Sexy in Six ***closed group*** Week Four!!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY QOTD! (I am so sorry for it being late! I lost track of the thread and didn't know I was up!)

I want us to go back and reflect on WHY we started our journeys and how we have changed (outside and inside) in the process, because every single one of us had a reason. Please try to be more specific than, "i wanted to look hot," or, "i felt fat." Reconnect with the real reasons you're doing this and feel that motivation spike. I think we all need a reality check sometimes because the tiny details take over and make it hard to appreciate the bigger picture.

Wow really got me thinking. I have struggled with my weight all my life. In middle school I was bigger but not "fat". In high school I lost all of that and was skinny. In fact by my senior year I was too small when I look back now. I was able to eat/drink what I want and never worry about weight because I was really active. Then the weight starting coming on when I got a sit down job. I got braces and it came back off...then they came off and it went back up.

I started trying to lose weight because I don't like how I look or feel. I want to get out and play with my kids but can't because after 20- minutes I am too tired. I look at my 7 year old daughter and honestly don't want her to go through what I am going through now. This time I knew I couldn't just "diet" to get the weight off...I had to make some changes in my life so that once the weight is gone it won't come back. I see my changes being mirrored in my daughter. When I drink more water, so does she. When I eat an apple instead of ice cream, so does she. Right now my son is too young to understand so if I can make these changes for me now...my whole family will benefit from it later.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options

Friday QOTD: This is more to help me but what is everyones favorite low cal meal/snacks?

hmm...I love eating my homemade veggie soup. It's so full of protein and fiber so it feels you up and is under 300 cals per bowl. For a snack, I love most the the SnackWell's chocolate snacks. I have a big sweet tooth so I like to find something low cal to take care of that.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Snacks: pistachios, Costco garlic & chive pita bites, veggies with roasted red pepper dip, apples, Healthy choice fudgesicles
  • emilytgs24
    emilytgs24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD- Popcorn!! Air popped with a touch of butter. You feel like you're eating so much when you have a huge bowl in front of you!

100 calorie packs
    string cheese and almonds
    fruit and almonds
    apples
    switched to couscous as a starch side. seems like you can have lots more of that than other starches.
    huge salads with lemon and balsamic vinegar before meals-I would take them to work along with my frozen lean cuisine and it seems like I was eating home made and lots.
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Friday QOTD: This is more to help me but what is everyones favorite low cal meal/snacks?

I love red/green peppers to munch on. Sometimes with Hummus.
    Apples are also very filling.

I don't snack much since I don't have any self control!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies- i started 30-Day Shred about 2 weeks ago so I'm halfway through. I wanted to take progress pics for myself...i think i'm making progress. it's hard to tell for me! i am down 7.5 inchces all around since starting the Shred though!

BEFORE:
    2i9t3c2.jpg

HALFWAY:
    mhudko.jpg
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Weigh- in day! 'm sorry i haven't been on the boards this week- it's been sort of quiet all around! we need to get it going again. I'm happy to say that i'm down 2 pounds since the last weight-in! i increased cals which seems to be helping. i don't think i was giving myself enough fuel. How's everyone else?
    Go Yellow Team!!! can't wait to see how the Mellow Yellows did this week :wink: