Primal Blueprint 21 Day Transformation

Options

Replies

• queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Graysgirl, which part of PNW? I grew up over there. I now live in Eastern Oregon. :bigsmile: I don't miss the dreary skys and rain but now I have snow... yuck!
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Primal Challenge: Day 16

Success Score: 10

Go Local

Estimate percentage of calories obtained locally: negligable
    Places you shopped: Southwest Va Farmers Market
    Hardest part: Pretty out of the way, have to plan trips (actually did this a couple weeks ago!)
    Best part: I love the in season veggies that I know are grown just a few miles away. I got beets and parsnips, onions, peppers, zucchini and apples.
    Comments: Farmer's markets are now a staple of my weekly shopping trips.

Moderate Duration Aerobic Workout

Activity: walking Duration: 75 min Location: roads around my home
    Comments: We had a summer day in November. It was gorgeous. And my foot held up well.

Calm Relaxing Evening 2

Comments: DH is working late, so I'm chilling alone. Perhaps we can implement this on the weekend.

Summary Comments

Daily energy levels: 9
    Hunger levels between meals: 0
    Satisfaction with meals: 10
    Struggles today with Primal efforts: Had a great day. No struggles that I can think of.
    Benefits noticed from Primal Efforts:Stuck to the plan with little effort. Rewarded myself with a hot bath instead of a bad food :)
    Daily highlights: Dinner tasted especially good; leftover meatloaf, root veg. Hash (made with those local veggies, plus some cabbage out of my own garden) and green beans.
    Daily needs to improve: Relaxing evening
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    PrimalMorningMoon Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Primal Challenge: Day 16

Go Local

Comments: Farmer's markets are now a staple of my weekly shopping trips.

Comments: We had a summer day in November. It was gorgeous. And my foot held up well.

Comments: DH is working late, so I'm chilling alone. Perhaps we can implement this on the weekend.

My farmer's market day is Saturday...I love going. Not only the food, but the people watching is fun! I'm hoping to make it a habit through the winter. Maybe even the Spouse will join me sometimes. :)

The sun was nice today in the PNW. I sadly did not get out into it much before 3 and it was pretty weak by then. It's cold though...40s.

I'm home alone this evening, too. Spouse is doing a double shift. It nice once in awhile...and I'm counting it as cave time...soon as I get off the computer. :)

Here's my journal for today...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Graysgirl/view/challenge-day-16-166771 It surprises me that this is so easy, how really good I feel most of the time, and that three weeks is mostly gone!
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    Options
    graysgirl, I keep meaning to ask you, what is PNW? You're in the Northwest, right? Forgive me if I got that wrong! :)

PNW= Pacific Northwest :)
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    Options
    Graysgirl, which part of PNW? I grew up over there. I now live in Eastern Oregon. :bigsmile: I don't miss the dreary skys and rain but now I have snow... yuck!

I live on the Eastside, (of lake WAshington) near Woodinville. I lived in Spokane for 12 years. I've been here for 10. I LOVE summers here, but it seems like they're getting shorter and shorter 2 months of sunshine is NOT enough. Which of course means the winters are getting LONGER...and winter means rain. I'm not CERTAIN, but I think I would like to do four seasons...even with snow. I grew up in the midwest and snow was cool...there were just no mountains. :) horsepal lives nearby too. Amusing. :)
  • queenbcronen
    Options

I live on the Eastside, (of lake WAshington) near Woodinville. I lived in Spokane for 12 years. I've been here for 10. I LOVE summers here, but it seems like they're getting shorter and shorter 2 months of sunshine is NOT enough. Which of course means the winters are getting LONGER...and winter means rain. I'm not CERTAIN, but I think I would like to do four seasons...even with snow. I grew up in the midwest and snow was cool...there were just no mountains. :) horsepal lives nearby too. Amusing. :)
    Yes! She told me! She lives in the Central Oregon, in the town where I was born. In Eastern Oregon, it seemed likere there used to be 4 definate seasons and now it seems like 5 mons of winter, which means snow, a few weeks of spring, 2 to 2 1/2 months of summer, a month of fall, and then BAM winter again! we do get beautiful sunshine even when it's cold but I miss the WARM. so neat to meet peeps "close by". :)
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    Options
    Spouse would kill me if I ate all three meals out today! Maybe one, later. :) That, and I hate talking about what I'm doing...not a good witness, ya know. :)

Obviously, the challenges are going to be a challenge today! Hope you all have a good Wednesday...half the week gone already-sheesh.
  • bonkers5975
    Options
    How the heck does anyone AFFORD to eat out three times in a day? We rarely have th emoney to eat out three times in a month, and we're not talking steakhouses, we're talking subway! ;) Besides, I'm 20 miles from civilization and no car. Sooo, I'm sauteeing chicken livers and bacon for lunch, a bit of a treat :)

Planning a ride this afternoon, if I can ever get through this pile of work!

Grok on!
  • bonkers5975
    Options
    Primal Challenge: Day 17

Modern Foraging #2

Comments: Just not possible. I did however, go to a friend's, and even though she offered my fav. Sugarfree cappucino, I declined and had water. Yay!

Full Length PEM Workout

Comments: Oh gosh. Spent 2 hours on Sully today. I think at this point I'm just going to start this challenge over when it ends, and the PEM will be my main focus. Perhaps I can only focus on one thing at a time? :)

Reach Out

Comments: I'm very transparent with everyone I know about this WOE. I think most of my family would join me in it if it weren't for the financial impact. I do know that whenever I have anyone over for dinner, they rave about the food and how lucky I am to be able to eat this way. I suppose it is all in what you are willing to sacrifice.

Summary Comments

Daily energy levels: 10
    Hunger levels between meals:2 (with 10 being very)
    Satisfaction with meals: 10
    Struggles today with Primal efforts: just finding time for that damn workout
    Benefits noticed from Primal Efforts: my energy is more often up than it is down. It's great!
    Daily highlights: Fantastic ride on Sully that did not wear me out: had energy to come home and spend 2 hours in the kitchen making a special dinner (Primal Moussaka)
    Daily needs to improve: PEM
  • bonkers5975
    Options
    So, Lady Groks, should I start a group, or would y'all rather just keep it here on the boards? I will leave it to a vote. :)
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    Options
    So, Lady Groks, should I start a group, or would y'all rather just keep it here on the boards? I will leave it to a vote. :)

A gorup some place else? Why? Just wondering.
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    Options
    I had lunch out at a Thai restaurant. It will be probably 3 meals, so that's good. The Spouse took yet another double shift, so I stopped by the market on my way home from walking and feeding the horses. I bought a ribeye and ricotta cheese and raspberries. Mmmmm...best dinner EVER! ;) Not real high on the spectrum today, cuz it was Safeway, but definitely high on the hog! :) Better than the Thai for lunch, easy. I also got my flu shot while I was there, so that''s taken care of for the season. yay!

Had a tough tough workout. I don't much care for PEM all by itself unless it's real fast...but I did the bootcamp thing and walked inbetween each exercise, added a few extra exercises, and did most of them all to muscle failure or close. Got some sunshine and pooped myself out while getting STARVED! The carbs were great until the Lara Bar. *sigh* Convenient, but not a really great option. Nuts, coconut, and dried fruit might be a better choice. My HR monitor says I burned over 1300 kcals!

So I feel great and I'm about ready to head to bed... Here's my journal. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Graysgirl/view/challenge-day-17-166772
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    Options
    OH! Is groups a new thing??? I just saw one...yeah, a group would work nicely if you are up to moderating for now. :) I could help if you want some.
  • queenbcronen
    Options
    a group sounds great peeps!
    Graysgirl, your dinner sounded amazing!
  • bonkers5975
    Options
    graysgirl, YUM! Your exercise commitment is inspiring. I'll get there. I do much better with indoor workouts once it gets too miserable to ride much! Taking advantage of this weather to put some miles on the big guy. I figure I'm succeeding so long as I'm doing SOMETHING!

