I was pregnant!

Flabbergasted, I replied, "Noooo, I've just put on a lot of weight!"

Not sure which one of us wanted the ground to swallow us whole more, both of us went as red as a beetroot and looked close to tears!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    "what are you having?" or "When are you due?" :huh: when I wasn't pregnant.
  • melissalan
    melissalan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just love how my dad goes in for a second hug so that he can pinch my sides and tell me that I need to go on a diet.
    It doesn't help that my 38 year old sister wears a misses size 4 petite, and my 28 year old sister wears a junior size 3 tall :(
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I was always a chubby girl... but never got 'picked on' in school. I guess it was because I was friends with EVERYONE from the skaters, to the jocks, to the nerds :) But one day (I will never forget) I was walking up the stairs behind this guy that didn't know I was there, and he said to his friend "All the FAT girls in this school are 13itches... well, all of them except for Amber".... I wanted to punch him in the face and say "I might not have been until NOW". He will never know that almost 20 years later that comment still sticks with me. :huh:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I must not invite negative comments, because I can't recall any. Must be talking about me behind my back. That's fine.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I usually hate these threads but it reminded me of something my mom said...

We were talking about how much weight I've lost, I feel better, I think I look better, etc. My mom turned to me and said "Yeah, Beck, you used to have jowls. Good thing you lost that weight."

I still remember feeling so hurt. It's the small things but they add up.

On a positive note, we're all here to improve our lives, so Keep up the Good Work! Have an amazing day!! Do something to make yourself proud!
  • iambeautifuldamnit
    Options
    My 8 year old daughter was showing me her muscles...so i showed her mine...and she said "no mom thats just fat"
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Husband: If you weren't so fat I wouldn't be so tempted by other woman.

"And if you weren't such an a-hole I wouldn't be tempted by other men."
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My uncles ex partner once said to my male cousin 'cant believe shes pregnant, shes so young' (i was 14) He told me the comment and as a 15 year boy thought it was funny!!! And i think since then i have always worried my appearance!

When trying on some new jeans (which were too small) my grandma said you need a bigger size than your mum now! My mum was hardly huge at the time, but i was wearing adult sizes, where i should have still been wearing age 13! Cried for about 2 hours!

Not too harsh, but they had an effect on me!

xx
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Elementary school was terrible. No nicknames to my face though, at least. We played this weird game in PE once where you jump on someone's back and they guess who it is. The coach kept pairing me and this other bigger girl. I didn't even play. I just stood there. We both knew we had each other every time..

When I was in maybe 4th grade someone asked, "How much DO you weigh?" and I could tell it was a dare because kids were watching and it was some kid I didn't really know.

Highschool wasn't that bad, I was a swimmer and weighed about 150. I was big but I didn't look too bad in a suit. Other girls made fun of another girl though and called her Cromagnon or "Cro" for short. Not to her face because we let her sit with us at lunch. She really was an insufferable b*tch but she didn't deserve THAT. I hung out with her on my independent because we had it together.
  • clairabell2024
    Options

OMG!! Thats mean!!!!

x
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:

OMG!! Thats mean!!!!

x

If my husband said this to me, I'd probably reply "yeah well if you didn't have a lil weiner, I'd get a better work out and loose more weight"
  • clairabell2024
    Options
    If I hear one more time that I have childbearing hips or that with my waist to hip ratio I will never have to worry about heart disease.....

I hear that "child bearing hips" BS all the time!!! Most recently from my EX best friend who I don't think has ever been above a size 4 in her life. I think she was just jealous or upset or something that I was losing weight and could wear her clothes. It's soooo wrong of me to be her size???

I of course do have child bearing hips, because I am FEMALE. But the wideness of my hips and curviness of my @$$ is fat that I am trying to lose, not the bone and muscle...

My mum tells me this ALL the time, she is VERY petite so i must have got something from my dad regarding my hips... But what does it even mean?? Is it frankly just a more polite way of saying you have massive hips or is she telling me im going to have massive babies?? lol x
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh... So many cruel words, over and over... People can be so unkind.

I just want to grab you all and give you a hug and tell you how beautiful you really are.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I've blocked out most of the specifics from when I was younger, but they hurt. A lot.

The worst lately is also kind of funny. A few weeks ago I was clothes shopping with my daughter and I held up a shirt (her size) and said "This is cute, I should buy it for me"

She looked from the shirt to me and back again and then said "No mommy, that will fit me but not you. I am small like a mouse and you are big like an elephant"

:noway: :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    When I was in size 20 or 22 - I tore tag out so I don't even know...I had a pair of levis with the flaps on back that button down....one unbuttoned and my son flipped it with his hand and said he was flipping my flap...well my daughter said - Jay that's just rude...she thought he said flab!!!!! then I saw how my DD viewed me....but it was very funny and we all laughed.
  • goelvira
    goelvira Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My friend and I were riding the elevator down in our office building and a man got on and made a comment to my friend saying... you need to watch what you eat or else you'll look like your friend. :-(
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    This doesn't really light a candle to some of the nasty, abusive comments that have been made to many of these posters but I thought I would share it anyway:

My cousin came to visit me after I had a baby and told me that I "used to be a knockout when (I) was in high school." I thought to myself, What am I now? So even though it wasn't meant to be a compliment and not mean, I thought about it and made up mind that Im not going to let my age or having a family keep me from being my best that I can be. Im also not going to be stuck in my past, comparing myself to who I used to be and what I used to look like.