• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have my son, Rylin Joseph.

Also like/planning on...

Peyton Leigh
    Kaylin Marie
    Allise Marie

And have no boy names. I like Owen though. Hubby and I searched and searched just to come up with our sons name. Hopefully there's a girl in our future!
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    first off - no i'm not pregnant. i just think that hearing people's different ideas for children's names is fun and i'm sure i'm not the only one who likes sharing mine. so i'd like to hear your future ones or if you have kids currently. i like slightly different names that aren't often heard so what names do you have planned for your little ones?

girl: eleanor
    boy: atticus

Atticus! LOVE it!
    I have a boy named Dylan ... dad wasn't on board for my first name pick, Kellen (although he thought Batman was a good idea) ... If we ever have a girl I love the name Riley Jane.
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Girl: Kyo Grey (the lead singer of Dir En Grey is named Kyo, yeah, it's a guy's name, but it's cute!), Freya Rose, or Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac song)
    Boy: Leon
    we haven't thought of a good middle name for either Rhiannon or Leon, so any suggestions would be great. Yeah, my kids are going to be named some strange things, but it's ok.
    oh! and my favorite name that I've heard so far is Kineta. A girl in my speech class had that name, and I just loved it.

I love Kyo. it sounds asian-y and I LOVE asian-like names.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Not pregnant but I want to be in 2014. I want a son, as does my hubby... His name will be Roland Cthulhu, he'll be R.C. for short. If we end up with a girl her name may be Ann R'yleh or R'yleh Ann... Not sure which is more fluid sounding yet. Yes we love H.P. Lovecraft...
  • backwardslant
    backwardslant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    first off - no i'm not pregnant. i just think that hearing people's different ideas for children's names is fun and i'm sure i'm not the only one who likes sharing mine. so i'd like to hear your future ones or if you have kids currently. i like slightly different names that aren't often heard so what names do you have planned for your little ones?

Clearly I am a fan of at least one of those names. :) Great picks!
  • thesmellofapples
    Options

Atticus! LOVE it!
    I have a boy named Dylan ... dad wasn't on board for my first name pick, Kellen (although he thought Batman was a good idea) ... If we ever have a girl I love the name Riley Jane.

Riley is a cute name. It sounds could of like a down to earth kind of name ... if that makes any sense.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Girl: Kyo Grey (the lead singer of Dir En Grey is named Kyo, yeah, it's a guy's name, but it's cute!), Freya Rose, or Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac song)
    Boy: Leon
    we haven't thought of a good middle name for either Rhiannon or Leon, so any suggestions would be great. Yeah, my kids are going to be named some strange things, but it's ok.
    oh! and my favorite name that I've heard so far is Kineta. A girl in my speech class had that name, and I just loved it.

I love Kyo. it sounds asian-y and I LOVE asian-like names.

it's Japanese
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    And, my friend Kineta has a daughter named Eleanor. she's adorable!!
  • thesmellofapples
    Options

Clearly I am a fan of at least one of those names. :) Great picks!

Atticus is the most amazing name in my opinion. People say he will be made fun of because of to kill a mockingbird and i'm just lyke ... "srsly? who would make fun of one of the greatest characters in classic american literature?"
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    me and my bf decided on these

boy: Giovanni
    girl: Eva

Love the boy name! That's my nephew's name.

Boy: Ayden Armani
    Girl: Jayden Amore (I'm cutting the amore part most likely)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    me and my bf decided on these

boy: Giovanni
    girl: Eva

Love the boy name! That's my nephew's name.

Boy: Ayden Armani
    Girl: Jayden Amore (I'm cutting the amore part most likely)

My friend's middle name is Amorette. I think it's adorable!
  • thesmellofapples
    Options
    I have my son, Rylin Joseph.

Also like/planning on...

Peyton Leigh
    Kaylin Marie
    Allise Marie

And have no boy names. I like Owen though. Hubby and I searched and searched just to come up with our sons name. Hopefully there's a girl in our future!

I have an easier time coming up with boy names than girls but boyfriend usually doesn't agree on it. He wants a son named Johnson which I'm not impartial to. But i demand and Atticus first. I like other kind of odd names for guys like Vladimir, Misha, and Matei.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of naming a potential daughter after me. My name's Bronwen. I was named for a heroine in a sci-fi romance novel my mom read. Only it was spelled Bronwyn in the book. My mom had a dream while she was pregnant with me that she was pregnant with me and named her daughter Bronwen. So there ya go.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My son is Gabriel Michael, so he got two angels :D He's also born 2 days before Christmas.

I like names that are "real" names and yet not in the top 10 of names either. I really dislike the trendy misspelled things, sorry. If I can't yell it across the playground and introduce him as a doctor or lawyer (or other "professional") it was off the list.
  • thesmellofapples
    Options
    What ever happened to Mike, John, Sue, Mary, Shirley, Steve, ....?

I could ask the same of your generation of where the Phyllis, Gertrude, and Melvins are.

generations just change. The names are more complex now and over generations the simpler names of your generation might come back. or people will be names like pets or something. who's to tell?
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    girl- Calleja Shannon, the first one is pronounced Ca-lay-ya. and the middle name is my first name. tradition for the girls in the family :) as well, Calleja is a family name, i would have been Calleja if my mom had of thought of it, hence the use of it in my screen name. lol

as for boy- i've always liked Greyson. idk why. there is no tradition for boys names in the family, so i can choose whatever. lol
  • thesmellofapples
    Options
    I like the idea of naming a potential daughter after me. My name's Bronwen. I was named for a heroine in a sci-fi romance novel my mom read. Only it was spelled Bronwyn in the book. My mom had a dream while she was pregnant with me that she was pregnant with me and named her daughter Bronwen. So there ya go.

I love your name. It's so unique.
  • bottlecaps
    Options
    You can tell my boyfriend and I are nerd by the names we have agreed on...
    Girl: Harley (After Harley Quinn from batman)
    Boy:Logan (After Wolverine)
  • MzWendi
    Options
    My hubby and I have been talking about the whole family thing so of course names came up. We have a couple of ways of going...but we tend to lean towards the "someday they will hate us for their name and maybe forgive us when they're older" names :D

Here are the possibilities we came up with:
    Girl: Sara; Edna Ruth; Boudicca Elizabeth
    Boy: Simon Gregory; Nebuchadnezzer Alexander (totally my hubby's idea of first name);

We also like the name Ashbrook (my hubby's middle name) for either sex.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

I love your name. It's so unique.

Aw, thanks! The rest of my family is Ann, Dave, Isaac and Caitlin. I'm the weirdo ;)

I should add that when people ask me if I'm named for someone, I sigh a little before I tell them the story. Haha.