For women: "Your husband must be happy..."

Options

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I think what I would say at that point is " what I love about my husband is he has always loved me for who I am unconditionally as it should be!"

and leave it that!:bigsmile:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Who ARE these people? And why can't they come say that *kitten* to ME...I would make them cry.

I'd pay good money to see that sh!tstorm.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Who ARE these people? And why can't they come say that *kitten* to ME...I would make them cry.

I'd pay good money to see that sh!tstorm.

Oh!! I'll buy popcorn!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Obvious question. Is your husband happy?
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    That reminds me of my mother. I was at the pool once right after I had my oldest daughter & this lady came up & started talking to us about my baby. She mentioned that she was almost 9 months pregnant. And my mom goes "You don't even LOOK pregnant!" (She did, she was just wearing a skirted bathing suit & it hid her belly a little)I know it was supposed to be a compliment but I was like Jesus, mom! You know that's like saying " You're pregnant? I thought you were just fat!"

My mom's a really nice person & didn't mean anything by her comment. It's just sometimes she lacks tact. It sounds to me like it's the same with these comments. I have just learned to not take offense to some of the things my mom(or people like her) say.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

hahaha!!! Love this!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Question. Do you all read this far into every statement people say? If you do, life must be a living hell.

I swear, just take it for what it is, a simple complement.

Also, how do you equate this with the person saying your husband wasn't attracted to you in the first place? Maybe he simply thinks you are even more attractive now?

This hyper sensative bull crap is what is driving the world into the sewer.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I can say that these people don't know my husband and he seemed pretty happy with me before.

My husband was deployed when I lost the majority of my weight.
    I got a lot of similar comments, and mostly replied that he was happy for me, but didn't really care because he loves me no matter what my size.

If you want to be a b*tch to those you don't know either (random people commenting unwarranted) you can always say something like...
    "Actually, he was really upset when I started shedding weight. He is upset with all the positive attention I'm receiving from women and especially men. In fact, he filed for divorce last week due to my change in body shape. However, I'm confident that we'll work through this, for the kids, you know?"
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If we are not happy with how we look, why do we expect our spouses to be?
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    WOW..that's really rude!

A lady at my gym who works out a lot said her (overweight) neighbor once said to her (when she saw her going out for a run) "I'm so glad MY husband loves me the way I am, so I don't have to do all that exercise you do". She was pretty offended!

Oh wow! This is a terrible one. LIke the other MFP lady said..."diarrhea of the mouth"
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I know that with increased weight loss Sex drives picks up significantly maybe that's what they are suggesting. ;)
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I know that with increased weight loss Sex drives picks up significantly maybe that's what they are suggesting. ;)

Agreed- I think these people are trying to coax you into talking about your sex life in a very subtle way!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    People can be ignorant. I would reply, "My husband was quite happy with me just the way I was, thank-you-very-much. I, however, am pleased that I am so much healthier."
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Question. Do you all read this far into every statement people say? If you do, life must be a living hell.

Also, how do you equate this with the person saying your husband wasn't attracted to you in the first place? Maybe he simply thinks you are even more attractive now?

This is worth quoting.
  • vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Co-workers have said that to me, but I've never been offended. I guess I didn't read too much into it. However, I guess in a way, you are right . . . WT&^&%% . . . I'll need to challenge them on this next time. LOL
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

ummmm, yeah...that's what us women do...we overanalyze things and read into them. Its really not our fault - its a girl thing!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

Considering that the majority of people who responded to her agreed in some way, then this^^^ is just a weeeeee bit condescending and rude. Thank GAWD not everyone in the world thinks the same, and if she (and many others) took it this way, are you saying all of them/us are wrong and only you are right? If so, YOUR life must be a living hell, to constantly be surrounded with such idiots. Poor you.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

ummmm, yeah...that's what us women do...we overanalyze things and read into them. Its really not our fault - its a girl thing!

hehehehe, :flowerforyou:
  • liftingbro
    Options

Thanks for being honest. That's my point, this is all just stupid. By time this thread is over not only will this be an insult someone's hubby will have been cheating on them as a result.
  • liftingbro
    Options

Considering that the majority of people who responded to her agreed in some way, then this^^^ is just a weeeeee bit condescending and rude. Thank GAWD not everyone in the world thinks the same, and if she (and many others) took it this way, are you saying all of them/us are wrong and only you are right? If so, YOUR life must be a living hell, to constantly be surrounded with such idiots. Poor you.

Rude? Yeah, because this thread is so full of stupid it's unbelieveable.

Not a single guy I know would find this in the least bit offensive. They'd be like, "Damn right I look better".
This discussion has been closed.