Cindy? Yoohoo! How do you feel about a group? And if y'all want to do it, toss out some Primal name suggestions! I haven't seen Morningglory around either.

eye appt this afternoon, so working out will be out for today. Working this morning, parents for dinner (she's driving me!), so perhaps I'll make this my rest day!

Y'all have a great one!
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    Options
    Well, it's nice to be inspiring. :blushing: I used to be a sort of a lump...though that was a long time ago. I really do like the way exercising makes me feel...short term and long term. Except for yoga, I almost always prefer to be outside, even in the rain. Once in awhile I use the recumbent bike at the Y. Or swim...which I also prefer inside...rather than a lake.

Here's a name suggestion. Primal Practice...derived from yoga practice. Or something with Purpose in it somewhere. Just what's coming tomind.

Have a great day!
  • horsepal
    horsepal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey Lady Groks ...Primal Princesses ...Primal Partners .....Primal Pride (as in a pack of Lions) ..

Anyway I think a group would be great as we already are a group but it might be easier to comunicate.

So Ange how did your moussaka come out?

I did have a pretty good primal day of eating with the exception of a costco chicken salad for lunch...But I did have a primal Frittata for breakfast made with my free ranging chicken eggs and other good veggies and some bacon. then for dinner I had fish "tacos" with my hand caught ocean perch, fresh tomates still from my garden and wrapped up in a lettuce leaf...so two outta three meals pretty high on the primal scale.

before I left work one of my pals called and she invited me to Hike the Butte with her it is a cinder cone right in the middle of Bend, one mile spiral trail up and one mile down but it is a big pull to get up it...Benders use it as a natural workout with a great view...there is a steady stream of folks going up it all day ...we do it in one hour , I'm sure that is no record but for the good concentrated effort it takes it is one of my favorite one hour workouts...and the view is amazing and the sunset was perfectly pink!

Great day to be a Grok!
  • queenbcronen
    Options
    Morning everyone!
  • bonkers5975
    Options
    Good morning, Brandi! And everyone :)

Yesterday was CRAZY. I didn't have time to... well, you know ;)

What about something along the lines of The Primal Life? I would like it to be a place where anyone doing primal could come for advice or support.

Cindy, the moussaka was... omg. I had a moment. And I made 2 recipes, which is a lot of moussaka! I put one whole pan in the freezer, and we still have plenty for another meal! It was labor intensive, though recipes like that always are the first time. I think I could be more efficient making it next time :)

I did great yesterday. Was out all day, and no temptation to grab a snickers or some chicken poppers from walmart. Came home to a crockpot full of chicken and root veggies, and had a completely healthy dinner. Was not hungry at all between meals. Hoping for a repeat today!

Grok on, girls!
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    Options
    Srsly. Bad. Day.

I think I am pre-menstrual, or perhaps it was the full moon, but good grief the cravings for chocolate were INTENSE!!!!!!! And not dark chocolate.

Anyway....planning a better day today. Starting right now.

The weather has scrapped a hike I had planned with a friend. Next time we go out it will probalby be snowshoeing. That's not a bad thing, just a change in mindset.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours in the yard, raking, mowing and filling my NEW compost pile with greens and many many browns. I cleaned up my worm compost bin for in the house and started a fresh layer for my happy worms. :) The sun was shining all day and it was lovely...probably the last day for awhile because apparently winter begins TODAY. The rest of the leaves will likely get blown out of the trees today and I'll have to rake WET leaves the next time the sun shines even for a short period. Ah well. It has to be winter to be summer again, right?

Here's my journal... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Graysgirl/view/challenge-day-18-166776 it was more like a 20/80 day